Worthy Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
27-03-2012, 07:01 AM
RE: Worthy Christian Forums
I think what pissed me off the most is that I was so polite and reasonable it was untrue. I was completely honest in everything I wrote yet I got kicked out.

Makes me wonder what the point of behaving so well is if it leads them to think I was trolling.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
27-03-2012, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 07:20 AM by DeepThought.)
Places like that make me loose my cool!
Just reading what you were going through over there was more than I could handle. It's still to closely tied to my past. Well done guys - for lasting as long as you did!

Might be a good idea to open a forum that search engines don't have access to or to restrict search engine access to an existing forum. Or the thread could be posted in the management team forum and moved out here once it's over.

I think the search engines worked against us in this instance.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
27-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Don't block off access is my two cents. Let them ban/censor/delete. It is the only way they can control the sheep. While we welcome any and all opinions their true nature is once again confirmed. Any visitor from their site should feel welcome to sign up here and to participate in our forums. Sure we disagree but we won't ban you for your beliefs (no matter how wrong....).
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
27-03-2012, 07:31 AM
I think Hughsie did a great job of fielding questions, and it was a good debate. I hope some of the people over there understand us a little better for it.

I also hope that maybe some come over here for a similar debate. It would be nice if they understood that we are just people and that we have our reasons for not believing. And that most certainly we qualify as "good people" who care about others.

They also don't understand how many closet atheists there are, and that it is quite likely they know one or two in their own lives.

Since the states are likely just a few steps behind Europe, seeing how the younger generation is increasingly atheist, I think they would do well to try to understand what it's really about.

In Europe believers and nonbelievers live happily together. I sure hope that will be possible here too.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-03-2012, 07:33 AM
I guess we got IP banned. I don't even have access to the log out page.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-03-2012, 07:34 AM
XD

I knew this was coming.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-03-2012, 07:40 AM
(27-03-2012 07:14 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Places like that make me loose my cool!
Just reading what you were going through over there was more than I could handle. It's still to closely tied to my past. Well done guys - for lasting as long as you did!

Might be a good idea to open a forum that search engines don't have access to or to restrict search engine access to an existing forum. Or the thread could be posted in the management team forum and moved out here once it's over.

I think the search engines worked against us in this instance.
It's a difficult one.

I don't think I could be favour of a members only section simply because I think many people sign up after reading some of our quite excellent debates. If we have a members only section then inevitably many of the debates will be inaccessible to guests.

The only problem with posting in the FMT section (which I did consider with WCF) is that none of our regular members can contribute and I feel that the WCF thread has proven the value of allowing people to both contribute and learn from such topics.

Maybe the best idea is to restrict search engine access to certain sections (or threads if it's possible) in future. I can't imagine many people come here from search engines, plus they'd still be able to find the TTA site itself.

To be honest though my unceremonious banning has left a bitter after taste for me. I've kinda lost my appetite for another such venture for the time being. I was honest when I told them that I was looking to hear the other side of the debate and expand my knowledge though, and I did learn a lot about Christian opinions on life whilst there (I just didn't agree with much of it Big Grin) so I may sign up to somewhere else at some point in the future and I would probably create another thread about it so I can share the experience with everyone.

What does anyone think?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
27-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Argh, Googling "Fawkes Joules" leads to this thread... really sorry... No

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
27-03-2012, 07:45 AM
(27-03-2012 07:41 AM)robotworld Wrote:  Argh, Googling "Fawkes Joules" leads to this thread... really sorry... No
It wasn't you who got us found out, it was me.

I called this thread Worthy Christian Forums. Because it's become so popular it's now like third on the list when you search Worthy Christian Forums on Google. Considering that's how most of them will access the site we were always living on borrowed time.

Definitely my fault, not yours.

Best
Worst
27-03-2012, 07:47 AM
(27-03-2012 07:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  XD

I knew this was coming.

Did you get banned? If not you should start a thread expressing our disappointment in their moderators and invite them over here for debate. And make it very clear that none of them would be banned here for being Christian and they would have access to every section of the forum.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post