Would you choose life?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Would you choose life?
(01-12-2016 12:41 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 12:40 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  My life is only sunshine and rainbows.
Mine not.

Well, the good thing is you can work to change that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-12-2016, 01:25 PM
(01-12-2016 01:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 12:41 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Mine not.

Well, the good thing is you can work to change that.
Sure I can. Being successful in this endeavour is something different though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-12-2016, 01:32 PM
(01-12-2016 01:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, the good thing is you can work to change that.

I dunno. I think happiness can be found right where one is, provided one is not too picky. As an example I can spend my life yearning for... lots of money say... and being unsuccessful at getting it. I can live a long time like that. Or I can not care too much about money. I live the same life of not too much, but because I don't care about it, I'm happier. ETA: This is just me musing. I haven't the foggiest idea if it works or not Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
01-12-2016, 01:33 PM
(01-12-2016 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Sure I can. Being successful in this endeavour is something different though.

I dunno. I think happiness can be found right where one is, provided one is not too picky. As an example I can spend my life yearning for... lots of money say... and being unsuccessful at getting it. I can live a long time like that. Or I can not care too much about money. I live the same life of not too much, but because I don't care about it, I'm happier. ETA: This is just me musing. I haven't the foggiest idea if it works or not Tongue

But that's what I mean. You can change your outlook and/or your circumstances.
01-12-2016, 01:35 PM
(01-12-2016 01:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, the good thing is you can work to change that.

Sometimes it's all about attitude. If you stay in the negative, you're right, nothing will ever change.
01-12-2016, 01:35 PM
(01-12-2016 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Sure I can. Being successful in this endeavour is something different though.

It doesn't work for me. I'm not entirely unhappy with my life but there is much that I would like to change, with some things being beyond my ability to control.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-12-2016, 01:36 PM
(01-12-2016 01:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  I dunno. I think happiness can be found right where one is, provided one is not too picky. As an example I can spend my life yearning for... lots of money say... and being unsuccessful at getting it. I can live a long time like that. Or I can not care too much about money. I live the same life of not too much, but because I don't care about it, I'm happier. ETA: This is just me musing. I haven't the foggiest idea if it works or not Tongue

But that's what I mean. You can change your outlook and/or your circumstances.

Yup. A prisoner can be happy.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-12-2016, 01:36 PM
(30-11-2016 11:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Life is shit and then you die - were I capable of chosing then I wouldn't choose life. Nothing great about it, just long years filled with pain, disapointment and longing for what one can not have.

I wanted to be a full time musician. I became a full time musician.

I firmly believe life is what one makes of it. It takes effort and many expect it to be easy. Present company excluded of course.

Illness, death, these are but parts of a life. Early death is too. Nobody is immune, but we try to make the best of it.

The OP would never have considered his question had he or she not been alive to do so.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
01-12-2016, 01:38 PM
(01-12-2016 01:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 11:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Life is shit and then you die - were I capable of chosing then I wouldn't choose life. Nothing great about it, just long years filled with pain, disapointment and longing for what one can not have.

I wanted to be a full time musician. I became a full time musician.

I firmly believe life is what one makes of it. It takes effort and many expect it to be easy. Present company excluded of course.

Illness, death, these are but parts of a life. Early death is too. Nobody is immune, but we try to make the best of it.

The OP would never have considered his question had he or she not been alive to do so.

^This ^

Banjo, as I have told you before, you are my inspiration for living my dreams. Heart
01-12-2016, 01:39 PM
(01-12-2016 01:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Sometimes it's all about attitude. If you stay in the negative, you're right, nothing will ever change.

Sometimes it may be about attitude but I wager that I know enough about myself and my life to say that it isn't the case.

I don't buy such "positive" ideas - change your attitude and all gonna be allright. It won't be.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post