Would it concern you if your neighbor is a Muslim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 12:56 AM
Would it concern you if your neighbor is a Muslim?
While I was walking my dog earlier this week, I was joined by my neighbor from down the street. She is a Christian, more of a cultural Christian, not really devout. We usually talk about our dogs, work, and other mundane crap. On this walk, she voiced her concerns about her new next door neighbors. They are Muslims; Husband, wife, and 4 sons who are in their 20s or so. I've seen these people a couple times; I greeted them, but they didn't respond and kept to themselves. My neighbor said she feels very uncomfortable living next to them and she is thinking about selling her home and move.

I thought moving away just because your neighbors are Muslims would be a bit extreme.

I thought about it, would it bother me if my next door neighbors were Muslims? I would like to say that it wouldn't, but the fact that they're there would be somewhere in the back of my head. It wouldn't be enough for me to move away though. My next door neighbors are Christians, that fact did not bother me in the slightest. Why would Muslims bother me? It's totally irrational.

When people hear the word Christians, usually nothing happens, but when people hear the word Muslim or Islam, you can almost feel their assholes clench up a bit.

What about you guys/girls? Would it bother you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
15-01-2016, 01:01 AM
RE: Would it concern you if your neighbor is a Muslim?
(15-01-2016 12:56 AM)xieulong Wrote:  While I was walking my dog earlier this week, I was joined by my neighbor from down the street. She is a Christian, more of a cultural Christian, not really devout. We usually talk about our dogs, work, and other mundane crap. On this walk, she voiced her concerns about her new next door neighbors. They are Muslims; Husband, wife, and 4 sons who are in their 20s or so. I've seen these people a couple times; I greeted them, but they didn't respond and kept to themselves. My neighbor said she feels very uncomfortable living next to them and she is thinking about selling her home and move.

I thought moving away just because your neighbors are Muslims would be a bit extreme.

I thought about it, would it bother me if my next door neighbors were Muslims? I would like to say that it wouldn't, but the fact that they're there would be somewhere in the back of my head. It wouldn't be enough for me to move away though. My next door neighbors are Christians, that fact did not bother me in the slightest. Why would Muslims bother me? It's totally irrational.

When people hear the word Christians, usually nothing happens, but when people hear the word Muslim or Islam, you can almost feel their assholes clench up a bit.

Depends on the type of Muslim and the country you're in.

Mainstream Muslims in most Western nations? No more an issue than Christians. Less of an issue, actually -- none of that obnoxious sense of privilege.
[+] 9 users Like Reltzik's post
15-01-2016, 01:07 AM
Only in the sense that I might be collateral damage for some idiot who might attack them. As long as they were pleasant or at least not bothersome, no it wouldn't bother me. I live amongst a bunch of redneck bible thumpers saturating my state with their brand of bigotry and ignorance. The few Muslims I know of are moderate and a welcome relief.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
15-01-2016, 01:07 AM
(15-01-2016 12:56 AM)xieulong Wrote:  What about you guys/girls? Would it bother you?

Considering that the FBI's top domestic terrorist groups are dominionist Christian fuktards, I wouldn't fear them at face value any more so than any other religious denomination.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-01-2016, 01:09 AM
Concerned if they're dickheads or not - not bothered by the religion side of it. If they were fundamentalists I'd be weirded out, but the same goes for any fundamentalist group of any stripe.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
15-01-2016, 01:12 AM
I have nothing to do with my neighbours. I do know the guy above me is an actor and is gay. (Who would expect an actor to be gay?)
I only know that because my brother has worked with him.

I say hi to one guy when I see him. I don't know, nor do I wish to know any others.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-01-2016, 01:13 AM
(15-01-2016 12:56 AM)xieulong Wrote:  What about you guys/girls? Would it bother you?
No more than if a Christian was my neighbor.
Adults believing in invisible magical creatures is very odd, but there are so many people in this odd basket that we tend to label it as "normal" Hobo
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
15-01-2016, 01:23 AM
(15-01-2016 12:56 AM)xieulong Wrote:  While I was walking my dog earlier this week, I was joined by my neighbor from down the street. She is a Christian, more of a cultural Christian, not really devout. We usually talk about our dogs, work, and other mundane crap. On this walk, she voiced her concerns about her new next door neighbors. They are Muslims; Husband, wife, and 4 sons who are in their 20s or so. I've seen these people a couple times; I greeted them, but they didn't respond and kept to themselves. My neighbor said she feels very uncomfortable living next to them and she is thinking about selling her home and move.

So long as they are quiet and leave me alone I don't care if they are Muslim.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-01-2016, 01:26 AM
Well up here in Canada, I haven't seen any super fundy Christians to compare to the US. Muslims are barely visible where I am. I've only seen the new people a few times while walking my dog; I tried to greet them, but no success. As for Muslims making trouble here, I can't think of anything. There was an incident a few years ago at a judo tournament, where a Muslim couple forced their daughter to ware a hijab, knowing full well that head dresses were not allowed during competition. I said "knowing full well" because they've done it on 4 separate occasions, then raised a ruckus crying discrimination.
15-01-2016, 01:27 AM
Chances of muslim being my neighbour in Poland are pretty small but I don't think it would be an issue. I have christian neighbours and I don't care, why I should care about followers of other religion? It's not like each of them wan't to bomb us while screaming Allahu Akbar.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.