Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
(28-11-2014 08:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 08:45 PM)pablo Wrote:  Lemme guess, this is you last year dressed as the baby New Year. Laugh out loadTongue

Don't make me break out the fundoshi on your ass.

No! Not that! Ohmy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 08:53 PM
(28-11-2014 08:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  How about bigfoot?

“my belief is based on very strong and credible direct testimony from reliable eyewitnesses” .... mmm, wait, no actually it's not. What you mean to say is My belief is based on the copies of the translations of the copies of the translations of the copies of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of a tale that may or may not have been originally told by apostles who may or may not actually have ever existed and may or may not have witnessed the events and may or may not have told them accurately"
h is supported by the copy of the translation of the copy of the translation of multiple layers of verbal hearsay by anonymous sources, the existence of bigfoot is supported by direct eyewitnesses alive

I even have a pic of bigfoot, can you provide me a picture of god?

[Image: a5kduq.png]

[Image: File:Cima_da_Conegliano,_God_the_Father.jpg]

Checkmate Christians!

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
28-11-2014, 09:07 PM
It would be amazing if a benevolent loving God existed as imagined by many. How great would that be? However, there clearly isn't. There may be beings that exist in this universe that are infinitely more powerful than us by comparison, and at that point you could have a debate about what qualifies as a "God." However, with the evidence and universe standing as-is, there is not a personal creator as described in the Bible, and if there is it's a psychopathic killer.
28-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Fuck no I'm not ok with it. Look how bad they fucked it up. They better be ready to answer, and take it up the ass.
28-11-2014, 09:56 PM
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.

Lol wut?

*sigh* I wish we had more theists like KC. He is dead wrong but at least he knows what English is and how to use it. He's also a loveable guy and not an asshole posting Word Salads so compete reading them packs on actual calories.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
28-11-2014, 10:21 PM
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.

In the abstract? I'd be fine with it, DEPENDING on the details you said to ignore. Just the mere existence of a creator deity that is person-like in some way and which occasionally intervenes in the world, that's no skin off my nose if those interventions don't harm anyone. The devil, so to speak, would be in the details (eg, things like eternal torture for those not lucky enough to be born in a time and place where they'd be brought up to believe).

But also, I regard your question as utterly irrelevant. It's true if it's true and it isn't if it isn't and how we feel about it won't change whether it is true in either direction. I'd much rather focus on identifying good ways of determining if it is true, and then determining whether it is true (and it really seems to me that it ain't), and sorting out how I feel about it after I know what it is that I'm feeling about.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
28-11-2014, 10:54 PM

I try to adhere to reality as much as possible, so no I wouldn't if such a thing did exist, but it doesn't exists and that's why I do have a problem with those who conceive of such a thing and constantly try to get me to believe without evidence.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
28-11-2014, 11:03 PM
(28-11-2014 02:14 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  No. Ressurected whether you loved him or not. Ressurected in due time to obtain your just reward or punishment which was your choice while here on earth.

If your supposed god goes to the trouble of deliberately reassembling the rotted-away neural networks of the dead solely for the purpose of reanimating and judging them, it becomes 100% responsible for all consequences of that action. It's an atrocity akin to digging up a dead kitten that peed on the rug, bringing it back to life, and throwing it on the barbie for 1,000,000,000+ years, not allowing it to die a peaceful death because you're still mad about that rug.

If you would not tolerate that kind of abuse from a mortal, why would you tolerate it from a god, who fucking well should know better than that?

Shame on you for worshipping evil and calling it good.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Astreja's post
28-11-2014, 11:14 PM
(28-11-2014 11:03 PM)Astreja Wrote:  If you would not tolerate that kind of abuse from a mortal, why would you tolerate it from a god, who fucking well should know better than that?

Shame on you for worshipping evil and calling it good.

[Image: orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
30-11-2014, 09:44 AM
We do have a creator god though he is Azathoth the a blind idiot god who is pretty much oblivious to us though he does have a will of his own. If you're looking for a personal deity though there are many of these who have over the ages communicated to humanity via the medium of dream, these have taken many shapes and forms through the ages and these are the Elder Gods or "Old Ones" and through them we were physically brought into being and to them owe our freedom of will. In the last couple of thousand years we have strayed from the path of true devotion to the Old Ones wasting our time on the disinterested creator of the universe or his various false messengers and prophets who taught what is contrary to our real human nature. The Old Ones embody vital existence and through them we will be elevated beyond the animal to the demoniacal, an eternity of life in the fullness of physical abundance is our true birthright.