Worthy Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
28-03-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: Worthy Christian Forums
The sheer amount of "we really need to examine ourselves and make sure we're acting as Christ would have us act!" is overwhelming. Yet none of them actually take any of it to heart. It's like an echo chamber where everyone is talking at the same time, saying the same thing to each other. But the thing is, that is not actual advice, it doesn't mean anything- it just sounds like godly advice.

There are a few questions in the vein of "Yeah, why are people separated from the get?"

Not done reading through yet, but this type of echo chamber and the god-speak brings back many memories.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
28-03-2012, 12:59 PM
(28-03-2012 12:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thanks, kineo.

Just read through the thread.

Basically they ignored everything I said.

Typical.

Yep. Typical.
Just like every Christian does.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-03-2012, 01:01 PM
(28-03-2012 12:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 12:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thanks, kineo.

Just read through the thread.

Basically they ignored everything I said.

Typical.

Yep. Typical.
Just like every Christian does.
Huh? What?

I didn't read what you said.

Probably not important, though.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
28-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I haven't gotten to page 6 yet, but this is my favorite quote from that thread so far!

Quote:Has anyone seen the Freedom From Religion commercials on TV? Saw my first one last night. Magog is tightening the siege.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-03-2012, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 02:11 PM by kineo.)
(28-03-2012 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I haven't gotten to page 6 yet, but this is my favorite quote from that thread so far!

Quote:Has anyone seen the Freedom From Religion commercials on TV? Saw my first one last night. Magog is tightening the siege.

Haha, yeah- that's a good one. Big Grin

I read this post and let me tell you, it's as clear as mud:

gdemoss Wrote:As long as Christians continue believing that they cannot stop sinning or be like Jesus Christ, they will live out their faith and others will continue to see the infighting and debate, using it as an excuse to not believe. The end times church (us) has been label by God himself in his word to be just as others accuse us of being many times.

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

God woke me up one day and told me that I was headed in this direction and needed to repent.

In the church, the bible teaches that we will have dogs who lick up their own vomit, pigs who go back and wallow in the mud, the concision, evil workers etc. We are warned that the quickest place we will be betrayed is when we break bread together as Judas betrayed our Lord. As the Corinthian church was told that there must be heresies among them that they that are approved should show. Not to mention that their are tares growing up with the wheat.

And knowing all of this, we are to love one another as Jesus loved us. Laying down our lives for one another. We are to be leaders and not rulers like the unbelieving gentiles. But we must be careful and walk circumspectly as our perils will be rejected and the swine will turn and rend us.

We must though much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God but it is each of our choice what role we play in the church. In a great house there are vessels unto honor and unto dishonor. God the Father is the potter. Let us pray that each of us is molded in Jesus image rather than a counterfeit.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Seriously this post is full of god-speak like no other. We have:received message from God personally; current church is the end times church (every generation says this and have been since year 1); Bible prophecy with a description of the times vague enough that it can be interpreted to point to any point in history; paranoia; persection/tribulation. All of these words and there really is zero contribution of content in this post- even knowing and understanding what the guy is saying.

Gary- wtf are you saying man? It's the end times and Christians can expect to suffer? Even IF that were true, what is the relevance to the discussion?

This isn't meant to mock- but to highlight really how this language sounds holy but says nothing of value.
28-03-2012, 05:07 PM
(28-03-2012 02:06 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I haven't gotten to page 6 yet, but this is my favorite quote from that thread so far!

Haha, yeah- that's a good one. Big Grin

I read this post and let me tell you, it's as clear as mud:

gdemoss Wrote:As long as Christians continue believing that they cannot stop sinning or be like Jesus Christ, they will live out their faith and others will continue to see the infighting and debate, using it as an excuse to not believe. The end times church (us) has been label by God himself in his word to be just as others accuse us of being many times.

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

God woke me up one day and told me that I was headed in this direction and needed to repent.

In the church, the bible teaches that we will have dogs who lick up their own vomit, pigs who go back and wallow in the mud, the concision, evil workers etc. We are warned that the quickest place we will be betrayed is when we break bread together as Judas betrayed our Lord. As the Corinthian church was told that there must be heresies among them that they that are approved should show. Not to mention that their are tares growing up with the wheat.

And knowing all of this, we are to love one another as Jesus loved us. Laying down our lives for one another. We are to be leaders and not rulers like the unbelieving gentiles. But we must be careful and walk circumspectly as our perils will be rejected and the swine will turn and rend us.

We must though much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God but it is each of our choice what role we play in the church. In a great house there are vessels unto honor and unto dishonor. God the Father is the potter. Let us pray that each of us is molded in Jesus image rather than a counterfeit.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Seriously this post is full of god-speak like no other. We have:received message from God personally; current church is the end times church (every generation says this and have been since year 1); Bible prophecy with a description of the times vague enough that it can be interpreted to point to any point in history; paranoia; persection/tribulation. All of these words and there really is zero contribution of content in this post- even knowing and understanding what the guy is saying.

Gary- wtf are you saying man? It's the end times and Christians can expect to suffer? Even IF that were true, what is the relevance to the discussion?

This isn't meant to mock- but to highlight really how this language sounds holy but says nothing of value.
Hi, thought I'd drop in to see how atheist who are not limited by moderation of our forum think of what they see when they read what we write. It was nice to come and actually see someone quoting me and critiquing what I said. I decided to sign up for an account when I saw that I was addressed with the question "what are you saying?"

I wouldn't expect you to find anything of value in what I was saying to other believers. What we believe makes no sense to someone who doesn't believe. We live in a world where there are countless different groups of people who claim to believe the bible but in truth only believe some subjective personal interpretation of the text instead of an objective acceptance of what is taught followed by a genuine response of conformity to it.

I especially loved your comment about god-speak, which was followed by your reaction to what I wrote. Of course I seem to be like a long history of people who believed they were living in the 'last days' as this is what is taught in scripture, albeit there is no way to know exactly when the end of this age will come. It is true that since the very beginning of Christianity every generation thought that they would probably be last and each of them successively passed away without being the last. I understand how absurd it appears. I don't blame you for thinking that a guy is whacked out who looks at all those generations who thought they were and were not, and then gets in line to be the next one who thinks that it will be them.

We Have: Received message from God personally. While I understand how it may appear that I was saying God spoke to me personally on the issue, I merely meant that it was something I came to understand while reading the bible. It is how God 'speaks' to me. God has never showed up on my doorstep to sip coffee man.

Zero contribution of content: So your saying that you saw nothing of value in it? I wouldn't expect an atheist too. Since the beginning of Christianity not much has changed. Those who actually believe and follow the bible almost have more to worry about inside of the church than they do outside of the church. Atheists and others mainly think true believers are nuts and don't bother us much but those who hold to a false view of Christianity despise true believers and seek to rid themselves of them in any manner they can, especially in the name of religion.

Let me write in in plain English instead of the god-speak, so to speak.

There was a desire from some at this forum to debate over at worthy. Things went bad and people were banned from the forum, which is expected. I came to find a thread on the subject and thought it best to clarify using the bible. What I was saying was simply that many profess to believe but don't act like it. Instead they resemble what Paul told Timothy the ever illusive 'last days church' would be like. I brought out other things from the bible that show that even from the start these problems were present. And things have not changed. If the bible is true then anyone who actually believes and follows it will be hated by those who don't as well as those who say they do but twist what it says to their own personal liking. I believe that my warning to them was pertinent to the conversation at hand. Maybe you don't. OK.

I would be glad to dialog on the subject with you but I don't expect you to have a desire to.

Gary
[+] 5 users Like gdemoss's post
28-03-2012, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 05:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
Quote:EDIT: We are now the number 2 search result in Google (depending on country) Big Grin
In celebration I leave you all with another fine quote from "Worthy Christian Forums":
BoldBeliever: Evil_monster "Magog is tightening the siege." Evil_monster (Demons added for extra effect)

Well, that was a hell of a lot more fun than our "fried rice" experiment. Big Grin

Quote:Why is that? Because they challenged me. And, I faced that challenge. I don't hide from it and whine about it like you guys do.

You do remind me of Jake Lamotta. You lead with your face but got one hell of a chin. Wink

(28-03-2012 11:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 11:08 AM)kineo Wrote:  Once again, the hand is extended to those who want to continue in fair discussion. But just be aware, we are a rowdy bunch.
Satanic mass this evening - eats afterwards. Bring your own Baby Hobo

I've got a new batch of Mumbo Sauce I want to share.

Quote:Things went bad and people were banned from the forum, which is expected. ... I would be glad to dialog on the subject with you but I don't expect you to have a desire to.

Gary

Start a thread and see, you might be surprised. One thing for certain is you're not gonna get banned just because "things went bad" because it most certainly is not what is expected around here.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forum Gary!

Nice to see that at least one member of Worthy felt like they could come here and actually discuss the issue.
Also glad to see you clarify your statement in layman's terms.

Just so we're clear no one hates you guys. At least I'm sure that none of the members from here that actually went to worthy hate you guys.

One of the main reasons for heading over there was to see things from the inside. With the massive amount of restrictions placed on atheists that becomes rather difficult. No one was trying to declare war.
Some of us got a little silly, but people are all different. No one actually intended any harm. The worst that came over there was definitely the silly mathematician.

No malice was ever intended.

Yes we spoke about our experience there over here, but that was the whole point. To share our experience. While our language might be distasteful to some of your members if not all, it doesn't diminish the content of our posts. There or here.
Our member Erxomai was actually a preacher. No lie. Hughsie is actually an atheist. I never actually stated one way or the other, though I did avoid revealing myself for the reasons I've previously provided.

Anyways I'm over it. Glad to see you willing to partake in our forum. We have rules, but they are few and far between. Keep that in mind as it works two ways. You can say what you want minus threats (not that I expect any) but so can our other members.

Also if you peruse the rest of the forum you might find other topics to interest you, ones that aren't even related to atheism or theism.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I know I've already PM'd you (was way more on the ball than Lucradis Big Grin) but I'd like to publicly welcome you as well.

I for one always like to see theists sign up. If the places was purely occupied by atheists it would get pretty dull pretty quickly. It's also hard to learn from people who have very similar views to yourself. It may sound crazy but our theist members are absolutely vital to TTA forums.

So welcome to TTA, I hope you have an enjoyable time here Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
28-03-2012, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 05:44 PM by gdemoss.)
(28-03-2012 05:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Gary!

Nice to see that at least one member of Worthy felt like they could come here and actually discuss the issue.
Also glad to see you clarify your statement in layman's terms.

Just so we're clear no one hates you guys. At least I'm sure that none of the members from here that actually went to worthy hate you guys.

One of the main reasons for heading over there was to see things from the inside. With the massive amount of restrictions placed on atheists that becomes rather difficult. No one was trying to declare war.
Some of us got a little silly, but people are all different. No one actually intended any harm. The worst that came over there was definitely the silly mathematician.

No malice was ever intended.

Yes we spoke about our experience there over here, but that was the whole point. To share our experience. While our language might be distasteful to some of your members if not all, it doesn't diminish the content of our posts. There or here.
Our member Erxomai was actually a preacher. No lie. Hughsie is actually an atheist. I never actually stated one way or the other, though I did avoid revealing myself for the reasons I've previously provided.

Anyways I'm over it. Glad to see you willing to partake in our forum. We have rules, but they are few and far between. Keep that in mind as it works two ways. You can say what you want minus threats (not that I expect any) but so can our other members.

Also if you peruse the rest of the forum you might find other topics to interest you, ones that aren't even related to atheism or theism.
Thanks for the welcome. To clarify how I use a word like 'hate', I only mean to show lack of preference for. It is a biblical habit to see the word that way. In our day and age 'hate' carries more the weight of malice or something similar. In biblical terms it basically carries the weight of choosing one over another. To say you hate Worthy but love TTA is to simply say you choose TTA. It is difficult for me at times to speak both modern English with people who 'live' in today's world when I tend to think in terms of what words meant 400 years ago when the bible I use was printed. A language changes rather quickly over time. One generation barely understands the next half the time. And I have spent an enormous amount of time learning and understanding English words as used in the early 1800's. So if I seem off to you at times, please ask me to clarify my position.

Gary

(28-03-2012 05:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I know I've already PM'd you (was way more on the ball than Lucradis Big Grin) but I'd like to publicly welcome you as well.

I for one always like to see theists sign up. If the places was purely occupied by atheists it would get pretty dull pretty quickly. It's also hard to learn from people who have very similar views to yourself. It may sound crazy but our theist members are absolutely vital to TTA forums.

So welcome to TTA, I hope you have an enjoyable time here Smile.
Thanks for the open welcome. Hopefully you continue to feel that way Laughat

Gary
[+] 2 users Like gdemoss's post