Would you accept God if he showed everyone he existed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Would you accept God if he showed everyone he existed
You girst hoped for "undeserved kindness", then subscribed to the idea of original sin.
What is your way around this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2015, 10:13 PM
(22-04-2015 10:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  You girst hoped for "undeserved kindness", then subscribed to the idea of original sin.

You see a contradiction there? Lately I've come to the conclusion that I don't fully understand the unbeliever's objection to sin, be it original or not. There is no contradiction.

"The word [kharis] contains the idea of kindness which bestows upon one what he has not deserved . . . the N. T. writers use [kharis] pre-eminently of that kindness by which God bestows favors even upon the ill-deserving, and grants to sinners the pardon of their offences, and bids them accept of eternal salvation through Christ." A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, 1889, p. 666
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Theist's post
22-04-2015, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 10:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
I'd probably have to personally fondle his fellas to be convinced. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-04-2015, 10:26 PM
If God exist and the accounts of his character in the bible are correct, he does not deserve to be worshiped. How the hell do you have infinite power and knowledge and fuck up over and over? The guy's a fucking moron.

I suppose most people would have no choice, damm... worship or burn forever. On the other hand, the big moron is probably too severely incompetent to enforce his own rules, given his track record.

Can you imagine having to deal with the moron all day, everyday, for eternity? Always there, watching you while he talks about himself. I'd be like, "Fuck off God! Cant you give me just 5 fucking minutes to rub one out?" I can see some may choose to burn instead.
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
22-04-2015, 10:40 PM
(22-04-2015 10:26 PM)xieulong Wrote:  If God exist and the accounts of his character in the bible are correct, he does not deserve to be worshiped. How the hell do you have infinite power and knowledge and fuck up over and over? The guy's a fucking moron.

What is infinite power and what makes you think Jehovah God of the Bible possesses it? How has he allegedly fucked up?

(22-04-2015 10:26 PM)xieulong Wrote:  I suppose most people would have no choice, damm... worship or burn forever. On the other hand, the big moron is probably too severely incompetent to enforce his own rules, given his track record.

There is no literal burning forever, the fire is symbolic for everlasting destruction. Hell is a pagan teaching unsupported by scripture. If you like you can refer to my article on the subject here and we can discuss it further.

(22-04-2015 10:26 PM)xieulong Wrote:  Can you imagine having to deal with the moron all day, everyday, for eternity? Always there, watching you while he talks about himself. I'd be like, "Fuck off God! Cant you give me just 5 fucking minutes to rub one out?" I can see some may choose to burn instead.

You think that, we men of science, in our infinitely sophomoric knowledge of the universe is impressive but if the creator of that universe and everything were near you he would be a moron not worth listening to?

I guess that is your prerogative, but it seems far too often made out of almost complete ignorance. I know when I was an atheist for 27 years it was.
22-04-2015, 10:42 PM
(22-04-2015 10:13 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 10:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  You girst hoped for "undeserved kindness", then subscribed to the idea of original sin.

You see a contradiction there? Lately I've come to the conclusion that I don't fully understand the unbeliever's objection to sin, be it original or not. There is no contradiction.

"The word [kharis] contains the idea of kindness which bestows upon one what he has not deserved . . . the N. T. writers use [kharis] pre-eminently of that kindness by which God bestows favors even upon the ill-deserving, and grants to sinners the pardon of their offences, and bids them accept of eternal salvation through Christ." A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, 1889, p. 666

I'll never understand the believers want, even need, for sin and their creative ways of trying to sneak around it.
22-04-2015, 10:52 PM
(22-04-2015 10:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  I'll never understand the believers want, even need, for sin and their creative ways of trying to sneak around it.

Well, I don't know about any other believers, but I certainly don't want or need sin, and I'm certainly not foolish enough to think that there are any creative ways I or anyone else could ever contrive to sneak around it.

Sin is a really simple concept. It means to miss the mark. Literally or figuratively.
22-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Quote:Sin is a really simple concept. It means to miss the mark. Literally or figuratively.

That rests on a big pile of unfounded presumtions.
22-04-2015, 11:05 PM
(22-04-2015 10:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  
Quote:Sin is a really simple concept. It means to miss the mark. Literally or figuratively.

That rests on a big pile of unfounded presumtions.

No explanation? I don't think so. It rests on an accurate knowledge of the Bible.
22-04-2015, 11:12 PM
(22-04-2015 11:05 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 10:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  That rests on a big pile of unfounded presumtions.

No explanation? I don't think so. It rests on an accurate knowledge of the Bible.

The bible is true because it says it's true?
Accurate knowledge of fairytales doesn't convince me of anything.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post