Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: Would you be alright with a Personal Theistic Creator existing ?
We do have a creator god though he is Azathoth the a blind idiot god who is pretty much oblivious to us though he does have a will of his own. If you're looking for a personal deity though there are many of these who have over the ages communicated to humanity via the medium of dream, these have taken many shapes and forms through the ages and these are the Elder Gods or "Old Ones" and through them we were physically brought into being and to them owe our freedom of will. In the last couple of thousand years we have strayed from the path of true devotion to the Old Ones wasting our time on the disinterested creator of the universe or his various false messengers and prophets who taught what is contrary to our real human nature. The Old Ones embody vital existence and through them we will be elevated beyond the animal to the demoniacal, an eternity of life in the fullness of physical immortality in a new physical body. The new physical form will seem a little strange to us but we will grow accustomed to it.

[Image: deep_one_rising___2013_by_pahapasi-d725jha.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cthulhu's post
30-11-2014, 10:46 AM
(28-11-2014 02:49 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  RESPONSE : Is your world that shallow that you don't get beyond insects, painted wooden planks and the like ? Havent you ever gone deep into the more profound and magnificent ? Is it necessary for you to take everything for granted to bolster your atheism, or, have you the gumption to look at a DNA molecule for example or whats required for Earth to be here based on over 100 razor edge precise Scientific confirmed Parameters all working in unison and to within mind boggling allowable deviances ? Surely youre not some sort of Robotic Person who just looks straight ahead capturing only what he wants to see, puts in his 40 at work, comes home to smoke a pipe in front of the fire , and empties his Mind culminating in a vegetative state ? This seems to be the typical stereotype of an Atheist because he could care less about everything...a genuine move into defeatism and hopelessness from thinking hes a glorified piece of Pond Scum .

Still can't figure out that quote thing, but you understand the secrets of the universe. Right. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Whether I'd be ok with it or not would be irrelevant. It's like asking if I'd be ok with the planet being flat.
30-11-2014, 12:45 PM
(28-11-2014 11:04 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  If there is a personal Theistic Creator for our highly personal intelligence-based information-infused Creation Effects , attributes, and entities..... would you be alright with such a Creator existing (despite the many questions you may have as to why things happen the way they do , etc...) ? Just from the standpoint of a Personal Creator existing , do you have any problem with this ? Please explain one way or the other. Thanks.
It's a silly question
Would you be alright with a kiwi bird existing?
Would you be alright with big foot existing?

It's not about whether we are alright with it existing. If something exists then it exists.

No if the god exists and is as per described in the OT, has murdered and drown men, woman, children and assortment of other animals and plants, has massacred people at Sodom... Then this god would obviously be seen as a threat to humanity, we ought to build weapons to confine or destroy it.

But then if you say that physical weapons can't hurt god because god is not made of physical existence, then obviously we have nothing to worry about, god only exists in the imagination of superstitious people. It's only those people that we need to worry about.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
30-11-2014, 06:58 PM
I'll act as though the question is in good faith.

The existence or non-existence of a supernatural anthropomorphic immortal is a hypothesis about the universe. Either he exists, or he does not. My opinions and desires have no bearing on the matter.

Let's assume there was one. Would it bother me? No, I would be wrong. I'm wrong from time to time, it happens. And if there was proof of this I would change my mind. However no one has ever given me a compelling reason to believe that such an anthropomorphic immortal exists or ever did.
30-11-2014, 07:23 PM
[Image: IMG_71856690491396_zps8eac7751.jpeg]

My basic response to this question.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
30-11-2014, 07:40 PM
(30-11-2014 09:44 AM)Cthulhu Wrote:  The Old Ones embody vital existence and through them we will be elevated beyond the animal to the demoniacal, an eternity of life in the fullness of physical abundance is our true birthright.

Elevated from the animal to the demoniacal? Fascinating. Do you have any brochures?
30-11-2014, 07:49 PM
(30-11-2014 12:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But then if you say that physical weapons can't hurt god because god is not made of physical existence, then obviously we have nothing to worry about, god only exists in the imagination of superstitious people. It's only those people that we need to worry about.

I've always been puzzled by believers' assertions that their god is somehow "outside time and space," yet somehow manages to manipulate space-time without leaving any evidence of its meddling.

The existence of superstitious people is not nearly as puzzling, as they're usually very good about providing copious evidence of their own existence -- Usually by doing or saying something execrably stupid. I worry about them a lot, because IMO they've spent their life savings on the intellectual equivalent of mosquito-infested swamp land.
30-11-2014, 08:37 PM
If that personal creator were also a personal delusion, would you be ok with that as long as you get to talk to your god and have it answer you in your own mind ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
30-11-2014, 10:19 PM
It wouldn't make any difference whether I was happy with it or not... If it were true, I'd have to accept it.

Either way there'd be an all powerful dictatorship in control of everyone and everything, one who cannot be toppled or usurped. One who could instantly snuff you out of existence if his "plan" calls for it, or inflict unimaginable, unending torture upon you if you fall short of his demands.

It reduces humans to nothing more than pawns in a big game... Expendable, disposable and replaceable.

It depresses me that many people hope it is true.

I'm glad it isn't.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post