Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
Am I ok with there being a personal god? Of course. Is there evidence of a personal god? No.

[Image: Forgiveness.jpg]

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like microterf's post
28-11-2014, 12:41 PM
[Image: 8ywbrr.jpg]

[Image: wiraqo.jpg]

[Image: 29o4fba.jpg]

[Image: mv126g.png]

[Image: 34gk4mg.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I wanna fuck Jesus' hand hole.
28-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Kneel before Zod.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
28-11-2014, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2014 01:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.

First of all, you dumb ass, a "theistic creator" would be a creator that was a theist. As usual, your use of words betrays your profound ignorance. It could be a "theist's creator", but you didn't say that. A "theist" god is repetitive. It's like saying a godly god. "Theo" is the Greek word FOR a god, as in "theology", (the study of gods). A "theistic creator" is a creator that believes in gods.

the-ism
[thee-iz-uh m]
noun
1. the belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism ).
2. belief in the existence of a god or gods (opposed to atheism ).

Define "personal", then explain how that is consistent with "infinite".

The fact is the term "personal" is not consistent with your own deities' properties.
A "person" has (and is LIMITED by) a "personality". It's not "another person", or have "all personalities". "All personalities" (the only way your god can be both a person, and be "infinite", would be if it was a "race" or a "species" or some other set that is plural.

"Personal god" is simply anthropomorphism, AND an instance of the Special Pleading fallacy.

So yeah, I'm ok with it, just as soon as someone can tell me the how the idea is not all fucked up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Based on your reply in another thread, I gather you are familiarizing yourself with Pascal's wager - the whole what if I'm wrong? Here's some reasons as to why I think Christianity's personal savior/creator is retarded, in a fun little knock knock joke:

[Image: jesus2.png]

And then there's this also relevant meme:
[Image: 030-Intolerant-Assholes-650x650.jpg]

If I get my own personal creator, how do I upgrade? I realize I'm doing pretty well, considering I'm a white American and not a Ukranian orphan eating glue to stave off the hunger pains, or a Sudanese woman getting my lady bits cut off to promote 'modesty' and prevent 'sexual corruption' and subsequently getting brutally gang raped in a refugee camp, or born a black male in the 1890s American south getting tarred/feathered/and lynched for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or a Jew in nazi germany, or a child beheaded by ISIS - but I want to upgrade to being like Bill Gates rich. His soul must have performed some damn good fellatio when it was floating around deciding which body to be born into, granted he gets a D in the looks department - don't know what those other people did to piss off their creators, but damn they got fucked in the good life department.

Do I get to be reincarnated by my personal creator? That would be kinda cool.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
28-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Well, I have two personal atheist creators...my parents.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-11-2014, 02:10 PM
(28-11-2014 11:18 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  What? Huh what is a "personal theistic creator?" Like.... Each of us has someone who created us that believes in a diety? Aren't those just called.... Parents? Well I suppose I'd say yes I'm ok with that Rolleyes I have one myself after all. Of course one of my personal creators is not theistic. He's agnostic.

If you aren't mature enough to know what the term Personal theistic Creator is and means...then ill take a pass on dialoguing with you. Instead, google the term and come up to speed cause youre going to meet him as we all shall.
28-11-2014, 02:13 PM
(28-11-2014 12:31 PM)microterf Wrote:  Am I ok with there being a personal god? Of course. Is there evidence of a personal god? No.

[Image: Forgiveness.jpg]

What kind of evidence do you demand before you would believe in a personal God, AND, submit your life to him making him the authority of your life instead of you being on the throne of your life ? List the evidence ..and you would be willing to honor and bow before the Cosmos' Creator who would also be the Creator of your Soul, right ???
28-11-2014, 02:14 PM
(28-11-2014 01:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Based on your reply in another thread, I gather you are familiarizing yourself with Pascal's wager - the whole what if I'm wrong? Here's some reasons as to why I think Christianity's personal savior/creator is retarded, in a fun little knock knock joke:

[Image: jesus2.png]

And then there's this also relevant meme:
[Image: 030-Intolerant-Assholes-650x650.jpg]

If I get my own personal creator, how do I upgrade? I realize I'm doing pretty well, considering I'm a white American and not a Ukranian orphan eating glue to stave off the hunger pains, or a Sudanese woman getting my lady bits cut off to promote 'modesty' and prevent 'sexual corruption' and subsequently getting brutally gang raped in a refugee camp, or born a black male in the 1890s American south getting tarred/feathered/and lynched for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or a Jew in nazi germany, or a child beheaded by ISIS - but I want to upgrade to being like Bill Gates rich. His soul must have performed some damn good fellatio when it was floating around deciding which body to be born into, granted he gets a D in the looks department - don't know what those other people did to piss off their creators, but damn they got fucked in the good life department.

Do I get to be reincarnated by my personal creator? That would be kinda cool.

No. Ressurected whether you loved him or not. Ressurected in due time to obtain your just reward or punishment which was your choice while here on earth.