Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible...
... if it was rewritten to be more of an epic high fantasy novel?

Years ago I tried to read the entire bible by approaching it like a Tolkien novel, but it was just so uninteresting. You have magic, magical beings, global genocides, etc but it's not written well for any entertainment value.

HOWEVER I do see potential for it to be rewritten for it to be a proper epic high fantasy novel. So, with that in mind, would you be interested in reading it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
20-10-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible...
Now that I think about it, within this new model, I'd like to see it as a trilogy:

Old Testament (Torah), New Testament, Newer Testament (Quran). Perhaps maybe a smaller short story spin off to include the Newest Testament (Mormonism).

So with this new addition in mind, would you still be interested?
20-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Probably, have you read the Christ clone trilogy? is the apocalypse but much more epic Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
20-10-2012, 01:14 AM
The brick bible makes for a good read though not the complete book. I can't sit down and read it gotta go podcast personally. I can listen to someone else read the book but if I'm the one at the book the pages won't last. Considering Genesisalready completely turns me off by the hierarchy of life bullshit. Tolkien's books are a lot less bigoted.

And to give reference I can read stuff from Sumeria and greece just fine (though some writers like virgil are a pain to understand). So it's not about how old the book is.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-10-2012, 01:22 AM
(20-10-2012 12:24 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Now that I think about it, within this new model, I'd like to see it as a trilogy:

Old Testament (Torah), New Testament, Newer Testament (Quran). Perhaps maybe a smaller short story spin off to include the Newest Testament (Mormonism).

What about when JC went to England?

He went with his uncle Joe. I guess it was a camping trip or something - anyway, they went to Glastonbury Tor. Mmm... something about looking for tin... oh, I don't remember. Anyway, Joseph of Arimathea is mentioned in all the Gospels.

Oh, here we go. This might help put some things into perspective. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-10-2012, 09:17 AM
(20-10-2012 12:16 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  ... if it was rewritten to be more of an epic high fantasy novel?

Years ago I tried to read the entire bible by approaching it like a Tolkien novel, but it was just so uninteresting. You have magic, magical beings, global genocides, etc but it's not written well for any entertainment value.

HOWEVER I do see potential for it to be rewritten for it to be a proper epic high fantasy novel. So, with that in mind, would you be interested in reading it?

For me that sort of thing would have to be done right. I would like to see someone like Peter Jackson do the Bible like he did LOTR, but he would probably not do any research beyond the pagan bullshit that influences modern day Christianity.

[Image: logo2.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2012, 09:27 AM
(20-10-2012 01:22 AM)kim Wrote:  What about when JC went to England?

He went with his uncle Joe. I guess it was a camping trip or something - anyway, they went to Glastonbury Tor. Mmm... something about looking for tin... oh, I don't remember. Anyway, Joseph of Arimathea is mentioned in all the Gospels.

Sorry, just have to do this :

There was quite a nice bit on this hymn on one of the latest episode of QI (and they talked about uncle Joe, tooSmile)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-10-2012, 09:29 AM
(20-10-2012 09:17 AM)The Theist Wrote:  For me that sort of thing would have to be done right. I would like to see someone like Peter Jackson do the Bible like he did LOTR, but he would probably not do any research beyond the pagan bullshit that influences modern day Christianity.

Influenced? Really. I'm pretty sure it was direct apparent effort by Christians to include Pagan rituals, beliefs, celebrations and more in order to attract more converts. You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
20-10-2012, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:50 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-10-2012 12:24 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Now that I think about it, within this new model, I'd like to see it as a trilogy:

The Qu'ran has nothing to do with the other two.
They tried to "say" Allah is Yahweh...in fact Allah is a moon god, (Sin).
When they invented Muhammad, (who, just like Moses, and Jesus probably never existed), they asserted, "true to the usual form", that a "continuity" of revelation existed. A "pinhead" point, and I won't derail your thread. Tongue
I think the "other" Sumerian myths are more fun, than Genesis. However The New testament makes for a great REAL "conspiracy" book.
I have a new "friend", in the ocean. A dolphin who comes and surfs with me. I take her treats, and my puppy and she are friends. She would be a good "Leviathan". Levy The Leviathan.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Vera,

That was more than I could handle. Ugh!
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Are You Currently Reading? Mindprowler 677 21,706 20-07-2014 09:08 AM
Last Post: Escape Artist
  Bible Study? Cyvas 5 104 07-07-2014 02:28 PM
Last Post: Cyvas
  Please Donate To Reading Rainbow Kickstarter, Only 9 Days Left! WindyCityJazz 0 56 22-06-2014 06:39 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  "Christian Nation" f stop 2 165 22-02-2014 11:58 PM
Last Post: f stop
  Re-reading books BrokenQuill92 10 322 06-02-2014 12:31 AM
Last Post: Astreja
  Awkward Moments (not found in your average) Children's Bible GaëlK7 5 431 14-11-2013 11:32 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Bible Quotes that are actually Good The_Thinking_Theist 46 1,470 07-11-2013 08:13 PM
Last Post: The_Thinking_Theist