Would You Buy Entertainment...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2011, 11:45 PM
RE: Would You Buy Entertainment...
I enjoyed the movie Book of Eli so much that I bought the Blu-Ray. I actually haven't watched it (the Blu-ray) yet, just remember how good it was in the theater, can't wait to analyze it...

As far as music goes I don't care what a person's religious beliefs are. Now if they are actively singing a song about Jesus or God or something (I'm thinking of mainstream "Christian" music here) I would find that distracting and irritating to listen to. Bands like Creed, Evanescence, etc. don't scream religion at you and have some good songs for sure.
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2011, 07:22 PM
RE: Would You Buy Entertainment...
One of my favourite poets, Chaucer, is chock full of references to religion, and he is the most hilarious and enjoyable poet I've ever read ^.^ Plus, if anybody rejects Shakespeare on the grounds that it has religious references, I would be seriously worried about them Wink

Bad Religion is one of my favourite bands, and tons of their songs have religious references; some obvious, some obscure. Half the time I learn something new about religion, something clicks for me in one of their songs, and I understand it a little better. Oddly enough, I think that atheists (who in general know more about religion than theists) can actually appreciate religious references more than theists Tongue

I also like the song by Avenged Sevenfold, "The Beast and the Harlot", but I like it even more after reading Revelations (the Brick Testament version, of course Tongue). I sometimes sit and wonder whether or not any theists listening to the song would get the references?

Oh, and can't forget Mr. Deity! Religious satire is definitely entertaining!

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply