19-04-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Would you accept God if he showed everyone he existed
I prefer Klingon beliefs.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
19-04-2015, 03:11 PM
How would you know the difference between a god, and some alien impersonating your idea of a god, so as to win the game ?
You do know the universe is a toy of robot children who make universes as toys.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2015, 03:13 PM
(19-04-2015 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How would you know the difference between a god, and some alien impersonating your idea of a god, so as to win the game ?
You do know the universe is a toy of robot children who make universes as toys.

Very Men In Black Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Just like everyone else said, acknowledge he exists? Yes. Accept him? No.

If more religious people realized that if you simply replace God's name with any other normal name, people would declare him an abusive being.

Actually, when I think about it, it's almost no different than being in an abusive domestic relationship...Consider

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
20-04-2015, 08:08 AM
(19-04-2015 03:26 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Just like everyone else said, acknowledge he exists? Yes. Accept him? No.

If more religious people realized that if you simply replace God's name with any other normal name, people would declare him an abusive being.

Actually, when I think about it, it's almost no different than being in an abusive domestic relationship...Consider

[Image: tumblr_mi0tvu5uEf1qapkmyo1_500.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Chas's post
20-04-2015, 08:38 AM
If he/it showed up and said "accept me or die/experience some other tragic fate"....then yes. Yes I would "accept" him/it.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
20-04-2015, 08:44 AM
I think I would have him Baker-Acted.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
[+] 2 users Like 666wannabe's post
20-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Oh, I like that poster in Chas' #25 above. Trouble is, send it to churches and most of them would frame it and put it up on the wall without a glimmer of irony. But then I suppose many in abusive relationships might do the same. Religiously devout: god enabler.
20-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Nothing new here. Accept that he exists? "Worship"? ... Probably. Sorry, I'm a coward. If he's got the power to torture me for eternity, I'll probably do whatever he tells me to do. At least in human tyranny you have the potential to rise up and revolt (not that I'm sure I could manage that, either). Instead we'd be stuck in a revolting position and have no choice (gun to our head, and so much for free will). Would I think nice things about him, though? Not a chance. I'd worship out of fear alone, never love.
Unless, of course, hell is, as some Christians I've talked to, merely a separation from god, in which case god can go fuck himself in the ass with VY Canis Majoris (largest known star, even if it does sound suspiciously like dog lube), I'd rather go to hell.
20-04-2015, 06:25 PM
well actually exist a good question we have to answer before even attemp answer that, How you know that he is really the god of bible? for people is not possible accept anytype of proof without base, with that in mind sorry dont matter what god i cant accept him as god...

When i was thinking on god he lose a lot of attributes that say the bible( or your holy text of preference) that i decided that a think as a god cant be exist.... so lets say he appear and say im the god of bible (thing that even can believe but lets say i accept it) and he create something to show me his power, that makes him god well not for me...then he shows me that knows all i will do , that will be enough right....naaa a teorical supercomputer can do that, judge me and send me in hell for not belive in him...ok that sound posible but the same has happened to a lot of people just that is not the eternity...and if he did....then is that really a god to worship..sending me to hell cause i dont believe in him he is the god of the bible?.

so finally if the question is i accept the he is god, i will say nope, that i worship ...nope, that i aknowledge is power well probably i do but that is not enough for be god.