Worst Physical Pain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: Worst Physical Pain?
Bilateral mastectomies performed by a surgeon that thought one hydrocodone was enough for pain relief. Sadcryface

I won't even go into the nerve damage that tormented me for the next few years.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 06:27 PM
They say kidney stones are the worst possible pain.
Never had em, but if you ask a doc, that's what they usually say.
I suspect the "it feels like an elephant sitting on my chest" of a heart attack is up there due to the anxiety + pain.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-12-2014, 06:34 PM
(02-12-2014 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They say kidney stones are the worst possible pain.
Never had em, but if you ask a doc, that's what they usually say.
I suspect the "it feels like an elephant sitting on my chest" of a heart attack is up there due to the anxiety + pain.

In 1981, I thought unplanned, natural childbirth complete with episiotomy was the the worst. Then I had the experience of kidney stones, they were the worst till five years ago...now I just tough 'em out. My tolerance for pain was always high but now is off the charts.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-12-2014, 06:48 PM
14 hours in a hospital bed with an undiagnosed burst appendix. There's pain and then there's dying.

#sigh
02-12-2014, 06:54 PM
(02-12-2014 06:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bilateral mastectomies performed by a surgeon that thought one hydrocodone was enough for pain relief. Sadcryface

I won't even go into the nerve damage that tormented me for the next few years.

Wow. I can't imagine.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-12-2014, 06:55 PM
(02-12-2014 06:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  14 hours in a hospital bed with an undiagnosed burst appendix. There's pain and then there's dying.

A man I work with had an emergency appendectomy about three weeks ago. Shortly after getting home from the hospital he sat down and his colon burst....OMG! He is still in ICU.

02-12-2014, 07:14 PM
So... it was a warm summer in the 1990's. I was on a train from the center of the city out towards home in the outer suburbs.

Having gotten on the train at one end... I'd decided to move towards the other end of the train so as to be better positioned to get off at the home platform/station.

Here's an 'End on' view of said old 'Red rattler'.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-11/sy...er/5384850

That door there in the center of the body? It's about two inches of good, solid timber. With a nice, thick (About 6 to 8 mm of glass) window made not to break into slivers but hold itself together (Laminated) It opens 'Outwards' from the train so as to allow more room on the inside fro people when they are opened as people want to move from one carriage to another (Yups, like in the old west movies you stepped through open air, over the clamps and such to get from one carriage to another. )

So. passing from one carriage to the next. Both doors open with me in the new carriage but my hand on the sill for balance just as I'm reaching for the poles placed inside for people to brace themselves against. We hit a spot on the tracks which causes the train to 'shunt'.

That door? Simply held open? Yah.... almost instantly slammed shut on the two middle fingers of me left hand.

I've been hit by a car. Have almost had a finger amputated. NOTHING is as mind blowingly painful as that moment in my life.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I could not even make a squeak of noise. Do nothing but huddle on the seat hand gently cradled in my lap and rock back and forth my entire consciousness for a good while consisting of nothing more than the pain beyond pain registering in my mind.

Just two... little... finger tips....

Was a long time ago, all better now. Big Grin

Much cheers to all.
02-12-2014, 07:17 PM
(02-12-2014 06:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 06:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  14 hours in a hospital bed with an undiagnosed burst appendix. There's pain and then there's dying.

A man I work with had an emergency appendectomy about three weeks ago. Shortly after getting home from the hospital he sat down and his colon burst....OMG! He is still in ICU.

That is one unlucky dude right there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-12-2014, 07:37 PM
(02-12-2014 05:36 PM)Free Wrote:  I just got back from the dentist.

Enough said.

You?

Go!

Kidney stones! Dentist.. Pfft... Smile
02-12-2014, 07:41 PM
(02-12-2014 06:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bilateral mastectomies performed by a surgeon that thought one hydrocodone was enough for pain relief. Sadcryface

Bastard. Should have sued him.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post