Worst Physical Pain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2014, 02:47 AM
RE: Worst Physical Pain?
Worst pain was when I bent my right knee forwards 35 years ago.
Still get a lot of pain if I over extend it while walking.

It was quite painful watching that Megan Fox at the museum film.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 03:14 AM
Epidural didn't work. After 3 hours at 8cm, contractions 90 seconds apart and on pitocin, I went for an emergency c-section. Felt the scalpel, almost broke my teeth when it felt like my abdomen was being ripped apart, and woke up five hours later. Then they sent me home with a fever and a post op infection. I should have sued.

Most painful things I've seen? Gruesome enough that I won't discuss it here. Which is saying something - I have a barely functional filter.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
03-12-2014, 03:36 AM

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2014, 03:57 AM
(03-12-2014 03:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Ouch!
03-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Personally kidney stones (3 different times). It felt like I was being cut open from the inside with a dull knife. Following that was getting my finger crushed. It looked like a banana that had been stepped on, complete with exploded tip. It happened in 1991 and still hurts from time to time. Third would be the time I got hit with a 5 ton crane load and smacked into and over a hand rail. No broken bones, but I did have two dents on my left leg that were over an inch deep. Took me over two months to be able to walk unassisted and about 6 before the limp went away.
03-12-2014, 07:27 AM
(03-12-2014 03:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Epidural didn't work. After 3 hours at 8cm, contractions 90 seconds apart and on pitocin, I went for an emergency c-section. Felt the scalpel, almost broke my teeth when it felt like my abdomen was being ripped apart, and woke up five hours later. Then they sent me home with a fever and a post op infection. I should have sued.

Most painful things I've seen? Gruesome enough that I won't discuss it here. Which is saying something - I have a barely functional filter.

I think you win...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
The worst pain I've ever personally experienced was oral surgery. I had all 4 wisdom teeth and a molar removed in one sitting. They gave me a numbing jelly on a cotton swab, then 4 injections of novacaine, then the gas, AND intravenous anesthetic to put me under. I wasn't 100% under the entire time, I could perceive my surroundings but there was no real pain during the surgery. It was the recovery that got me. Apparently, the roots of all 5 teeth were sort of twisted so they couldn't simply be pulled out, each tooth had to essentially be split into pieces with some kind of surgical hammer and the pieces removed. This wreaked havoc on my mouth, and made life a living hell as there was no place in my mouth that I could actually chew food without severe pain. I subsisted primarily on Carnation breakfast shakes and jello for about 2 weeks. Also I was on Oxycontin. Nobody explained to me, because I guess it's supposed to be common knowledge but I'd never had meds like that before, that taking that much Oxy will constipate you like crazy - and that you should take stool softeners every day you're on Oxy. I didn't know this. So after 10 days of severe constipation I finally dropped a football-size deuce on Day 11, which quite honestly I thought was going to kill me; got horrible hemorrhoids from that and took several more days to recover. So I couldn't chew proper food, or sit comfortably. Suffice it to say even if Hell exists I have no fear of it, I've been there already.

The bitch of it all was that the surgery was sort of elective. My wisdom teeth weren't actually causing me any pain, but the dentist felt they could become problematic in the years to come so he thought it wisest to just have them out. If I had it to do over again I'd tell him to fuck off.

I can't compare this to anyone else's pain but it was certainly bad enough.
03-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Fell off my bike once... Nuff said.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
03-12-2014, 10:13 AM
(02-12-2014 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Urinal track infection. Couldn't even stand up but somehow rode my motorbike to the emergency room.

Child labor has got nothing on that and anyone that says otherwise can be shot in the kneecaps and left to fester and die in their own filth.

What???
You're kidding right?
Have you ever been in labor? Do you say this because you're aware labor pains come and go????
Wtf muffs??

Nope. Labor. And I've had several surgeries including having my neck replaced.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-12-2014, 10:28 AM
(03-12-2014 10:13 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Nope. Labor. And I've had several surgeries including having my neck replaced.

Yeah those neck transplants can be a bitch. There is always a conflict when you want to turn your head to the right and the residual memory of the previous owner wants to turn it to the left.

Fucking neck transplants ...

Hobo

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post