Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible...
(21-10-2012 09:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 09:00 AM)Vera Wrote:  I get it... so there will be a slightly electronic (for lack of better word) sound, won't there? Or am I imagining it every time I listen to an electronic instrument?

Regardless, it sounds like a much better/cheaper option for churches, where most people can't hear the difference anyway

No, you're not imagining the "electronic" sound of the prior generation of electronic organs. I always hated electronic organs also But no, these actually sound exactly like the originals, and don't have that "electronic" organ sound. The sound is a digital reproduction. Your ear can't hear the difference.

Ah, got it. That was quite informative and interesting.
(But for my part, I'll stick with enjoying the piano and the cello, and as many authentic older instruments as I can find being played on the InternetSmile)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Meh. Just read The Silmarillion. Same thing, but the names are easier to pronounce, and it's more entertaining.

Oh, and you don't have to sit there and go "Damn. And people really take this shite literally?"
[+] 1 user Likes Seek_Kolinahr's post
30-10-2012, 03:44 PM
(30-10-2012 03:21 PM)Seek_Kolinahr Wrote:  Meh. Just read The Silmarillion. Same thing, but the names are easier to pronounce, and it's more entertaining.

Oh, and you don't have to sit there and go "Damn. And people really take this shite literally?"

Also, characters are way handsomer. And more likeable. Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-11-2012, 02:29 PM
If someone rewrites the Bible as a fantasy novel, then I'll make a fan fic of it where Jesus goes to America. Maybe I'll include something about an ancient curse - that is always an attention-grabber. Also a new prophet whom no one will suspect. And angels. People like angels.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
"Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible"

Not really. It might make a good thing to put a plant on, maybe.
Why not just write a good book, and forget the bad old ancient ones about mean guys in the sky who require sacrifices,'n stuff ?
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
04-11-2012, 07:20 PM
(04-11-2012 02:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible"

Why not just write a good book, and forget the bad old ancient ones about mean guys in the sky who require sacrifices,'n stuff ?
Tongue
Didn't the Mormons already try that? And L. Ron?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 07:22 PM
(04-11-2012 07:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 02:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible"

Tongue
Didn't the Mormons already try that? And L. Ron?
No. I meant dump the whole thing. Write a good mystery. PD James is WAY more interesting.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
(20-10-2012 12:16 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  ... if it was rewritten to be more of an epic high fantasy novel?

Years ago I tried to read the entire bible by approaching it like a Tolkien novel, but it was just so uninteresting. You have magic, magical beings, global genocides, etc but it's not written well for any entertainment value.

HOWEVER I do see potential for it to be rewritten for it to be a proper epic high fantasy novel. So, with that in mind, would you be interested in reading it?
I thought it was fantastic enough? Unicorns, giants, zombies, war, death, plagues, fantastic stretches of weather, things which are impossible... isn't that pretty "fantasy novel" as it is?

Although it might be more interesting if it was like skyrim and jesus could fus roh dah stuff.