Would you choose life?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Would you choose life?
(02-12-2016 01:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Szuchow I think... you can go places Wink

But fair enough, maybe you can't. There are enough people I've seen who are totally fucked. Their chance of changing their circumstances in life is minimal. They have no money, no jobs... it's grinding poverty for them until they die. And yet... somehow a lot of these people that I've met are happy. In SA beggars stand at intersections - nearly every city intersection has a beggar. Some have lived there for years. No shelter, minimal food, shabby clothing... I talk to them sometimes... they're not sad. Well, not all the time. It's an extremely hard life. But they find their moments of happiness. And there are rich people who commit suicide because they are unhappy. So... happiness is definitely not totally a function of wealth. I think... it's worth trying to find the secret to being happy *right now* - not later at some vague point in the future.

I know it sounds like hippie bullshit. Sorry Tongue
It's not only money that make me unhappy. In fact I earn pretty good cash (for Polish standards), though costs of earning it are very high. There are numerous other issues that I have no wish talking about.

I realize that my posts might have sound whiny, but I get that world owes me nothing. My life is more shitty thang good but that's the lot that I drew in cosmic lottery so I have to deal with it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 10:20 AM
(02-12-2016 07:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 01:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Szuchow I think... you can go places Wink

But fair enough, maybe you can't. There are enough people I've seen who are totally fucked. Their chance of changing their circumstances in life is minimal. They have no money, no jobs... it's grinding poverty for them until they die. And yet... somehow a lot of these people that I've met are happy. In SA beggars stand at intersections - nearly every city intersection has a beggar. Some have lived there for years. No shelter, minimal food, shabby clothing... I talk to them sometimes... they're not sad. Well, not all the time. It's an extremely hard life. But they find their moments of happiness. And there are rich people who commit suicide because they are unhappy. So... happiness is definitely not totally a function of wealth. I think... it's worth trying to find the secret to being happy *right now* - not later at some vague point in the future.

I know it sounds like hippie bullshit. Sorry Tongue

You are right. I have been on the extremes of the spectrum - rich and poor - and actually I have much better memories of being poor. Nothing left to lose can be very liberating and lets you enjoy the moment and appreciate everything. Rich gets old soon.

I've been poor but not rich. I can't say that I have good memories of time when money were issue. Not having enough cash to buy food for next day isn't liberating or in any way positive. Or maybe it's just I who don't see any upside to poverty.

Quote: While no one wants strife in their lives, I think we are genetically programmed for it, for carving out our existence. Money is not the answer. Fulfillment is.

You may think me shallow but I think that money are the answer or at least thing that makes life good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-12-2016, 01:49 PM
(02-12-2016 10:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's not only money that make me unhappy. In fact I earn pretty good cash (for Polish standards), though costs of earning it are very high. There are numerous other issues that I have no wish talking about.

I realize that my posts might have sound whiny, but I get that world owes me nothing. My life is more shitty thang good but that's the lot that I drew in cosmic lottery so I have to deal with it.

Sorry man Undecided I get also that well-off bastards telling you to cheer up is hardly helpful. Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-12-2016, 02:18 PM
(02-12-2016 01:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 10:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's not only money that make me unhappy. In fact I earn pretty good cash (for Polish standards), though costs of earning it are very high. There are numerous other issues that I have no wish talking about.

Sorry man Undecided I get also that well-off bastards telling you to cheer up is hardly helpful. Hug

It's not your fault so you don't have anything to be sorry about.

As for all this cheer up thing I indeed don't like this. I get the good intention behind this but for me it look like: "don't want be poor? Get rich". To cheer up I need reason.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post