Worst typos you've ever seen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 10:09 PM
RE: Worst typos you've ever seen
I just saw "allude" used instead of "elude", which was the word they actually wanted. No one alludes the police.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-02-2017, 10:11 PM
(13-02-2017 10:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I lived in a small town of about 2000 in California and on the back of the local newspaper was an advertisement for "T-Shits......small, medium and large." The whole town laughed about it for weeks.

I took a healthy T-shit earlier today.......

Musta been all those bran muffins I had for breakfast.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Worst I've ever seen involve my name, but I won't be divulging that. But, just for the sake of argument, let's say my name was David So What. I've had mail addressed to What DavidSo, based on that. When I worked as a mechanic, the uniforms came out labeled as David WoWshots. Nearest I can figure on that one is the person making the order is listening to the person taking the order repeating the letters, and correcting them as they go, kind of like an echo. Facepalm

My last name is two words. It took me 40+ years to get that corrected (put in the space) on my driver's license. The California DMV uses software that requires some sort of special character between the words to make the space. How hard can that be to understand? But there are people who don't know what that special character is. (Pro tip- it's a backslash!). We have people here in California who have 2, 3 and 4 word last names; sometimes the DMV figures it out. Sometimes they don't, and ONE of my three sons gets summoned for jury twice as often, since they can't figure it out- they summon him as XXX So What AND as XXX What. Pff.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-02-2017, 10:43 PM
(13-02-2017 10:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 10:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I lived in a small town of about 2000 in California and on the back of the local newspaper was an advertisement for "T-Shits......small, medium and large." The whole town laughed about it for weeks.

I took a healthy T-shit earlier today.......

Musta been all those bran muffins I had for breakfast.....

It's the serifs that hurt the most, in my experience. At least they scrape off the most inflamed hemorrhoids. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-02-2017, 10:47 PM
(13-02-2017 10:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Worst I've ever seen involve my name, but I won't be divulging that. But, just for the sake of argument, let's say my name was David So What. I've had mail addressed to What DavidSo, based on that. When I worked as a mechanic, the uniforms came out labeled as David WoWshots. Nearest I can figure on that one is the person making the order is listening to the person taking the order repeating the letters, and correcting them as they go, kind of like an echo. Facepalm

My last name is two words. It took me 40+ years to get that corrected (put in the space) on my driver's license. The California DMV uses software that requires some sort of special character between the words to make the space. How hard can that be to understand? But there are people who don't know what that special character is. (Pro tip- it's a backslash!). We have people here in California who have 2, 3 and 4 word last names; sometimes the DMV figures it out. Sometimes they don't, and ONE of my three sons gets summoned for jury twice as often, since they can't figure it out- they summon him as XXX So What AND as XXX What. Pff.

I used to work for a ready mix concrete company. The all-around mechanic and fix it guy had the name 'Earnest' on his uniform shirts. I know that some people use alternate spellings of names. I finally had to ask him...it WAS spelled incorrectly...his name was Ernest. For whatever reason, he just let it slide and wore shirts every day with the wrong name.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-02-2017, 11:09 PM
(13-02-2017 09:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 09:07 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I've worked in the newspaper/magazine/publishing industry for nearly three decades and I've seen some doozies, but my favorite of all time was a photo caption for a play about too hobos on a train. It said something like, "Just a couple of cum bums." It should have read "crumbums."

Will...are you high or am I?

Tongue

My favorite will always be an ad in the small town newspaper where I grew up. There was a five and dime store that ran a full page ad every week. One week the item that caught my eye was "Men's knit shits - $9.99". I laughed till I cried.

I sure wish I had kept that but I think my mother did after I showed it to her.

I know, the autocorrect on my iPad made like four errors on that post and I didn't catch them all.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2017, 11:09 PM
An accounting firm where I used to work had "Certified Pubic Accountants" on their letterhead once. Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 7 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
13-02-2017, 11:14 PM
(13-02-2017 10:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just saw "allude" used instead of "elude", which was the word they actually wanted. No one alludes the police.

A kid in a local preschool alluded to the cops once. The teacher was asking "what sound a pig makes" and he stood up and yelled "hands in the air, motherfucker!"

Apparently they don't have many farms in Detroit. Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
13-02-2017, 11:19 PM
(13-02-2017 11:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 10:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just saw "allude" used instead of "elude", which was the word they actually wanted. No one alludes the police.

A kid in a local preschool alluded to the cops once. The teacher was asking "what sound a pig makes" and he stood up and yelled "hands in the air, motherfucker!"

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-02-2017, 11:21 PM
(13-02-2017 11:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 11:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  A kid in a local preschool alluded to the cops once. The teacher was asking "what sound a pig makes" and he stood up and yelled "hands in the air, motherfucker!"

Laugh out load

Catchy tune Thumbsup Laugh out load

-Rowan Atkinson