Would you choose to be born??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Would you choose to be born??
Knowing what you know now about the lack of afterlife, would you choose to be born if given the chance? When I was a teenager, my mom would get mad at me for doing something stupid, and I would tell her that she forced me here, so don't get mad at me. Since everyone is forced here by needy adults, that want a doll to control for 18 years, would you allow yourself to be forced here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Would you choose to be born??
I would have chosen to be born, but to parents who were free thinking atheists.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't say that's the real description of why parents want children but nevertheless, I would choose to be born. After all no matter what happens during the life you're not going to regret it when you're dead, because you wont know. Think of it like a brief moment of conscience, I mean we all have good and bad moments, but at least we get to experience something before that moment closes again.

Then again we do have to listen to them religious folk and that may make me re consider whether I want to be born XD
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Yeah I would choose to be born. You almost make it sound like life isn't worth the hassle haha

Justin
11-02-2012, 11:50 PM
If it were as you say, that we know what we will be, then Ed without hesitation. Only because I have made the most wonderful little girl that has ever been. I would never take that back no matter what.
If she had never happened then my answer becomes no. Without her I would rather not have had to go through the things I have nor the things I will. She is my light.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
11-02-2012, 11:58 PM
remember, you would have to go through everything the same. you dont get to pick different parents. you would still believe in god all over again until you converted later in life. would you do it? If you are confused which way to go, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFoo5Vh8i0c
12-02-2012, 12:02 AM
(11-02-2012 11:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If it were as you say, that we know what we will be, then Ed without hesitation. Only because I have made the most wonderful little girl that has ever been. I would never take that back no matter what.
If she had never happened then my answer becomes no. Without her I would rather not have had to go through the things I have nor the things I will. She is my light.

This is really sweet u dont hear people talk about there kids like this anymore. This reminded me of the song blue does by blue october
12-02-2012, 12:02 AM
(11-02-2012 11:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If it were as you say, that we know what we will be, then Ed without hesitation. Only because I have made the most wonderful little girl that has ever been. I would never take that back no matter what.
Don't you feel guilty that you forced a baby in the world and now she will have to live 80 years of life for your enjoyment. Once you tell her there is no god, then she will realize what a putz you were for forcing her here when she was just fine not existing.
12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Not everyone hates life. Just because there is no god, doesn't mean we can't enjoy what we have.

(12-02-2012 12:02 AM)satan69 Wrote:  
Don't you feel guilty that you forced a baby in the world and now she will have to live 80 years of life for your enjoyment. Once you tell her there is no god, then she will realize what a putz you were for forcing her here when she was just fine not existing.
12-02-2012, 12:11 AM
I would have choosen not to be born but that because i feel i havnt yet done anything great to make it worth living. The reason i keep breathing is because i dont want to hurt my family. I have tired suicide 7 times but yet still om living. I live because well i dont know. I just hope that when im done in college for social work i will help many kid and that would make my living worth something. But at this moment in time im a waste of space and air