Would You Rather and What If You Could game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Would You Rather and What If You Could game
This is the "casual" coffeehouse, and yet we're all being too serious (and I don't see any coffee). So allow me to start 2 games of hypothetical questions. This will let users loosen their belts, so to speak, and perhaps take their pants right off. Plus women can now participate in a predominantly male past time.

First, the Would You Rather game: answer and then add your own if you want

I'll start off with a classic

Would You Rather:

Walk in on your parents having sex OR have your parents walk in on you?
(Full nudity, 10 second awkward pause where eyes are locked into a staring contest with the other party's genitalia)

And the other game

What If You Could:

If you could manipulate time (pause, rewind, and slow down) but every time you did it, you would age 10 times faster than usual (until time resumed as normal), would you use it?

Enjoy.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2011, 01:23 AM
RE: Would You Rather and What If You Could game
If you could manipulate time (pause, rewind, and slow down) but every time you did it, you would age 10 times faster than usual (until time resumed as normal), would you use it?

Step 1) Manipulate time to pause, slow down, speed up, whatever, on anything to achieve whatever you want.
Step 2) Resume time as normal. You are now old.
Step 3) Now REWIND time on yourself, ONLY yourself 100 times as fast as possible, you will reverse age 10 times faster than usual.
Step 4) Resume time as normal. You are now young.
Step 5) Repeat for infinite money, power, world domination, and live forever. The whole world will be jelly. Problem, Physics?

[Image: trollface.jpg]

Would you rather obtain infinite knowledge at the cost of losing everyone you know or would you rather obtain an elixir of life at the cost of losing your sense of right and wrong?

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
24-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Walk in on your parents having sex OR have your parents walk in on you?
(Full nudity, 10 second awkward pause where eyes are locked into a staring contest with the other party's genitalia)

The answer is the same as when your parents catch you fapping:

[Image: 127979168331705.jpeg]

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like MasterRottweiler's post
24-06-2011, 03:18 AM
(24-06-2011 01:23 AM)robotworld Wrote:  Step 3) Now REWIND time on yourself, ONLY yourself 100 times as fast as possible, you will reverse age 10 times faster than usual.
Step 4) Resume time as normal. You are now young.

My time travel scenario had "Prince of Persia" or "The Time Machine" rules, where the time around you is altered while you remain on a normal timeline (only in this case its 10x). Don't try and skirt the penalty.

Quote:Would you rather obtain infinite knowledge at the cost of losing everyone you know or would you rather obtain an elixir of life at the cost of losing your sense of right and wrong?

Well for starting, losing everyone I know isn't a big deal. Everyone dies anyways, and infinite knowledge could be used in so many ways. Plus, what does the elixir of life do? Because I wouldn't want immortality, even if it was free. Life kinda sucks, and after 200 years or so, I'd be really bored.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
24-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Damn, trollface and insanity wolf have invaded the forum Tongue

About the parental sex scene. It happened (both ways); my parents and I are open minded, we don't care. Doesn't mean we hold a staring contest.

About time control; maybe a few times to win the lottery and put the money to good use.

My question: Be tremendously rich in this world, do whatever you want and never be remembered after your death
OR
Sacrifice yourself, change the world into a utopia without disease, famine, war, religion or misery. Happiness and longlivety for all. Become famous as the world's saviour and have a statue in every city.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
24-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Quote:My time travel scenario had "Prince of Persia" or "The Time Machine" rules, where the time around you is altered while you remain on a normal timeline (only in this case its 10x). Don't try and skirt the penalty.

Heck yes I would still use the power, sparingly. Some things that you can do in one day is just worth the loss in 10 days. Otherwise, the faster you complete your mission, the less severe the penalty. Assuming, like "The Time Machine", the rate of change in time can vary from slow to fast, you can technically go to the future, steal let's say a portal gun, go back to the present, and enjoy your new weapon/toy while losing just 10 days of your life (assuming you did this in just 1 day). It will be really worth it.

And this leads back to...
Step 5, EDIT) Repeat for infinite money, power and world domination at the cost of 10 months of your life if you manipulate time for 1 month. The whole world will be jelly. Problem, Physics?

24-06-2011, 06:45 AM
(24-06-2011 03:42 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  My question: Be tremendously rich in this world, do whatever you want and never be remembered after your death
OR
Sacrifice yourself, change the world into a utopia without disease, famine, war, religion or misery. Happiness and longlivety for all. Become famous as the world's saviour and have a statue in every city.

I'd rather sacrifice myself to bring change not really to be considered a savior but so that change is made.

Would you rather...
Become a creationist being seen as blind by a large part of the world
Or
Actually go blind but continue your own views on the issue

and if you could would you
Change your sex knowing that in doing so you would have to deal with all of the bodily functions unique to that sex. (I.E. have periods/spend half your day trying to keep your penis from being hard [it's hard to make a suitable counter to periods for men =p])

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:Would you rather...
Become a creationist being seen as blind by a large part of the world
Or
Actually go blind but continue your own views on the issue

and if you could would you
Change your sex knowing that in doing so you would have to deal with all of the bodily functions unique to that sex. (I.E. have periods/spend half your day trying to keep your penis from being hard [it's hard to make a suitable counter to periods for men =p])

Wait, I thought creationists were already blinded by science? Anyway I'll rather go blind to continue my never ending quest for knowledge than to follow the masses. After all, a loss in one sense can hypothetically strengthen your other senses, and praise technology for letting the blind see again by artificial retinas. Science FTW for actually solving the world's problems.

Hmm... I'm currently contented with my anatomical sex and I'm lucky to have what I have. Not being chauvinistic, but I heard periods can be really painful, it's like someone punching you hard below the gut every month until menopause. I symphatise your pain. Until then, I'll stick with my current gender.

24-06-2011, 09:21 AM
From the top down.

Parents walk in on me, so that I'm not scarred for life. Didn't happen that way though unfortunately... Sad

As for the time travel question, of course I would. In reality I'd probably use it the first time not knowing the consequence and age myself to death because I'd go back to 0, and find out about that christ fellow for reals.

Infinite knowledge but only because the terms for the elixir of life have not been resolved yet.

Because I have a daughter, I'd have to sacrifice myself for the ultimate good. I'm assuming I am dying in this scenario so there is no way to take advantage of my new found celebrity?

I have a thing about my eyes, so the blindness thing is a seriously tough choice for me. But I think overall I would rather still be me. Plus maybe I could become Daredevil even though as a superhero and superhero movie, he is just terrible.

As for gender, I've gotten it in the balls so many damn times that it would be nice to not have that issue, however with the risks of giving birth like a sucker, and the period crap, not to mention menopause... screw it, sack me if you must.

Now, would you rather have only one arm, or lack the use of one leg?

And to continue the double questions...

Eat a living tarantula (one of the bird eating ones) or fight a small bear with only a small knife?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2011, 09:29 AM
would you rather be crucified by a roman centurion, or get stuck on a spike by vlad the impaler?
The centurions would hammer nails through your ankles and wrists and kill you the next day.
Vlad would have you beaten, then a metal spike is greased and rammed up your spinal column, you'll die within the hour but it will be agonizingly painful as you sink further down on the spike.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"