Worthy Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
23-03-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: Worthy Christian Forums
(23-03-2012 01:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know.

The only place you can?

(keep in mind I haven't looked at the forum yet)

Yep. The Outer Court. You won't see me anywhere else (apart from my intro thread that I can't reply to) Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2012, 01:21 PM
(23-03-2012 01:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-03-2012 01:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hehe Smile You guys are funny. I'm starting the betting pool for how long KC lasts before he gets classed as an unbeliever too. My bet is half a day Big Grin

I guess it really depends.

I mean, how should I go in? Guns-a-blazing or like I did when I first came here?

Erm... what you did when you first came here... Do you not remember how we all climbed into you? Although thinking back you were odd in that you didn't get bleak. I think no matter which way you go in you're gonna get classed as undesirable in a very short space of time.

I don't know but I would imagine that Christian forums have a purpose almost diametrically opposite to our own - i.e. *reinforce* faith, *don't question, just believe*. They might, for the sake of appearing transparent, say something like "we encourage polite and rational debate" but my guess is that's not what members are looking for. Anyone who's interested in such debate is going to run the risk of running afoul of the mods, as Egor did. I didn't read his report in detail but I understand he got banned because the mods feared he might lead people astray - which is exactly what an unworthy atheist like Hughsie or you is gonna do. I'm also betting they're gonna decide you're an atheist pretending to be a Christian for laughs.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-03-2012, 01:25 PM
(23-03-2012 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  Erm... what you did when you first came here... Do you not remember how we all climbed into you? Although thinking back you were odd in that you didn't get bleak. I think no matter which way you go in you're gonna get classed as undesirable in a very short space of time.

I don't know but I would imagine that Christian forums have a purpose almost diametrically opposite to our own - i.e. *reinforce* faith, *don't question, just believe*. They might, for the sake of appearing transparent, say something like "we encourage polite and rational debate" but my guess is that's not what members are looking for. Anyone who's interested in such debate is going to run the risk of running afoul of the mods, as Egor did. I didn't read his report in detail but I understand he got banned because the mods feared he might lead people astray - which is exactly what an unworthy atheist like Hughsie or you is gonna do. I'm also betting they're gonna decide you're an atheist pretending to be a Christian for laughs.

Hmmm, that's possible. But, again, my theology is pretty sound and uses the same medium (unlike Egor).

But yeah, ultimately, they're not going to want any type of challenge, I'm sure.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-03-2012, 01:36 PM
(23-03-2012 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmm, that's possible. But, again, my theology is pretty sound and uses the same medium (unlike Egor).

But yeah, ultimately, they're not going to want any type of challenge, I'm sure.

Based on the Bible right? But it's totally alien sounding man. I mean, I grew up as a Christian and I read and debated about it lots - admittedly I forgot most of it later on - but I *never* came across the idea of this monster Calvinist God, or if I did I didn't understand the implications. If they're all the same as I was they're gonna think "no way does the Bible say that and even if it does, he's just reading it wrong and out of context and trolling us and waaaaaaaaaaaaa! BANHAMMER"

Hey before you go theologizing could you take their gay temperature? Oh wait Hughsie's doing that, I forgot... I'm just interested to know if contemporary Christian culture is pro gay these days Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-03-2012, 01:42 PM
(23-03-2012 01:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  Based on the Bible right? But it's totally alien sounding man. I mean, I grew up as a Christian and I read and debated about it lots - admittedly I forgot most of it later on - but I *never* came across the idea of this monster Calvinist God, or if I did I didn't understand the implications. If they're all the same as I was they're gonna think "no way does the Bible say that and even if it does, he's just reading it wrong and out of context and trolling us and waaaaaaaaaaaaa! BANHAMMER"

Hey before you go theologizing could you take their gay temperature? Oh wait Hughsie's doing that, I forgot... I'm just interested to know if contemporary Christian culture is pro gay these days Tongue

Well, not to get too much into it... but the early church was heavily Calvinistic (not that it had an actual name back then). Also, the Pilgrims were Calvinists. A ton of theologians are Calvinistic... basically, if you study theology in depth... you are probably going to be a Calvinist.

But, really... that doesn't matter. I'm sure I'll be labeled a "non-believer" for being an EC.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
23-03-2012, 02:06 PM
4 pages in this thread and you haven't even posted in any real threads yet. LOL
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
23-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Holy crap, they have chat
That's horseshit
we need chat

I might abandon ship for this new chat feature lol

KC, my introduction was better.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
23-03-2012, 06:40 PM
(23-03-2012 02:06 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  4 pages in this thread and you haven't even posted in any real threads yet. LOL

Spot on Devilsadvoc! Lucradis that Crispy Critter is really scareyHuh
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
23-03-2012, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 08:04 PM by Erxomai.)
ok, I'm in.
I'm waiting for my confirmation email.
Since I never read TOS, I don't feel the need to lie, although I am quite willing to for a good cause! Big Grin

Website Freebies...can we ask Deep to add some of these to our site?

http://www.worthywebmaster.com/

They have a feature I'd like to see us use. The first link you see upon checking in is a friendly link that says, "Do You Need Prayer?"

It pops open a window that gives you this:

Welcome to the Worthy Prayer Team!

We're sorry we don't have a live prayer partner available at this time.

Please submit your prayer request though and we'll place it immediately into our database.

You need to login using your Worthy Network username and password.

First post I open is titled, "If you're new, click here."
Great, I shall learn the rules of the forum, etc etc.

Nope!

This is the "Welcome" thread:

The Truth

You cannot be saved by being a 'good person':

"For by grace are ye saved through faith...Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8a-9)

And there are not 'many paths’ to God, there's only One:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

The Bible tells us that everyone is a sinner:

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)

You must realize that there is a punishment for sin:

"For the wages of sin is death..." (Romans 6:23a)

This does not mean only physical death, but also spiritual death:

"...fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28b)

Jesus died on the cross for your sins:

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

And then He rose from the dead, conquering death:

"Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;" (Acts 10:40)

Because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, eternal life becomes a free gift from God:

"...by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." (Romans 5:18b)

"...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23b)

But just like any gift, it doesn't become yours until you receive it. To receive God's gift of eternal life you must call on the name of the Lord:

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Time is growing short and you should not put off your decision. The Bible tells us:

"(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" (2 Corinthians 6:2)

There is no other way to be saved than by Jesus, and there is no better time than now to receive salvation.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-03-2012, 11:48 PM
So... it begins...

This is what I wrote in a Hughsie thread:

Quote:I'm new here, so forgive my ignorance and brashness... but...

Do you mean to tell me that this place instantly segregates, typecasts,
and sets prejudices against certain members simply because of their
beliefs? You mean to tell me that a person who is undecided on whether
or not to become a Christian is instantly sent to a place called the
"Outer Circle" and is forbidden to post amongst Christian peers?

I'm sorry... but what a horrible, ungodly, bigoted example you are
setting for non-believers. As a former atheist, I would be horribly
offended; moreover, you have almost successfully fulfilled the typical
Christian stereotype that has been detrimental to modern Christianity.

Christ Himself always welcomed unbelievers, and, in fact, only showed
righteous anger towards the self-righteous "leaders" of the church. I
personally find this behavior atrocious, and for this very reason I can
fully understand why Christians are so hated.

I completely understand limiting individuals access to parts of the
forum due to their own personal behavior, but discriminating against
people due to their beliefs is not only bigoted but unchristian.
Consider the Samaritan woman at the well - when Christ spoke to her, she
was so surprised that a Jew talked to her that she screamed towards the
other Samaritans about how unbelievable it was. Reaching out to others
is Christ-like. This... this, right here, isn't.

I'm sorry if I crossed a line, but, I believe something should be said.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post