Worthy Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
27-03-2012, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 09:55 PM by DeepThought.)
RE: Worthy Christian Forums
Quote: "One other thing... about entering Christian forums. You really have to understand how we think. We value modesty, integrity, honesty, gracious words." - ~candice~
Translation: We value putting on a mask and hiding behind it. We value brown nosing under the guise of 'modesty' and 'gracious words' especially when directed at a "Worthy Christian" moderator.

You guys really have the whole 'rank' thing down don't you. One thing I noticed about churches was the clearly defined ranking system. Like the military.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DeepThought's post
27-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Modesty doesn't exactly coincide with forum name.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
27-03-2012, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 12:25 AM by DeepThought.)
nebula Wrote:Hughsie, when you come back to read this - I appreciate your invite, but the only reason I would have to join your board is to attempt to defend this one . . . and I suspect I'd end up no better than this guy.
As an assistant to the mods, I can only provide second-hand information.

To anyone else reading this:

When you have guys over there talking about: "I am going to open a thread reviewing them, and intend to do this for every Christian site I can find," and "I think I can help with a script that will automatically backup/synchronise certain target threads to this server at regular time intervals. That way if they go swinging the ban-hammer I can keep a snapshot of the thread content for everyone. It can be made public once it's over," what are we supposed to think of the intentions of the people on your board?

When you guys keep cussing us out and judging our behavior, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?

When you mock us for what the founder decided to name the website, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?

When you criticize and complain about how our board is managed, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?

No, I wouldn't feel safe on your message board at all.
"When you guys keep cussing us out and judging our behavior, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?"

Intentions like creating a level playing field where ideas can be discussed without segregation and censorship. How evil is that! Shocking Evil_monster

"When you mock us for what the founder decided to name the website, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?"

C'mon, you gotta admit it is a silly name. My intention at the time was to speak my mind, my thoughts on the forum name and the behaviour of it's members. Why? was there another evil motive that I wasn't aware of? Evil_monster Evil_monster

"When you criticize and complain about how our board is managed, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?"

Repeat yourself much? I answered this... F I G H T I N G _ _ C E N S O R S H I P ! ! ! (and bigotry/segregation)
So evil! Oh so evil... I think my other selves want to come out and play...
Evil_monster Evil_monster Evil_monster Evil_monster Evil_monster

"No, I wouldn't feel safe on your message board at all."

Why wouldn't you feel safe? Is it because you wouldn't be able to hide behind censorship? Would there be a need to backup the content if you didn't have over zealous moderators deleting it and/or blocking public access? Think about the kind of environment you are creating. Think about what you have in common with the Chinese Government.

It's ridiculous that there is even a need to backup the generated content. It's like trying to rewrite history because you don't like how it happened.

EDIT: We are now the number 2 search result in Google (depending on country) Big Grin
In celebration I leave you all with another fine quote from "Worthy Christian Forums":
BoldBeliever: Evil_monster "Magog is tightening the siege." Evil_monster (Demons added for extra effect)

[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
28-03-2012, 01:54 AM
(27-03-2012 11:56 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  BoldBeliever: Evil_monster "Magog is tightening the siege." Evil_monster (Demons added for extra effect)
I'll go get my siege pants then Big Grin Gotta do this right.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-03-2012, 03:10 AM
(27-03-2012 11:56 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  EDIT: We are now the number 2 search result in Google (depending on country) Big Grin
In celebration I leave you all with another fine quote from "Worthy Christian Forums":
BoldBeliever: Evil_monster "Magog is tightening the siege." Evil_monster (Demons added for extra effect)

4 on google.ie, but still bloody impressive.

I would like to add something to this whole thing. I read the thread on their forum and I don't think they're completely wrong. We were being pretty childish, and I was quoting random things from the site (which to be honest, even in context would've sounded hateful and bigoted).

But I do think that some ideas are worthy of ridicule. Some opinions should be mocked. We shouldn't extend our tolerance and open-mindedness to intolerance and bigotry. And that site was full of bigotry towards LGBTs, towards women, towards atheists (there is a thread there that basically calls us all liars and whiners). I can provide links for all these claims. There are threads where they twist science to suit their views. Their posts are obnoxious and condescending. I know they read this and I am saying this in hopes that they do.

No, your ideas don't deserve respect. They don't deserve to be free from mockery. You do have every right to ban us, and I can't say trolling you was exactly mature on our part. But get this: Your beliefs are outdated and ignorant, and belong in the dark ages along with witch-burning and slavery.

Sorry for the less-than-chilled rant. I am still not over that anti-feminist thread.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
28-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Think everyone's getting way too tense Tongue Yes, a bit of trolling is childish but it was pretty much innocent fun. No need to act like we killed your dog or something. OTOH this whole business of taking snapshots of threads and all is getting way too obsessive IMO. I honestly don't *give* a damn what gets said at these sites. It's frikken bytes. Typing. More or less uninformed opinions. Nothing that deserves to be preserved for posterity.
28-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Nebula,

I think you are misunderstanding the motivations behind the review idea. It is not some way of attacking Christianity. Several of our members (me included as I have already stated) have an interest in joining theist forums to try and hear a more diverse set of opinions. Any reviews will simply serve to help those members find a site that suits them.

The reason we feel the need to be so deceptive is the readiness with which we were banned from WCF. If it is the case that the only way we can assess a forum is to be deceptive then that is not a situation of our making. We would welcome someone to review us, we would even accept it if someone deceived us in order to review us. We would not delete their posts and they would be welcome to stay afterwards (I'm not the admin but I'm sure Lucradis will back me up on this). I feel it's a shame that other places don't have such an approach.

The fact that we need to take snapshots of threads in case they are deleted is shocking to me. We would never censor anyone over here and we would certainly not delete our own posts, if we truly believe in our convictions then the reason that we share an opinion is irrelevant, all that matters is the opinion itself. Again, I think it's a shame we are alone in thinking this way Sad.

A quick update for TTA;

I have to admit I was overly quick to criticise George for which I apologise to him. I said he had ignored my email but he had passed it onto ~candice~ (a WCF mod) who was also gracious enough to send a very reasonable reply to my email. I thank them both for that.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-03-2012, 05:56 AM
(28-03-2012 04:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  Think everyone's getting way too tense Tongue Yes, a bit of trolling is childish but it was pretty much innocent fun. No need to act like we killed your dog or something. OTOH this whole business of taking snapshots of threads and all is getting way too obsessive IMO. I honestly don't *give* a damn what gets said at these sites. It's frikken bytes. Typing. More or less uninformed opinions. Nothing that deserves to be preserved for posterity.
Personally I don't care much what they do with their own stuff. (I do but it starts getting more personal when I or people I care about are involved.)

If I put my time and effort into interacting with them and it gets erased from history I have a problem with that. It's not just bytes. It's thoughts, and peoples collective time and effort. Especially if it's people who's thoughts I care about.

Whole interactions of many people erased without a trace over what? It's like they are running scared.. If all else fails pretend it never happened!

It seems these Christians don't seem to give a second thought to pruning threads which many of their own members participated in. If it was me as a Christian member whose posts got deleted by pruning the thread I'd be pissed off. It's a very different attitude to the way things are done here. It seems almost like a crime to me.

Totally goes against the golden rule.

[+] 4 users Like DeepThought's post
28-03-2012, 06:18 AM
(28-03-2012 05:56 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  It seems these Christians don't seem to give a second thought to pruning threads which many of their own members participated in. If it was me as a Christian member whose posts got deleted by pruning the thread I'd be pissed off. It's a very different attitude to the way things are done here. It seems almost like a crime to me.
Yeah... Just... I don't know. Seems like a lot of work to do to preserve the words of the saints Wink But if you do go ahead and do it, more power to your elbow Smile
28-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Winsomebulldog,

Thank you for your faith (pardon the pun Big Grin). I'm glad at least one person on WCF feels that I wasn't there to mock or deride Smile.

One thing I have to point out though is that as a non-believer I couldn't even read many of the sections. Most were viewable but just stopped me posting though there were a few that simply disappeared from view. I did find it most odd that I actually had to log out to view certain sections. I can't remember exactly which ones but looking at the site now there are significantly more sections on show than when I was signed in.

Would like to take this opportunity to say that I thought you were one of the most fair minded members of WCF. You were the person who intervened when I had a disagreement with a Christian (can't remember who) and I remember being pleasantly surprised by how fair you were Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.