Would this make you find another doctor?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2015, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 07:49 PM by KUSA.)
Would this make you find another doctor?
I looked it up and the painter that did this is Nathan Greene. He painted quite a few of these absurdities and will sell you one for about $1500. https://www.nathangreene.com/prod_detail_list/12

It's funny how Jesus watches everyone in misery or trouble and doesn't do a damn thing about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
02-11-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: Would this make you find another doctor?
I'd definitely talk shit about it and make fun of it, but all in good humor. It honestly doesn't bother me. Whether or not a doctor can make a broken body work again and whether or not they believe in imaginary beings are two different issues.

'Murican Canadian
02-11-2015, 07:46 PM
(02-11-2015 07:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  It's funny how Jesus watches everyone in misery or trouble and doesn't do a damn thing about it.

It's like he isn't even there. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2015, 07:48 PM
(02-11-2015 07:43 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd definitely talk shit about it and make fun of it, but all in good humor. It honestly doesn't bother me. Whether or not a doctor can make a broken body work again and whether or not they believe in imaginary beings are two different issues.

Maybe, but I won't take that chance. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2015, 07:49 PM
(02-11-2015 07:43 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd definitely talk shit about it and make fun of it, but all in good humor. It honestly doesn't bother me. Whether or not a doctor can make a broken body work again and whether or not they believe in imaginary beings are two different issues.

I hear what you are saying and I typically don't care what people believe/don't believe as long as they are not militant or hateful about it. But if someone is in charge of my health, I want 100 percent science and zero woo. I think believing in magic can sway how you handle things. I would hope doctors who are religious can balance religion and medicine, but I would be worried about the ones who put more faith in a magical being than they do in medicine and their own ability to make others well.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-11-2015, 08:29 PM
(02-11-2015 03:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I was in the doctors office today and noticed this little gem on the wall.

Yup. I'd make an immediate u-turn.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-11-2015, 08:31 PM
I would change doctors right away.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
02-11-2015, 08:34 PM
I have refused medical help from people who have this kind of thing. And I'd do it again.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
02-11-2015, 09:21 PM
There's a dentist near by who has a quote from the Bible on the street sign outside his office. It's an old house converted into a dental business. I wouldn't trust my teeth to him or her either. I hear a giant "thud" when the bible is quoted.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-11-2015, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't care. I'd do some research and find out if they were good at what they do. I don't care what they do in their off-time. All I care about is results. There are outcomes and quality sites you can look them up on. My uncle was a conservative Catholic. He never lost a patient (he did heart surgery). I used to wonder if that was because he only operated on people who would likely make it. I was wrong. He was damn good.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.