Would you choose life?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Would you choose life?
(01-12-2016 01:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I don't buy such "positive" ideas - change your attitude and all gonna be allright. It won't be.

It will be if you redefine what "alright" means Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 01:46 PM
(01-12-2016 01:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sometimes it's all about attitude. If you stay in the negative, you're right, nothing will ever change.

Sometimes it may be about attitude but I wager that I know enough about myself and my life to say that it isn't the case.

I don't buy such "positive" ideas - change your attitude and all gonna be allright. It won't be.

No, not change your attitude and everything will be A-okay. Change your attitude and it makes working for what you want much easier. If you have a negative attitude going into something, it makes it much harder to do whatever you are trying to do. You already put up a roadblock for yourself. Thinking in the positive makes dealing with your current situation much easier and allows you to better focus on where you are going. It also makes people want to be around you and believe in what you are doing--sometimes, they will even help you on your way to achieving your dreams.
01-12-2016, 01:47 PM
(01-12-2016 01:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 11:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Life is shit and then you die - were I capable of chosing then I wouldn't choose life. Nothing great about it, just long years filled with pain, disapointment and longing for what one can not have.

I wanted to be a full time musician. I became a full time musician.

I wanted to have simple office job. I don't for you have to have years of experience (gained where?) to be even considered. And it is far from greatest of my problems.

Quote: I firmly believe life is what one makes of it. It takes effort and many expect it to be easy. Present company excluded of course.

Being born in poor family in shitty country I didn't expect my life to be easy. I was right for it is not.

Quote: Illness, death, these are but parts of a life. Early death is too. Nobody is immune, but we try to make the best of it.

Sure. I've never* claimed otherwise.

*In this thread at least.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
01-12-2016, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 01:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-12-2016 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  I dunno. I think happiness can be found right where one is, provided one is not too picky. As an example I can spend my life yearning for... lots of money say... and being unsuccessful at getting it. I can live a long time like that. Or I can not care too much about money. I live the same life of not too much, but because I don't care about it, I'm happier. ETA: This is just me musing. I haven't the foggiest idea if it works or not Tongue

Sure it does. It's what our dear Lord and Savior and merchant of death and eternal torment and terror meant when he said it is easier for a an elephant to fit through a mousehole than a rich fatcat bastard to appreciate existence. You make your own heaven. You make your own hell. And nobody bleeds for the dancer. Bleed for the dancer.

#sigh
01-12-2016, 01:54 PM
(01-12-2016 01:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Sometimes it may be about attitude but I wager that I know enough about myself and my life to say that it isn't the case.

I don't buy such "positive" ideas - change your attitude and all gonna be allright. It won't be.

No, not change your attitude and everything will be A-okay. Change your attitude and it makes working for what you want much easier. If you have a negative attitude going into something, it makes it much harder to do whatever you are trying to do. You already put up a roadblock for yourself. Thinking in the positive makes dealing with your current situation much easier and allows you to better focus on where you are going. It also makes people want to be around you and believe in what you are doing--sometimes, they will even help you on your way to achieving your dreams.

I still don't buy it - no ammount of positive thinking will heal my eyes, nor my mother heart. No change of attitude will make Poland better place to live, without increasingly authoritarian government, foolish nationalists or oppresive priests and believers.

As for people I don't really want them around as I'm content with soltitude.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-12-2016, 01:54 PM
(01-12-2016 01:47 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I wanted to be a full time musician. I became a full time musician.

I wanted to have simple office job. I don't for you have to have years of experience (gained where?) to be even considered. And it is far from greatest of my problems.

Quote: I firmly believe life is what one makes of it. It takes effort and many expect it to be easy. Present company excluded of course.

Being born in poor family in shitty country I didn't expect my life to be easy. I was right for it is not.

Quote: Illness, death, these are but parts of a life. Early death is too. Nobody is immune, but we try to make the best of it.

Sure. I've never* claimed otherwise.

*In this thread at least.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Life is so different. To blame circumstance is IMO weak. Not that you do. I could blame running away as a kid, mum dying of MS, me getting cancer. I don't.

The world is a big place with plenty of room for choice. I have friends working all over the planet. It sucks where you are? Make a choice.

It'll either work out or not. What does one have to lose?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-12-2016, 01:56 PM
GM.

Give the fucking music videos a rest dude.

It's old. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-12-2016, 01:59 PM
My husband was a pessimist. If he had had his way, things would have never changed. I, on the other hand, go for everything I want to do.

I tell him I am starting a website. He says: What for, you can't make money online.
I do it anyway and make more money in a few years than he made all his life.

I tell him I want to tear the old ramshackle house down and build a new one. That one really freaked him out. I did it anyway and we both loved living in the new house. (I still do).

I was just barely starting to recover from undiagnosed Lyme disease and said I wanted two Great Danes. Oh horror, he says, you can't handle two huge animals like that. I do it anyway and they helped me to walk again - one to my left, one to my right, no way I could fall.

Those are the bigger things, but small things like that happened all the time.

So I say, Yes!!!, attitude can totally transform your life.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
01-12-2016, 02:02 PM
(01-12-2016 01:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  GM.

Give the fucking music videos a rest dude.

It's old. Wink

Can't help it. Even when I double dose the meds.

#sigh
01-12-2016, 02:02 PM
(01-12-2016 01:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  My husband was a pessimist. If he had had his way, things would have never changed. I, on the other hand, go for everything I want to do.

I tell him I am starting a website. He says: What for, you can't make money online.
I do it anyway and make more money in a few years than he made all his life.

I tell him I want to tear the old ramshackle house down and build a new one. That one really freaked him out. I did it anyway and we both loved living in the new house. (I still do).

I was just barely starting to recover from undiagnosed Lyme disease and said I wanted two Great Danes. Oh horror, he says, you can't handle two huge animals like that. I do it anyway and they helped me to walk again - one to my left, one to my right, no way I could fall.

Those are the bigger things, but small things like that happened all the time.

So I say, Yes!!!, attitude can totally transform your life.

[Image: 33294-dont-tell-me-what-I-cant-do-jo-Fsd4.jpeg]
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post