Would anyone watch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Would anyone watch?
I was watching a video of Dr Irene Pepperberg talking about Alex. I find her work that she does facinating. I too have an african grey and she is extremely smart. I treat my bird as an equal, not as a pet. She has many freedoms that my dog and cat just don't get. Well, at least during the day when my wife is not home. I want to start making videos to post to youtube to show some of the daily interactions I have with Isabelle. I was wondering if anyone would watch it and if so what kinds of things I should try to post. I want to try to do this scientifically, so I will be posting the good with the bad.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 05:27 AM
RE: Would anyone watch?
Post a link. I've seen stuff about that bird before. African Grays are smart little bastards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2012, 05:28 AM
I don't like birds. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
13-09-2012, 05:37 AM
(13-09-2012 05:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't like birds. Angel

Too smart for you huh?
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
13-09-2012, 06:48 AM
(13-09-2012 05:37 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 05:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't like birds. Angel

Too smart for you huh?

Icky, noisy, disease-carrying feathered insects. Tongue

13-09-2012, 01:15 PM
(13-09-2012 06:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 05:37 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Too smart for you huh?

Icky, noisy, disease-carrying feathered insects. Tongue

You are very wrong about that. Birds are very clean. All disease has been bread out of them. My grey is far smarter than the dog and cat. I guess that birds aren't for everyone. I think I will start making my first video tomorrow, as I am busy at work.
[+] 1 user Likes pawprints1985's post
13-09-2012, 01:26 PM
(13-09-2012 01:15 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 06:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Icky, noisy, disease-carrying feathered insects. Tongue

You are very wrong about that. Birds are very clean. All disease has been bread out of them. My grey is far smarter than the dog and cat. I guess that birds aren't for everyone. I think I will start making my first video tomorrow, as I am busy at work.

That's cool, I don't mind being wrong. They're still noisy, and I still don't like 'em. Of course, part of my problem is simulation. Like if I had one, I'd be like birdy gotta fly and it would dive bomb the company, who'd swat my birdy, and who'd I'd hafta bury in the back yard... suck alla round. :/

13-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I would certainly watch - I love birds!! Heart Especially birds in the wild - I know they are smart - they have to be, or they wouldn't survive. I'd love to see your African Grey in action! Smile

Ha - you crazy Birdguy - you are using Pawprints login. Tongue Who is who?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
13-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Would anyone watch?
I'd watch if I knew in the video the bird was going to poop on you. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-09-2012, 12:08 AM
(13-09-2012 01:50 PM)kim Wrote:  I would certainly watch - I love birds!! Heart Especially birds in the wild - I know they are smart - they have to be, or they wouldn't survive. I'd love to see your African Grey in action! Smile

Ha - you crazy Birdguy - you are using Pawprints login. Tongue Who is who?

Yeah, sorry about that. My wife is pawprints. We are sharing a computer right now, because hers crapped out. I didn't know that she was logged in.