Would you accept God if he showed everyone he existed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: Would you accept God if he showed everyone he existed
If a god did manage to prove themself I would have to accept it in the sense that it's real. I would not however worship it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2015, 11:44 AM
(22-04-2015 11:20 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  If Yahweh were to prove he existed, I would accept that he exists.

And I would not worship him.

What about acknowledging the Creator's right, or sovereignty to guide and protect mankind up until the point where it is no longer necessary?

I ask because a great many people don't fully grasp the Bible's meaning as a whole, especially with the creation and sin. The angels were created and graduated to maturity without having sinned. They are able to see the wisdom in their Creator's sovereignty whereas the human has not.

Put simply, would you think that if the Creator presented himself to you and you accepted it you would deny his ability and right as Creator to guide mankind until they reached that maturity?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2015, 11:46 AM
(22-04-2015 11:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 10:52 AM)The Theist Wrote:  It seems as illogical to judge ancient tenants as presented in the Bible ...

*tenets

Thanks for the correction, I didn't catch that.
22-04-2015, 11:48 AM
(22-04-2015 11:43 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If a god did manage to prove themself I would have to accept it in the sense that it's real. I would not however worship it.

What about reckoning the Creator as one might a parent? To me the concept of worship could be overstated or misunderstood.
22-04-2015, 01:34 PM
(22-04-2015 11:48 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 11:43 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If a god did manage to prove themself I would have to accept it in the sense that it's real. I would not however worship it.

What about reckoning the Creator as one might a parent? To me the concept of worship could be overstated or misunderstood.

The concept of "creator" is incoherent. "Creation" requires that assumptions are made, which have no support.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-04-2015, 04:12 PM
(22-04-2015 11:44 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 11:20 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  If Yahweh were to prove he existed, I would accept that he exists.

And I would not worship him.

What about acknowledging the Creator's right, or sovereignty to guide and protect mankind up until the point where it is no longer necessary?

I ask because a great many people don't fully grasp the Bible's meaning as a whole, especially with the creation and sin. The angels were created and graduated to maturity without having sinned. They are able to see the wisdom in their Creator's sovereignty whereas the human has not.

Put simply, would you think that if the Creator presented himself to you and you accepted it you would deny his ability and right as Creator to guide mankind until they reached that maturity?

Why should I give this supposed creator any rights at all. If he suppose to be protecting us he's not doing a very good job.

If he doesn't like it and has the ability to make anything. Then he could have made a being with complete knowledge of him, and complete servitude as well. It would no longer be a debate, over his existence. Yet here we are. Arguing over if it exist or not.

If we are playing that Christian God exists . The Devil was an Angel. He had seen God, he got to know God but still denied God. If the Devil is the most reviled being in Gods eyes. Why would he not give the same opportunity to one of his most beloved creations?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
22-04-2015, 05:05 PM
If god showed himself I wouldn't worship him unless he went to anger management classes, apologize for killing billions of people, apologized for the idiot concept of sin, admitted that sacrificing himself to himself for crap that he devised in the first place was dumb and stupid, admitted that the bible was dribble and a bunch of shit, took a few classes in buddhism and mindful meditation and generally acted how a decent god should act.

If not, then this god can take his religion and shove it where the sun don't shine He's not worth two cents worth of dog meat.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-04-2015, 05:06 PM
(22-04-2015 11:44 AM)The Theist Wrote:  The angels were created and graduated to maturity without having sinned. They are able to see the wisdom in their Creator's sovereignty whereas the human has not.

You mean like the angel Lucifer?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-04-2015, 05:09 PM
(22-04-2015 11:48 AM)The Theist Wrote:  

Even a parent has to earn and retain respect. Some don't.

So if a god showed up and proved him/herself to be a god the worship, respect, etc. still needs to earned.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2015, 08:37 PM
(22-04-2015 04:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Why should I give this supposed creator any rights at all.

Well, its a question of acceptance. You actually don't have the authority or power to say one way or another, but if the alleged Creator was what he claimed, and presented himself to you as such, would you accept it through obedience, or deny it through disobedience. The real interesting question, to me, is, if, as an atheist, I presume, you have done his will unknowingly would that count for anything? Jesus put that question to the religious leaders of his day, in the presence of children who knew the answer while the religious leaders didn't get it. They say the more things change the more they stay the same.

[/quote]If he suppose to be protecting us he's not doing a very good job. [/quote]

Hmmm . . . are you sure about that, especially when considering that protection would seem to require God's protection of man from man himself. The way I see it the majority by far of damage done in God's name or otherwise hasn't been done by God.

(22-04-2015 04:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If he doesn't like it and has the ability to make anything. Then he could have made a being with complete knowledge of him, and complete servitude as well. It would no longer be a debate, over his existence. Yet here we are. Arguing over if it exist or not.

I never could appreciate the average atheist agreement of this point. The angels were independent thinking beings who remained, for the most part, obedient, for an unknown but presumably vast period of time and Jesus Christ demonstrated that a man, such as Adam had been, could do the same.

(22-04-2015 04:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If we are playing that Christian God exists . The Devil was an Angel. He had seen God, he got to know God but still denied God. If the Devil is the most reviled being in Gods eyes. Why would he not give the same opportunity to one of his most beloved creations?

What opportunity? To know God? He has. You reject it just as Satan and Adam did.