Would it concern you if your neighbor is a Muslim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: Would it concern you if your neighbor is a Muslim?
No, it wouldn't bother me. I don't think it's fair to lump everyone into one category simply because of their religion. You are going to have extremists in every religion. Extremists are only a small sect and are not representative of the whole religion.

There is an Afghan restaurant that I go to quite frequently because they have the most amazing food. It is run by a nice family. I do notice when various things hit the news concerning Islam, they often have fewer customers. It has to be hard with others putting their preconceived notions on you and marking you as being "one of them" when all you are trying to do is make a living and raise your family just like everybody else.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
15-01-2016, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 01:47 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
We used to have Muslim neighbors. They were really nice. Funnily enough the eldest gave me some camouflage pants before they left. I still have them but I don't wear them.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
15-01-2016, 01:59 AM
Hahahhahahaha. That's so stupid. I'm pretty sure the ones who live in the apartment under mine is Muslim. All I worry about is if it bothers them when I listen to music.

In my mom and stepdads neighborhood there's at least three Muslim households. My daughter has been to one of them to play with their daughter a few times. The biggest problem there have been on that street was when the Iraqi family moved in across from the Iranian one. The Iraqi guy was very upset and there was yelling at times, but it seems to have settled down now and they even greet each other politely now.

So no I don't care about the religion about those who live near me. I care about their actions.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
15-01-2016, 02:09 AM
(15-01-2016 12:56 AM)xieulong Wrote:  When people hear the word Christians, usually nothing happens, but when people hear the word Muslim or Islam, you can almost feel their assholes clench up a bit.

What about you guys/girls? Would it bother you?

Not at all.
[+] 2 users Like Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
15-01-2016, 03:30 AM
My first door neighbors are a Gorani family, a small ethnic group of slavic muslims. Doesn`t bother me at all, in fact, they the only ones I talk to on regular basis.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
15-01-2016, 03:53 AM
no

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
15-01-2016, 04:14 AM
I have a few muslim neighbours and no they do not bother me and to be honest I don't really notice them, it's just people getting on with their daily lives. However there are now areas in my city which are predominantly muslim and that is a whole different thing. Not much assimilation to the host country going on there and there have been a fair few arrests connected to fundamentalism so it depends what you mean by neighbours.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 3 users Like Eva's post
15-01-2016, 04:49 AM
Have that and I'm not sure what would be concerning about it. Just because they'll tell their son to leave for a night for buying the wrong type of olive oil doesn't bother me either.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
15-01-2016, 05:21 AM
No, it would not concern me.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
15-01-2016, 06:11 AM
No it wouldn't bother me.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post