Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
What? Huh what is a "personal theistic creator?" Like.... Each of us has someone who created us that believes in a diety? Aren't those just called.... Parents? Well I suppose I'd say yes I'm ok with that Rolleyes I have one myself after all. Of course one of my personal creators is not theistic. He's agnostic.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 11 users Like Smercury44's post
28-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Such a thing does not make sense.

Piss off troll. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
28-11-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm with you, Smerc.

Except both of my personal creators were probably atheists.

28-11-2014, 11:33 AM
What if we discover that we were created by aliens with advanced technology and superior intelligence?

Would you call them gods and would you worship them? Why?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
28-11-2014, 12:00 PM
If this creator is a hot woman with a nice personality than yes, I would love to have here around as my girlfriend creator god

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-11-2014, 12:02 PM
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.

That is a completely meaningless question. Ignoring the word salad in the body of the post, if there were evidence that a personal god actually existed then how I felt about that would be moot. There are plenty of things that exist that I don't like but my desires have no effect on reality and my not being "alright" with them doesn't man I don't believe they exist.

Whether or not I would worship a specific personal creator would depend on the attributes of said god. The character of Yahweh as described in the bible, for example, is a petty, vindictive, incompetent jackass. If there were any evidence at all that he wasn't a myth I would accept that he existed but I wouldn't worship him. Since there isn't any such evidence I have no feelings about him, only about what real people do while invoking his name.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 9 users Like unfogged's post
28-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Is this some oblique atheists hate God bullshit?

Kim's right the description is nonsensical.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-11-2014, 12:08 PM
1. Define "personal theistic creator". That appears to be a meaningless string of syllables.

2. If it is true then what I think is entirely irrelevant.

3. You are an idiot.

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
28-11-2014, 12:09 PM
[Image: pope-go-sell-everything-you-have-and-pic...ildren.jpg]

No. Because the personal theistic creator would allow children to starve to death and rich old "holy" men to prohibit birth control and cover up pedophilia. Why haven't his priests been smited yet?

Or do we each get our own god? In which case, I want the pope's god - the little children's gods need to be fired.

Your personal theistic creator is either an asshole or doesn't exist. So there's that.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 12 users Like Nurse's post