Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.

I can't even afford a personal trainer for the gym, and at least I have a rough idea of their bona fides!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
28-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Now you're trying to make up a new personal god to justify your shitty behavior?
I mean really, you bible thumpers go out and act like assholes with your own personal agendas, then point to your (insert book, scripture, etc.) that agrees with your point of view to cover your ass.
If you create a personal god for everyone, that god will have the exact same values and prejudices as their servant.
How convenient.
Congratulations, you have just deified yourself.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
28-11-2014, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2014 03:16 PM by TheGulegon.)
There's this book series called Lost Fleet. In it, 50,000 years in the future, the only "religion" left is a type of ancestor worship acknowledgement. So to show the crew of the Dauntless that he hasn't forgotten them, Captain Black Jack Geary goes to that special compartment of the ship! He sits in one of the booths, pulls the curtain for some privacy, and takes up the only 2 implements placed there: a lighter, and the candle it's used to light. Lights the candle (cause the mythology of the day is that the light shows your ancestors the way to your booth), and has a conversation with his ancestors. "Sorry I haven't spoken to you in so long! I've been busy. If you can, & if you have any advice to vision my way, help me get these sailors home! blah blah blah" But that's all it is! No worship, no holy book filled with nonsensical bullshit, no dogma, no rules that must be followed that are contrary to the morality of the times, etc...

Obviously, I wouldn't believe that my ancestors were watching, or that they'd be disappointed if I acted dishonorably, but I could deal with a religion as benign as that one! And ONLY one as benign as that one! All others can go to Hell! Texarkana! Laughat

28-11-2014, 04:06 PM
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.

So, let's say for the sake of argument, that everyone had their own god aka genie in a bottle in their back pocket.

Can you imagine the chaos and death, not just on this world, but on the universe as a whole ?

The earth and everyone on it would be gone. All matter throughout the universe would come undone because I would instruct my god to alter a few of the parameters in the physical laws. Ok, so you're all dead and your gods would soon follow. Since they were personal gods, once the person is gone, the god is moot.

Then I would put everything back the way it was except for the personal gods part.
I like to be the one in control.

I don't have a problem with it, but everyone else might have a different opinion.

A billion billion gods.....what could go wrong ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
28-11-2014, 04:21 PM
(28-11-2014 02:47 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  RESPONSE : Is your world that shallow that you don't get beyond insects, painted wooden planks and the like ? Havent you ever gone deep into the more profound and magnificent ? Is it necessary for you to take everything for granted to bolster your atheism, or, have you the gumption to look at a DNA molecule for example or whats required for Earth to be here based on over 100 razor edge precise Scientific confirmed Parameters all working in unison and to within mind boggling allowable deviances ? Surely youre not some sort of Robotic Person who just looks straight ahead capturing only what he wants to see, puts in his 40 at work, comes home to smoke a pipe in front of the fire , and empties his Mind culminating in a vegetative state ? This seems to be the typical stereotype of an Atheist because he could care less about everything...a genuine move into defeatism and hopelessness from thinking hes a glorified piece of Pond Scum .

List the 100 "razor edge parameters" and we'll just take a look at them, and talk about them.

All 100.
Or STFU.

Still waiting for you to address Dr. Szostack's chemistry.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-11-2014, 04:27 PM
(28-11-2014 02:13 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 12:31 PM)microterf Wrote:  Am I ok with there being a personal god? Of course. Is there evidence of a personal god? No.

[Image: Forgiveness.jpg]

What kind of evidence do you demand before you would believe in a personal God, AND, submit your life to him making him the authority of your life instead of you being on the throne of your life ? List the evidence ..and you would be willing to honor and bow before the Cosmos' Creator who would also be the Creator of your Soul, right ???

What kind of evidence do I need? Simple.

Have your special fella, Mr. God, meet me at the Starbucks on 4th and Madison here in Portland, Oregon at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon. Coffee's on me.

Afterward I'll drive him over to the Oregon Health Science University which has been working on a cure for cancer for decades. Mr. God can cure all the cancer patients in the hospital in one fell swoop, cause he's god.

After that, we fly over to Africa, again the ticket is on me, and he can cure all the starvation, disease and pestilence there.

If he shows up and cures the aforementioned pain and horrors I listed then......god exists. If not..........he doesn't exist and is just as imaginary as the thousands of other gods people believed in over the centuries.

I'll be waiting.

Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-11-2014, 04:33 PM
If he is ok with me not believing in him, sure. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
28-11-2014, 04:39 PM
(28-11-2014 04:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 02:13 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  What kind of evidence do you demand before you would believe in a personal God, AND, submit your life to him making him the authority of your life instead of you being on the throne of your life ? List the evidence ..and you would be willing to honor and bow before the Cosmos' Creator who would also be the Creator of your Soul, right ???

What kind of evidence do I need? Simple.

Have your special fella, Mr. God, meet me at the Starbucks on 4th and Madison here in Portland, Oregon at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon. Coffee's on me.

Afterward I'll drive him over to the Oregon Health Science University which has been working on a cure for cancer for decades. Mr. God can cure all the cancer patients in the hospital in one fell swoop, cause he's god.

After that, we fly over to Africa, again the ticket is on me, and he can cure all the starvation, disease and pestilence there.

If he shows up and cures the aforementioned pain and horrors I listed then......god exists. If not..........he doesn't exist and is just as imaginary as the thousands of other gods people believed in over the centuries.

I'll be waiting.

Drinking Beverage

You forgot about my winning lottery ticket. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
28-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Re: Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
Null question.

If anyone had proof, there would be one religion. No nonbelievers, no alternative religions, and no sects/denominations.

What would it take? What proof do I need?
I don't know, but a god would know.

And how would a creator obfuscate its "proof" and then blame its own creations for not knowing better?
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
28-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Would members here be alright with your own personal need for delusion inside your own mind?
Sure. As long as you dont force the idea on others.
You cannot bother me with your own little thoughts anymore than I can bother you with mine.

Really the question was rather pointless....buuut......if you're just dying for acceptance here, then I guess I can understand.

Cheers

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.