Would bats be considered the most unique mammal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Would bats be considered the most unique mammal?
(10-02-2017 04:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm trying to resist the urge to say something about the phrase "most unique", ...

Exactly my thought.

I'm trying to resist pointing out the uniqueness of Murikans (or a subset native to the Southern states) who seem to be the only species who have evolved the ability to have degrees of uniqueness.

Drinking Beverage

Even money on someone living in Texas being the next person to make the same mistake.

Angel

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-02-2017, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2017 10:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
Ibex?

Ninja Ibex?

It's not a mammal, but what the fuck is this?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-02-2017, 10:14 PM
The Platypus is far more unique than any of the over 1,100 different species of bats. You act as if Bat is a species it is not it is a category like Cats or Rodent. There is not 1 species of Flying Mammal there are over 1,100.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-02-2017, 10:34 PM
What the fuck are we even looking at there? Can you even tell? That's not a face. That's not even an animal. If you saw it out in the wild, you'd say, that there is a goddamn mushroom, and an extremely poisonous-looking one at that. Intrigued, you'd lean forward for a closer look. And that's when the Maclaud's horseshoe bat would unfold its wings and calmly, calculatedly pee on you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-02-2017, 10:45 PM
(10-02-2017 10:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What the fuck are we even looking at there? Can you even tell? That's not a face. That's not even an animal. If you saw it out in the wild, you'd say, that there is a goddamn mushroom, and an extremely poisonous-looking one at that. Intrigued, you'd lean forward for a closer look. And that's when the Maclaud's horseshoe bat would unfold its wings and calmly, calculatedly pee on you.

D: Why did I look at this?

Come to think of it, how much mead did Rev put in this Bee Sting? I'm feeling a trifle........ Hobo

10-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Sorry. I misread the OP as animal. Not mamal.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-02-2017, 11:58 PM
(10-02-2017 06:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Humans obviously.
Yes bats can fly, but so can we with the right technology. Brain power has allowed us to become an overwhelming dominate force on this planet.
There's simply no other animal in history that has done what we've done.

And yet, whales live centuries. Even turtles live at least 150 years and more.

The human is but a flash in the pan. Always remember to wear clean underwear. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-02-2017, 01:42 AM
(10-02-2017 11:58 PM)kim Wrote:  And yet, whales live centuries. Even turtles live at least 150 years and more.

Jellyfish live forever.

11-02-2017, 04:49 AM
(10-02-2017 11:58 PM)kim Wrote:  Always remember to wear clean underwear. Shy

NOTE: Never attend a Kim dinner party. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-02-2017, 08:11 AM
(10-02-2017 05:52 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 04:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No. Bats are not unique.

There's other flying mammals (squirrel -- they don't fly well, but do) - and dolphins and porpoises have echo location....

If you want unique -- a platypus gets the vote.

Find another mammal that lays eggs......

Tell that to Batman
He's got nothing on Squirrel girl

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson