Worst case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Worst case
If (just if) after you die, you really find out that there is a god which approves and commits mass murders, rapes, slavery... which is a complete devil in a normal person's view, what will you do?
ps: Assume here that god does excist (put your arguments aside on this aspect) and so far our deduction of god is completely unethical is correct (which is quite certain)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bustead's post
29-06-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: Worst case
If it turns out there really is a god, and he's a dick, I'm pretty certain we'd all just be fucked. But I'm not too worried. Cool

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
29-06-2013, 09:07 AM
IDK what I'd tbh. But I'll tell you this much: an afterlife in a city of perfection seems boring to me.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes DementedPagan's post
29-06-2013, 09:15 AM
(29-06-2013 07:21 AM)bustead Wrote:  If (just if) after you die, you really find out that there is a god which approves and commits mass murders, rapes, slavery... which is a complete devil in a normal person's view, what will you do?
ps: Assume here that god does excist (put your arguments aside on this aspect) and so far our deduction of god is completely unethical is correct (which is quite certain)

What would I do under this hypothetical? Probably suffer heinous torture etc, that's what. The typical depictions don't really give someone much agency in that sort of situation, you know?

But IF I got a moment of judgement before Him personally, at least it'd be the chance to give Him the finger.

... yeah, okay, probably a dumb move, but I get kinda stupid when principles are involved.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
29-06-2013, 09:37 AM
I'd tell him he sucks donkey balls and he's probably the worst thing to ever happen. Oh yeah. I went there. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
29-06-2013, 10:49 AM
We talking about the Gawd of the bible?

I'd just build some iron chariots, pow!! He can't seem to beat that for some reason.
[+] 3 users Like xieulong's post
29-06-2013, 11:23 AM
(29-06-2013 09:37 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'd tell him he sucks donkey balls and he's probably the worst thing to ever happen.

My thoughts exactly, including the "donkey balls".

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
29-06-2013, 12:42 PM
(29-06-2013 10:49 AM)xieulong Wrote:  We talking about the Gawd of the bible?

I'd just build some iron chariots, pow!! He can't seem to beat that for some reason.

Wait... iron...

If he's powerless against it, if I remember my folk tales, that means God's a fairy. Rush at him with cold iron - sword, nails, a good old fashioned muscle car - and you win?

My little rambling blog. (More topical than this one, at least.)
29-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Tell him that he is a colossal dickfart.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
29-06-2013, 01:42 PM
(29-06-2013 07:21 AM)bustead Wrote:  If (just if) after you die, you really find out that there is a god which approves and commits mass murders, rapes, slavery... which is a complete devil in a normal person's view, what will you do?

Death is the limit of the artificial separation between self and environment.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user