Would the world change if we knew what happened after death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: Would the world change if we knew what happened after death?
(12-04-2017 08:10 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Yes all religions would stop if we knew what happened after after death. For now we don't know.

(13-04-2017 07:01 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  You act like you do.

Not only that; the arrogant little prick has insisted from the moment he stumbled in here that he has The Truth™.

Essentially all he's got is argumentum ad nuh-uh. Toss da bum out.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
13-04-2017, 09:22 AM
(13-04-2017 09:18 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 08:10 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Yes all religions would stop if we knew what happened after after death. For now we don't know.

(13-04-2017 07:01 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  You act like you do.

Not only that; the arrogant little prick has insisted from the moment he stumbled in here that he has The Truth™.

Essentially all he's got is argumentum ad nuh-uh. Toss da bum out.

I suspect it will not be too long before Slippy boy's ™ username either turns brown and he gets to play with his own faeces in the sandbox or that it will turn black, just a question of time.
Find all posts by this user
13-04-2017, 10:00 AM
(12-04-2017 07:38 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I think it would be very different if we knew what happened after death.

Wait a minute. Most of the people on Earth claim to know what happens after death, so we already live in that world. The practical result: The diminution of life on this Earth.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
13-04-2017, 10:32 AM
If we knew for certain nothing happened, rather than just all the evidence pointing to it?

Probably nothing would change. Those that cling to belief in afterlives are already unconcerned with reality.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
13-04-2017, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017 11:08 AM by yakherder.)
How would. followers of Abrahamic faiths change if they found out the afterlife was one from a different book?

'Murican Canadian
13-04-2017, 11:13 AM
(12-04-2017 09:39 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Where did you exist before you were born, or indeed even conceived???

If you find that a silly question - you ought to know, you're asking the same question, just in a different direction on a timeline.

You didn't exist before you were born, and you won' t exist after you die - in spite of all the fairy tales you've been told.
We don't know what happens after death. Most likely heaven.

Prove it.
13-04-2017, 01:05 PM
(12-04-2017 09:39 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Where did you exist before you were born, or indeed even conceived???

If you find that a silly question - you ought to know, you're asking the same question, just in a different direction on a timeline.

You didn't exist before you were born, and you won' t exist after you die - in spite of all the fairy tales you've been told.
We don't know what happens after death. Most likely heaven.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Can you detail for us the statistical technique you used to arrive at the conclusion "most likely heaven"? It is, after all, a statement of probability. Can you put a number on that probability? 51%? 90%? 99%? And if so, how did you arrive at that number?
13-04-2017, 01:44 PM
(13-04-2017 01:05 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:39 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  We don't know what happens after death. Most likely heaven.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Can you detail for us the statistical technique you used to arrive at the conclusion "most likely heaven"? It is, after all, a statement of probability. Can you put a number on that probability? 51%? 90%? 99%? And if so, how did you arrive at that number?

This guy can't even wipe his own arse without smearing shit on the walls, how the fuck is he gonna do statistics? ETA: Tongue (so you know I ain't serious)

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-04-2017, 03:21 PM
(13-04-2017 01:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 01:05 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

This guy can't even wipe his own arse without smearing shit on the walls, how the fuck is he gonna do statistics? ETA: Tongue (so you know I ain't serious)

Oooh god, soooo much faeces, soon he will be writing with his turds..... Ahh he's already...... Okay. Shocking
13-04-2017, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017 03:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-04-2017 09:39 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  We don't know what happens after death. Most likely heaven.

I'm starting to like you. You make me chuckle. And you reminded me of a song I ain't heard in decades that I now get to share with you. From the Prophets. pbut Smile

#sigh