Worst Physical Pain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: Worst Physical Pain?
Pinched nerve in my c4-c5. Made it feel like my shoulder was constantly on fire and gave the sensation of being being torn asunder by dire wolves and land piranhas. Stupid nerves. Censored

[Image: SaganPortrainWide.png]
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism. -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I was mountain biking by myself, and making good time I might add, when I rode too high up on the side of a dried up creek bed bluff. I quickly realized that centrifugal force was not going to help me as much as I calculated going into the turn. So I fell from about 10 ft high over my handlebars in a diving motion attempting the 'ole tuck roll but instead my shoulder hit the ground first which as it turns out was much better than hitting my head or neck. Thank God of course. Smile

Ouch. The result was a grade 3 separation of my clavicle and completely tore the ligaments holding it down. The only thing worse is a grade 4 which is where the clavicle breaks upward enough it penetrates through the skin or grade 5 were the clavicle is pushed down into the other bones. All 3 grades signify complete tears of the ligaments requiring, in most cases, screws and gore-tex tape to fix the clavicle in the original position.

I asked the DR at the ER, who's name was Sergio Garcia btw, what's more painful a dislocated shoulder, separated shoulder, or broken clavicle? He said a separated shoulder is 10 times the pain especially complete tears. That sucked because I had to pick my bike up after the accident and push it through the trails back to my truck then drive to the nearest gas station for a ride to the ER with lips quivering from pain and everything. That was the worse physical pain I've experienced.
20-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Two natural labour and births......first more so than second but I still stick with broken nose!
Stints on your face, swabs up your nostrils and unable to breath with a bruised face....not pretty......ever!
20-12-2014, 09:37 PM
(15-12-2014 09:26 PM)Citizen Wrote:  Bilateral femur fractures, fractures of left ulna, radius and humerus and metacarpals in right hand in an industrial injury fifteen years ago. There was no immediate pain, but became intense as we waited for the second closest paramedic team as the closest was on another call. As I was caught by a coworker, my right thigh was over top of my left thigh and about half and hour later the paramedics finally uncrossed my legs before feeling pressure from the MAST trousers.

I didn't pass out and was awake for all of it including listening to the ER doctor ask paramedics how much pain killer I was given and was flabbergasted and yell out, "Is that it?!" Perhaps the worst was transferring from one ambulance board to the medical helicopter board where they pull legs straight.

Level I trauma. Holy shit. I've intubated a few for pain control. Sounds like that's what you needed. Truly 10/10 pain. I finally got Versed to knock me out for my 10/10. It's horrific that you were awake for all of that - passing out only happens if you vagal down, that's what people fail to understand about pain.

Bilateral femur fractures, ruptured testicles, dislocated fingers, degloved hands, and unanesthetized (probably spelled wrong - I'm drunk) Caesarean sections are probably among the worst pains possible. I've personally experienced the latter..

Shingles probably next due to the nerve involvement.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
20-12-2014, 09:50 PM
(20-12-2014 09:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 09:26 PM)Citizen Wrote:  Bilateral femur fractures, fractures of left ulna, radius and humerus and metacarpals in right hand in an industrial injury fifteen years ago. There was no immediate pain, but became intense as we waited for the second closest paramedic team as the closest was on another call. As I was caught by a coworker, my right thigh was over top of my left thigh and about half and hour later the paramedics finally uncrossed my legs before feeling pressure from the MAST trousers.

I didn't pass out and was awake for all of it including listening to the ER doctor ask paramedics how much pain killer I was given and was flabbergasted and yell out, "Is that it?!" Perhaps the worst was transferring from one ambulance board to the medical helicopter board where they pull legs straight.

Level I trauma. Holy shit. I've intubated a few for pain control. Sounds like that's what you needed. Truly 10/10 pain. I finally got Versed to knock me out for my 10/10. It's horrific that you were awake for all of that - passing out only happens if you vagal down, that's what people fail to understand about pain.

Bilateral femur fractures, ruptured testicles, dislocated fingers, degloved hands, and unanesthetized (probably spelled wrong - I'm drunk) Caesarean sections are probably among the worst pains possible. I've personally experienced the latter..

I'll raise you having your chest torn off and muscles front and back relocated by a doc that doesn't believe pain meds are needed afterward.

Thank dog for my plastic surgeon who when contacted ordered a little bit of everything. So much so, that I turned the sleeping pills down.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-12-2014, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 06:46 AM by gofish!.)
Kidney stones. First time I felt the pain I was in the passenger seat of my then girlfriend's car. The pain made me straighten out double time , breaking the car seat in the process.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
23-12-2014, 11:47 AM
(20-12-2014 09:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Bilateral femur fractures, ruptured testicles, dislocated fingers, degloved hands, and unanesthetized (probably spelled wrong - I'm drunk) Caesarean sections are probably among the worst pains possible. I've personally experienced the latter..

Gasp Ye gods. What's a degloved hand? Sounds horrible.

You guys have all experienced so much more pain than me... It's kinda scary. I think worst I had was after whatchermacallit surgery. Hernia. That thing. Wasn't a problem though...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2014, 05:38 PM
(23-12-2014 11:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 09:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Bilateral femur fractures, ruptured testicles, dislocated fingers, degloved hands, and unanesthetized (probably spelled wrong - I'm drunk) Caesarean sections are probably among the worst pains possible. I've personally experienced the latter..

Gasp Ye gods. What's a degloved hand? Sounds horrible.

Now, I want you to think of a hand. It can be any hand, doesn't matter. Imagine this perfectly normal hand; visualise it for a moment.

Now visualise the hand without skin, or rather, with skin merely resting upon it. The skin has been severed from the underlying musculature and can be peeled away in a manner similar to that of a glove.

The hand has been 'degloved'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-12-2014, 05:47 PM
No no no no no NO!

Bad toothache beats out everything, bitches!

I started this thread, I am right, and I win the god damn internet.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
23-12-2014, 06:02 PM
(23-12-2014 05:47 PM)Free Wrote:  No no no no no NO!

Bad toothache beats out everything, bitches!

I started this thread, I am right, and I win the god damn internet.

[Image: grumpy-cat-meme%2B(1).png]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post