Worthy Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
26-03-2012, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 05:09 AM by DeepThought.)
RE: Worthy Christian Forums
(26-03-2012 05:01 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Also, on a side note, I don't live in America, nor am I married or have kids so maybe someone who is can offer an opinion. If you get divorced you wouldn't let your kids end up on the street would you? There surely isn't any way that could happen?
Only if the parents are irresponsible jerks. Yeah, parents splitting up sucks for the kids but one of the parents normally becomes the primary caretaker. If the parents are psychologically stable as in most cases the child gets to decide who they stay with.

I suppose it depends on the circumstances of the parent. Things might be different in America though since there is nothing to fall back on there. No government social support network for kids (or is there?) so if your screwed you are screwed.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2012, 05:08 AM
(26-03-2012 05:05 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Only if the parents are irresponsible jerks. Yeah, parents splitting up sucks for the kids but one of the parents normally becomes the primary caretaker. If the parents are psychologically stable as in most cases the child gets to decide who they stay with.

I suppose it depends on the circumstances of the parent.
Thought so. I guess it really demonstrates the paranoia that Christians have regarding homosexuality that they would even consider replying with something like that.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
26-03-2012, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 07:44 AM by robotworld.)
I'm going in as an old, mad pastor which has big plans for a new world order. Let's see how long it takes for them to ban me.

Meet Pastor Fawkes Joules, a play on the word "Fuck YOU". He is an old pastor who uses mathematics to prove that everyone is going to heaven, regardless of sin. Maths, nonsensical mathematics that somehow makes sense.

Edit: I'm now CroatianChristian... the admin deemed that my name sounds like a cuss word. Damn

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 3 users Like robotworld's post
26-03-2012, 08:00 AM
(26-03-2012 05:43 AM)robotworld Wrote:  I'm going in as an old, mad pastor which has big plans for a new world order. Let's see how long it takes for them to ban me.

Meet Pastor Fawkes Joules, a play on the word "Fuck YOU". He is an old pastor who uses mathematics to prove that everyone is going to heaven, regardless of sin. Maths, nonsensical mathematics that somehow makes sense.

Edit: I'm now CroatianChristian... the admin deemed that my name sounds like a cuss word. Damn
Let us know when your intro post is up. I wanna see what reaction you get Big Grin.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
26-03-2012, 09:18 AM
(26-03-2012 05:43 AM)robotworld Wrote:  Edit: I'm now CroatianChristian... the admin deemed that my name sounds like a cuss word. Damn
Hohoho Big Grin Admin not so dumb. I think you're blown already Tongue
26-03-2012, 09:35 AM
(25-03-2012 09:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I seriously can't do this forum anymore.

It's going to make me really, really dislike Christians.
[Image: RVa0e.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
26-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I made a questions thread, similar to KC's 'Ask A Theist' thread and Erx has just asked me if it's true atheists eat babies.

Been laughing for like 5mins Big Grin !

Best
Worst
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
26-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Have you seen that "Monarchy" guy? He's from Baton Rouge and seems slightly rational. Plus, Monarchy and King are so similar, I'm pretty sure it's KC's dad.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
26-03-2012, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 10:17 AM by Hughsie.)
(26-03-2012 09:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Have you seen that "Monarchy" guy? He's from Baton Rouge and seems slightly rational. Plus, Monarchy and King are so similar, I'm pretty sure it's KC's dad.
Haha yeah I'd noticed that.

Is anyone else surprised by their approach to Biblical contradictions? I expected the total denial that I'm getting but I didn't expect that while denying any of the contradictions were valid they would also claim that the contradictions prove historical accuracy! (Yes these are the same contradictions that aren't there).

Apparently if you have several identical accounts it would suggest that the stories were made up an rehearsed. This means that inconsistent accounts mean the events are genuine. Even though the inconsistencies don't exist, you really can't make this shit up Big Grin.
Also had an answer as to why the OT condemning homosexuality is different to the OT condemning shellfish.

Apparently the laws in the Bible come under three categories, civil, ceremonial and moral. Ceremonial ones are rules for the temples that existed, they no longer count because the temples aren't there any more so we can exclude them. This leaves moral and civil laws. Civil laws were only meant to apply under the specific civil administration they were given to whereas moral laws were meant to apply for ever. Shellfish was a civil law and homosexuality was a moral law. That's why they only listen to one.

This sounds totally ludicrous to me as surely moral laws dictate civil laws, they are practically the same think unless I am misunderstanding things. I also don't know why God would suddenly decide his people cannot eat shellfish for a short period of time for no fucking reason.

Any thoughts?
(26-03-2012 09:41 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I made a questions thread, similar to KC's 'Ask A Theist' thread and Erx has just asked me if it's true atheists eat babies.

Been laughing for like 5mins Big Grin !
Unlucky Erxomai, your post and my reply have been deleted Sad.

Strangely the person who did it has requested us to remain civil as requested in the OP or risk the closure of the thread. I find that a little weird as they deleted my post even though it was me who requested civility in the OP Huh .

Best
Worst
26-03-2012, 10:22 AM
(26-03-2012 09:59 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Also had an answer as to why the OT condemning homosexuality is different to the OT condemning shellfish.

Apparently the laws in the Bible come under three categories, civil, ceremonial and moral. Ceremonial ones are rules for the temples that existed, they no longer count because the temples aren't there any more so we can exclude them. This leaves moral and civil laws. Civil laws were only meant to apply under the specific civil administration they were given to whereas moral laws were meant to apply for ever. Shellfish was a civil law and homosexuality was a moral law. That's why they only listen to one.
If the temple's obsolete why are they so proud of having modelled their little piece of heaven off it? Y'know with the outer and inner courts and all...