Would the world change if we knew what happened after death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: Would the world change if we knew what happened after death?
You're scared we might be right, aren't you, Slipknot?

You're oh so scared that there will come a time when there will be no "you" anywhere in the universe -- no thought, no action, no emotion, no sensory input, not even an awareness of being dead.

Get over yourself. The universe isn't going to give you an extension. It's just going to reuse the molecules from your dead body and has much better things to do than recreate your dead mind in some other place and time.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Astreja's post
12-04-2017, 10:10 PM
(12-04-2017 09:19 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Don't waste your brief time in the sun with your head up your ass. Drinking Beverage
Prove it.

Prove that your head is up your ass? That's kind of an intimate situation. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
12-04-2017, 10:15 PM
(12-04-2017 10:04 PM)Astreja Wrote:  You're scared we might be right, aren't you, Slipknot?

You're oh so scared that there will come a time when there will be no "you" anywhere in the universe -- no thought, no action, no emotion, no sensory input, not even an awareness of being dead.

Get over yourself. The universe isn't going to give you an extension. It's just going to reuse the molecules from your dead body and has much better things to do than recreate your dead mind in some other place and time.
Theres no evidence of people being dead forever. So nothing to fear. Life itself is evidence that God cares.
12-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Slipknot, I think there *is* sufficient evidence that death is final -- and no evidence for heaven.

I believe that this is the only life we will ever get. I have no interest in eternal life.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
12-04-2017, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 10:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-04-2017 09:39 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Where did you exist before you were born, or indeed even conceived???

If you find that a silly question - you ought to know, you're asking the same question, just in a different direction on a timeline.

You didn't exist before you were born, and you won' t exist after you die - in spite of all the fairy tales you've been told.
We don't know what happens after death. Most likely heaven.

Most likely nothing. You have nothing to base your probability "most likely" on.
We know who invented the idea of heaven, and why and how it happened. The people who invented it, had no way of knowing what happens. They made it up. Just like you. They had no clue.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-04-2017, 10:51 PM
(12-04-2017 09:39 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Where did you exist before you were born, or indeed even conceived???

If you find that a silly question - you ought to know, you're asking the same question, just in a different direction on a timeline.

You didn't exist before you were born, and you won' t exist after you die - in spite of all the fairy tales you've been told.
We don't know what happens after death. Most likely heaven.

What basis of evidence do you have for such a bold claim? Anecdotes are not evidence. On the contrary we have heaps of neurological evidence that when your brain shuts off you do too.
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
12-04-2017, 10:56 PM
(12-04-2017 10:15 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Theres no evidence of people being dead forever. So nothing to fear. Life itself is evidence that God cares.

I don't fear being dead. So nothing to fear. Life is evidence that things can be alive until they are not alive. I don't care if there is a god. If there is one I don't care if it cares.

Do you ever fear that when you die your god won't be the one you meet after death. I don't. When I die either nothing will happen (which is the best assumption at this point) or something else will happen that was...

I don't know why I bothered to reply to this bullshit, what a waste of time...

Ohhh right, I got this real nice new peach cider at the store today, I'm a little buzzed. I'm gonna go to bed now and have an NSE (near sleep experience)

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
12-04-2017, 11:17 PM
(12-04-2017 10:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Slipknot, I think there *is* sufficient evidence that death is final -- and no evidence for heaven.

I believe that this is the only life we will ever get. I have no interest in eternal life.
You have no proof of death being final. Maybe on this Earth, but the universe is infinite.
12-04-2017, 11:20 PM
I say again: I have no interest in eternal life.

None.

Not even a tiny bit.

In fact, I believe that eternal life would make all existence utterly meaningless, because you could never get to the point of it all.

I intend to live my life as if it is the only one I will ever have, and your "loving" god -- you know, the one that supposedly created a "perfect" universe full of horrific suffering -- can get fucked.

[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
13-04-2017, 02:04 AM
(12-04-2017 11:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I say again: I have no interest in eternal life.

None.

Not even a tiny bit.

In fact, I believe that eternal life would make all existence utterly meaningless, because you could never get to the point of it all.

I intend to live my life as if it is the only one I will ever have, and your "loving" god -- you know, the one that supposedly created a "perfect" universe full of horrific suffering -- can get fucked.
Too bad the state of nothingness doesn't exist.