Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ?

Have a problem with it? No, I am it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-11-2014, 05:54 PM
(28-11-2014 02:14 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 01:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Based on your reply in another thread, I gather you are familiarizing yourself with Pascal's wager - the whole what if I'm wrong? Here's some reasons as to why I think Christianity's personal savior/creator is retarded, in a fun little knock knock joke:

[Image: jesus2.png]

And then there's this also relevant meme:
[Image: 030-Intolerant-Assholes-650x650.jpg]

If I get my own personal creator, how do I upgrade? I realize I'm doing pretty well, considering I'm a white American and not a Ukranian orphan eating glue to stave off the hunger pains, or a Sudanese woman getting my lady bits cut off to promote 'modesty' and prevent 'sexual corruption' and subsequently getting brutally gang raped in a refugee camp, or born a black male in the 1890s American south getting tarred/feathered/and lynched for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or a Jew in nazi germany, or a child beheaded by ISIS - but I want to upgrade to being like Bill Gates rich. His soul must have performed some damn good fellatio when it was floating around deciding which body to be born into, granted he gets a D in the looks department - don't know what those other people did to piss off their creators, but damn they got fucked in the good life department.

Do I get to be reincarnated by my personal creator? That would be kinda cool.

No. Ressurected whether you loved him or not. Ressurected in due time to obtain your just reward or punishment which was your choice while here on earth.

[Image: 084-MFW-Im-going-to-hell-650x365.jpg]

Don't think - just follow blindly, right? Honestly, I find the metaphor of being a sheep fitting.

An eternal punishment for using my "god given" brain and questioning a book written by a bunch of Bronze Age shepherds is appropriate. Not. The idea that I can live a life as a shitty person and then ask forgiveness on my deathbed but really twuly mean it and get to live forever and ever and ever and walk on gold streets and blah blah blah is laughable at best. That a god would allow pieces of shit pedophiles in heaven who "believe in him" and beg forgiveness, and then say "hold up there, Nurse, you ask too many questions. Doesn't matter that your life's work was helping others - go burn for eternity" is kinda messed up, no?

LOVE ME OR DIE. Sounds like an abusive relationship to me.
Your God must be camera shy - he picked quite a technologically challenged society to burn their bushes and with whom to present himself. I need evidence, not hearsay. And even then, he's got some 'splainin' to do not just for the horrors I've seen but the atrocities committed in his name. Yahweh asking us to love him is on par with asking Jews to profess their love of Hitler.

I call shenanigans.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
28-11-2014, 08:20 PM
(28-11-2014 02:13 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 12:31 PM)microterf Wrote:  Am I ok with there being a personal god? Of course. Is there evidence of a personal god? No.

[Image: Forgiveness.jpg]

What kind of evidence do you demand before you would believe in a personal God, AND, submit your life to him making him the authority of your life instead of you being on the throne of your life ? List the evidence ..and you would be willing to honor and bow before the Cosmos' Creator who would also be the Creator of your Soul, right ???

So its get on your knees then? Know you fucking place? I won't speak for anyone else but I don't think much of anything would convince me to bend knee to anyone. You might call that arrogance but I call it dignity. At any rate any god that demands or even expects worship does not deserve it.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
28-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I don't have faith in the lack of a God; I simply haven't been presented with any evidence for the existence of a deity of any sort. If I tell you there are unicorns living in the woods near my house, and you ask for evidence to support that statement, how would you feel if I told you that you just need to have faith that the unicorns exist based solely on my say-so? You would probably think I am delusional, and say that unless I can provide some kind of evidence, you cannot assume that what I say is true.

If you cannot relate to the unicorn-in-the-woods analogy, let's try something more relevant. Look at the thousands of deities that humans have believed in over the course of known human history. Doubtless, there are many, many more whose names have been long since forgotten because they were never recorded. Out of all of those deities, you believe in only one. Why do you not believe in all of the others? After all, some of those gods still have loyal followers who swear that those gods are as real as the computer in front of you right now. But of course, they have no more evidence of their gods than you do of yours. It is this lack of evidence that keeps you from believing in them, and makes you say that they are only false gods while yours is the only real one. You do not believe in that which you cannot see or experience, so why should I?

How about bigfoot?

“my belief is based on very strong and credible direct testimony from reliable eyewitnesses” .... mmm, wait, no actually it's not. What you mean to say is My belief is based on the copies of the translations of the copies of the translations of the copies of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of a tale that may or may not have been originally told by apostles who may or may not actually have ever existed and may or may not have witnessed the events and may or may not have told them accurately"

Why is it that you believe claims which have overwhelming, almost conclusive, evidence against them and very weak circumstantial historical evidence for them, but you don't believe claims which have only somewhat strong evidence against them, and confirmed eyewitness testimony of interviewable witnesses as evidence for them?

For example, why don't you believe in bigfoot?
Unlike the resurrection, which violates absolutely everything we know about almost every branch of science, the existence of bigfoot doesn't violate the laws of physics, doesn't violate the laws of chemistry, it just seems to violate some of what we know about biology. Furthermore, unlike the resurrection, which is supported by the copy of the translation of the copy of the translation of multiple layers of verbal hearsay by anonymous sources, the existence of bigfoot is supported by direct eyewitnesses alive today, with names, addresses, social security numbers, etc. You yourself can go and interview a bigfoot expert who has seen bigfoot multiple times, and he will share the first hand eyewitness testimony with you directly.

It seems that if you were in the business of believing unlikely stuff and were gonna be consistent rather than biased, there are loads of claims which, though unlikely, are several orders of magnitude more probable than a 30AD flying corpse…like bigfoot

I even have a pic of bigfoot, can you provide me a picture of god?

[Image: a5kduq.png]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-11-2014, 08:36 PM
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Is your world that shallow that you don't get beyond insects, painted wooden planks and the like ?

Yes, quite often. I love to marvel at the reality around myself as well as drifting off into flights of fancy. Reading various forms of literature and watching movies of certain types is enjoyable to myself as well. So I do not see the world (Or my view of it) as shallow at all.

(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Haven't you ever gone deep into the more profound and magnificent?

Isn;t this kind of a repeat of the previous question?

(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Is it necessary for you to take everything for granted to bolster your atheism,

You're making an assumption that I (Or others,) actually DO take everything or granted, aren't' you?

(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  .... Or, have you the gumption to look at a DNA molecule for example...

I offered alternatives to your 'profound' DNA comment before. As well as pointing out the horrors that can ensue from errors in said DNA.

(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  .... Or whats required for Earth to be here based on over 100 razor edge precise Scientific confirmed Parameters all working in unison and to within mind boggling allowable deviance's ?

Citation needed, please.

Or are you referring to the ball of fusion that wants to cook us? Or the celestial billiard game where-in any random rock (Look at the video of the small explosion over Russia) wants to careen into the planet? Please, offer your evidence examples. I've offered two of mine.

(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Surely you're not some sort of Robotic Person who just looks straight ahead capturing only what he wants to see, puts in his 40 at work, comes home to smoke a pipe in front of the fire , and empties his Mind culminating in a vegetative state ?

Oh.. to be able to work ONLY a 40 hour week! Some people have it lucky! (Que Monty Python sketch of "Back in my day" here. Tongue ) So... not really a good reflection of what other people might do presented here.

(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  This seems to be the typical stereotype of an Atheist because he could care less about everything...a genuine move into defeatism and hopelessness from thinking hes a glorified piece of Pond Scum .

Again, more seeming baseless assertion which would seem you seek nothing more than ti 'get a rise' out of people than engage in discussion. Consider

Please reply and show me wrong.

Much cheers to all.
28-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I think perhaps our little friend has been surfing this page...I could be wrong, same mumbo jumbo Rolleyes

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/te-cr.htm

oh the twisty turns they must go through to try to come to terms with their faith in the face of superior contrary evidence Laugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
28-11-2014, 08:41 PM
(28-11-2014 08:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  For example, why don't you believe in bigfoot? ... I even have a pic of bigfoot, can you provide me a picture of god?

Sadly and much to my dismay, yes. Weeping
[Image: sasquatch.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-11-2014, 08:43 PM
(28-11-2014 08:40 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I think perhaps our little friend has been surfing this page...I could be wrong, same mumbo jumbo Rolleyes

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/te-cr.htm

oh the twisty turns they must go through to try to come to terms with their faith in the face of superior contrary evidence Laugh out load

It really is stunning sometimes. Facepalm
28-11-2014, 08:45 PM
(28-11-2014 08:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 08:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  For example, why don't you believe in bigfoot? ... I even have a pic of bigfoot, can you provide me a picture of god?

Sadly and much to my dismay, yes. Weeping

Lemme guess, this is you last year dressed as the baby New Year. Laugh out loadTongue
28-11-2014, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2014 08:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-11-2014 08:45 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 08:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sadly and much to my dismay, yes. Weeping

Lemme guess, this is you last year dressed as the baby New Year. Laugh out loadTongue

Don't make me break out the fundoshi on your ass.
[Image: man.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post