Total 45 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Worst traits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Worst traits.
I demand "ignorance" be on the list.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-11-2013, 02:31 AM
Being lazy, lustful, prideful, envious…most of the things mentioned are fine at certain times. If I've got a girl in bed, yeah, I hope she's severely lustful. When I've accomplished something, yeah, I'm gonna be proud of it. When someone has something that I don't, I'm going to feel envy, and it's going to push me to reach that goal. I thought about intolerance until I realized that there are plenty of things we must not be tolerant of. Intolerance is by no means an inherently bad thing. Sometimes I'd rather lay in bed than do yard work or work out, and that's just fine.

So, I've gotta say that most of the options are just fine - even normal - for a decently-functioning society. So long as they are not used IRRESPONSIBLY, and so long as they do not cause or result in CALLOUS CRUELTY, there is no real issue.

To clarify: Hurting people is not ok. Being irresponsible with your actions is not ok, because it has great potential to result in bringing harm to others. Otherwise, do whatever the fuck you want.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
03-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Please add 'Being From New Zealand' to the list.

Yes

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-11-2013, 03:44 AM
The callus cruelty has got me concerned about any RL meetups.
I'm guessing 4 theists have voted. Only bible inspired morals could bring you to that.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
03-11-2013, 03:45 PM
(03-11-2013 02:31 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Being lazy, lustful, prideful, envious…most of the things mentioned are fine at certain times. If I've got a girl in bed, yeah, I hope she's severely lustful. When I've accomplished something, yeah, I'm gonna be proud of it. When someone has something that I don't, I'm going to feel envy, and it's going to push me to reach that goal. I thought about intolerance until I realized that there are plenty of things we must not be tolerant of. Intolerance is by no means an inherently bad thing. Sometimes I'd rather lay in bed than do yard work or work out, and that's just fine.

So, I've gotta say that most of the options are just fine - even normal - for a decently-functioning society. So long as they are not used IRRESPONSIBLY, and so long as they do not cause or result in CALLOUS CRUELTY, there is no real issue.

To clarify: Hurting people is not ok. Being irresponsible with your actions is not ok, because it has great potential to result in bringing harm to others. Otherwise, do whatever the fuck you want.
You make some good points IMO.
What you say really raises the issue of non dualistic thinking.
In order to label a trait bad, that trait is necessary to understand the good.Tongue
Yes, excessiveness and extreme behaviour needs to be worked on wholistically.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Arrogance