Worthy Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
29-03-2012, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 03:24 PM by J0Belle.)
RE: Worthy Christian Forums
(29-03-2012 03:02 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 01:31 PM)J0Belle Wrote:  Are we sure they ARE Christians?

Look what one of their own said.

"

What can anyone expect?

Look how some of those here are allowed to treat Christians who disagree with them. I personally am frequently bullied here. If Worthy is an example of the way Christians act, I don't want to be one.

Fortunately , I have the Word to know this is NOT how Christians should act. "
Hi J0Belle, that's an interesting quote and I missed it. Can you link to it on the site? At least the page that it's on?
http://www.worthychristianforums.com/ind...ge__st__20

(29-03-2012 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 03:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just gonna add that the second thread through which we were conversing has now been closed.

I don't wanna judge, and I cannot say anything about their motives with certainty as I have no way of knowing their motives, I can only speculate, but it almost feels like they are trying to prevent any continued communication between the two forums Sad.
I'm really starting to despise that forum more and more.

ATTN: NONRETARDED WCF MEMBERS:

Come over to TTA, and engage in good, insightful, unrestricted, and meaningful dialogs.
I am from Worthy. When I joined there, I was a full fledged Christian. Now at best, I am agnostic. I believe in intelligent design, but see Christ as akin to mythology.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like J0Belle's post
29-03-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 03:29 PM by germanyt.)
(29-03-2012 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 03:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just gonna add that the second thread through which we were conversing has now been closed.

I don't wanna judge, and I cannot say anything about their motives with certainty as I have no way of knowing their motives, I can only speculate, but it almost feels like they are trying to prevent any continued communication between the two forums Sad.
I'm really starting to despise that forum more and more.

Come over to TTA, and engage in good, insightful, unrestricted, and meaningful dialogs.
I feel like you're overly upset about this. Do you need a hug?

(29-03-2012 03:19 PM)J0Belle Wrote:  I am from Worthy. When I joined there, I was a full fledged Christian. Now at best, I am agnostic. I believe in intelligent design, but see Christ as akin to mythology.
You are a deist. And it's a perfectly logical position to have. Since we don't know what happened before the big bang it's impossible to claim with certainty that a god doesn't exist. Philosophically speaking the universe had to have a beginning even prior to our universe so it's not crazy to speculate that an intelligence created it. But books written by goat herders 2000 years ago that strongly reflect the astronomical and geological knowledge (or lack thereof) of the time can't just be accepted as fact without very intensely scrutinizing it. That is what we tend to do. Follow the more scientific method of believing things.

And welcome to the forum.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
29-03-2012, 03:30 PM
(29-03-2012 03:24 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm really starting to despise that forum more and more.

From you... always Wink

Heart Censored Heart Censored Heart Shocking Blink

Drinking Beverage

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-03-2012, 03:32 PM
(29-03-2012 03:19 PM)J0Belle Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 03:02 PM)kineo Wrote:  Hi J0Belle, that's an interesting quote and I missed it. Can you link to it on the site? At least the page that it's on?
http://www.worthychristianforums.com/ind...ge__st__20

(29-03-2012 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm really starting to despise that forum more and more.

I am from Worthy. When I joined there, I was a full fledged Christian. Now at best, I am agnostic. I believe in intelligent design, but see Christ as akin to mythology.
hey welcome Smile Thanks for coming over Smile
29-03-2012, 03:33 PM
(29-03-2012 03:24 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

(29-03-2012 03:19 PM)J0Belle Wrote:  I am from Worthy. When I joined there, I was a full fledged Christian. Now at best, I am agnostic. I believe in intelligent design, but see Christ as akin to mythology.
You are a deist. And it's a perfectly logical position to have. Since we don't know what happened before the big bang it's impossible to claim with certainty that a god doesn't exist. Philosophically speaking the universe had to have a beginning even prior to our universe so it's not crazy to speculate that an intelligence created it. But books written by goat herders 2000 years ago that strongly reflect the astronomical and geological knowledge (or lack thereof) of the time can't just be accepted as fact without very intensely scrutinizing it. That is what we tend to do. Follow the more scientific method of believing things.

And welcome to the forum.
Sounds logical to me. Thank you for the welcome.
[+] 1 user Likes J0Belle's post
29-03-2012, 03:55 PM
(29-03-2012 03:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Heart Censored Heart Censored Heart Shocking Blink

Drinking Beverage

Typical Friday night when KC and Germany have their date night?

I don't know, just speculation... Sleepy
[+] 5 users Like kineo's post
29-03-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 04:58 PM by Dom.)
This is to the people of Worthy:

Well, I finally went and read some of the threads in the inner court that pertained to ATT.

I have to say, I was pretty shocked.

We hate you? Why would we hate you? I saw this said over and over. Is it that you hate us, and project it onto us?

And my, all the vile attributes we get! Really, I am shocked.

I am writing this hoping that people from worthy will read it, since they do come here to read. I don't mean the few who actually signed up but the ones who read quietly too. Maybe someone will even have the guts to post a copy of my writing over there.

Do you want to know why I am a freethinker and not a christian? Because I found too many christians lacking in morals. And there you sit telling us we have no morals! You are lacking in empathy, judging everyone, looking down on others and thinking that you are better than everyone else.

I found the god of the old testament to be a mean and cruel war god. If that is how this god is, I want nothing to do with him. He comits genocide and infanticide and even asks his favorite people to kill their own child. The old testament is worse than Grimm's fairytales.

I'd like to know how many of you think to buy something extra when you are in the supermarket so you can hand the run down person at the corner a sandwich and some milk. I want to know how many of you beat your children. I want to know how many of you disrespect the old. Whether you help animals in need.

It is already clear how you treat people with genetic differences, such as gays.

Just so you know, I am a good person. My actions speak for me. The way I live my life speaks for me. My empathy speaks for me.

To say it plain and clear: I see too much evil and not enough empathy in christianity. I don't want to be a part of it.

If there really is a good and benevolent god, he will like me better than he likes you.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
29-03-2012, 04:56 PM
^ I don't "hate", I just get my kicks from their responces. : D

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
29-03-2012, 08:34 PM
(28-03-2012 07:37 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 05:07 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Hi, thought I'd drop in to see how atheist who are not limited by moderation of our forum think of what they see when they read what we write. It was nice to come and actually see someone quoting me and critiquing what I said. I decided to sign up for an account when I saw that I was addressed with the question "what are you saying?"

I wouldn't expect you to find anything of value in what I was saying to other believers. What we believe makes no sense to someone who doesn't believe. We live in a world where there are countless different groups of people who claim to believe the bible but in truth only believe some subjective personal interpretation of the text instead of an objective acceptance of what is taught followed by a genuine response of conformity to it.

I especially loved your comment about god-speak, which was followed by your reaction to what I wrote. Of course I seem to be like a long history of people who believed they were living in the 'last days' as this is what is taught in scripture, albeit there is no way to know exactly when the end of this age will come. It is true that since the very beginning of Christianity every generation thought that they would probably be last and each of them successively passed away without being the last. I understand how absurd it appears. I don't blame you for thinking that a guy is whacked out who looks at all those generations who thought they were and were not, and then gets in line to be the next one who thinks that it will be them.

We Have: Received message from God personally. While I understand how it may appear that I was saying God spoke to me personally on the issue, I merely meant that it was something I came to understand while reading the bible. It is how God 'speaks' to me. God has never showed up on my doorstep to sip coffee man.

Zero contribution of content: So your saying that you saw nothing of value in it? I wouldn't expect an atheist too. Since the beginning of Christianity not much has changed. Those who actually believe and follow the bible almost have more to worry about inside of the church than they do outside of the church. Atheists and others mainly think true believers are nuts and don't bother us much but those who hold to a false view of Christianity despise true believers and seek to rid themselves of them in any manner they can, especially in the name of religion.

Let me write in in plain English instead of the god-speak, so to speak.

There was a desire from some at this forum to debate over at worthy. Things went bad and people were banned from the forum, which is expected. I came to find a thread on the subject and thought it best to clarify using the bible. What I was saying was simply that many profess to believe but don't act like it. Instead they resemble what Paul told Timothy the ever illusive 'last days church' would be like. I brought out other things from the bible that show that even from the start these problems were present. And things have not changed. If the bible is true then anyone who actually believes and follows it will be hated by those who don't as well as those who say they do but twist what it says to their own personal liking. I believe that my warning to them was pertinent to the conversation at hand. Maybe you don't. OK.

I would be glad to dialog on the subject with you but I don't expect you to have a desire to.

Gary

Gary! Welcome! Thank you for coming and responding- and of course I want a dialogue. I'm glad you were willing to come by and have open conversation- I honestly did not expect that. I had figured that everyone had abandoned the thread and written us off.

I use the term god-speak to refer specifically to the style of speaking that prevails in Christian culture in the US today. It's not just the "amen"s and the "praise God"s, but a very verbose way of speaking that often adds little actual help. As I mentioned in a prior post, there is a lot of echo in the WCF thread with the message of "We really need to look at how we act as the message of Christ to non-believers!". But almost no one volunteering, "Hey, that thing I said was way off the mark" or "You know, I really ought to look again at how I treat gay people" or "Perhaps my preconceptions of atheists needs a little improvement." I think that much of the reason for the overreaction by WCF is due to preconception. Once you (in the general sense, not you specifically) learned that these people were atheists or associated with atheists- game over. Everything they said was then lambasted as dishonest. And that's just not the case- aside from the mathematician, who I think had apologized. Preconceived notions about who atheists are (liars, thieves, sinners, angry, pretentious little people who hate Christians and everything they stand for) resulted in the almost complete end of discussion. There were a few of you folks who are willing to try to look past their preconceived notions. As am I.

Once you step out of the Christian bubble, talking becomes much more relaxed, far less nuanced, and in my opinion- more fruitful. What you said in your post here in plain English only vaguely matches the way you said it in god-speak. But maybe that's because I've been out of the bubble for nearly 10 years now (though only an admitted atheist for the last year or so).

I have to say though, you're spot on about those in the church being the biggest enemies of themselves. One of the biggest reasons for my initial separation from the church was from rather lousy interactions with other Christians- most especially a leader who was looked highly upon while I was in the Master's Commission program. I'll spare you the details unless you actually care (in the thread on the WCF boards someone had specifically stated that they do not believe atheists stories about bad church experiences because they are mostly made up Shocking ).

(28-03-2012 06:38 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I am open to dialog with those who wish to. The poster who addressed me didn't seem to have a genuine desire to do so.

Please, you'll have to forgive me- I haven't yet mastered the art of instantaneous travel from work to home. I'm working on it, but I've reached a ceiling in speed, above which travel becomes unsafe. Drinking Beverage
LOL, I wasn't talking about the time it was taking you to get back to me! Too funny. I didn't think you had a genuine desire to, but it appears that you may actually have and I have misunderstood what you were saying in your post. It is interesting to hear you say that you thought I was just using a lot of words to say nothing though as that truly is not the case at all. It is quite interesting to me to learn that many atheists here are former theists of some sort. I knew that all of the scripture that warns you could loose your faith wasn't wrong, yet they try to explain it away with the doctrines of men saying that you guys never really believed in the first place. Not true!

I had my own bad experience at churches. It didn't make me an atheist though because I was a believer long before I was a Christian. And long before I darkened the door of a church. My bad experiences with Pastors/teachers/Christians have only helped me to become more settled in my faith. These people actually give the bible more credibility because they are living out the prophecy contained in the bible about them.

Anyway, glad to make your acquaintance.

Gary
[+] 1 user Likes gdemoss's post
29-03-2012, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 08:47 PM by Erxomai.)

Welcome, J0Belle!
And what a great Poster Child you've become.

"Join Worthy Christian Forums. We'll help you stop believing in an imaginary god!" Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel