Would you claim a god doesn't exist for sure?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Would you claim a god doesn't exist for sure?
(23-12-2014 01:52 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 01:43 PM)Ace Wrote:  if it can't be proven to exist, then how is it any different from it not existing ?

they can't even define gods properties without invoking a paradox

omnipotence.... can god lift a rock so heavy that even he can't lift then ?
omniscience....... god tells me I will die from eating noodles tonight, I don't eat noodles tonight and therefore don't die because of it, therefore his prediction fails, certain predictions will always fail to happen simply by knowing whats gonna happen
omni benevolence....... chickenpox, ebola, swin flu, bird flu, Justin Bieber (need I say more)
omni present.................. can god stay in one place without being in every place ? or can god move to a place when he's already at that place ?

is there any other omni thingy left ?

I have yet to see a single definition for god that is actually coherent, so unless they can rigorously define god then we get to kill him by using nothing but logic

if its incoherent and paradoxical then what their saying can' exist

Omnipotence: God is above logic, so yes.
Omniscience: Once again, God is above logic.
Omnibenevolence: I see no reason to believe that God has this attribute.

how does that solve the paradoxes ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 02:11 PM
(23-12-2014 12:35 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  So many that i have talked to on other sites speak of how they know a god doesn't exist
I don't agree or disagree as i honestly don't know. But isn't wrong to say you "Know" a god exists just like it's wrong to say you "Don't know a god exists?" Because in reality we can say we know but we haven't yet to die and figure it out sure more evidence supports this to be not possible, however we can't say for sure can we?
On your half, would you ever say for sure if a god did or didn't exist?
I feel as if i wouldn't because i feel like i couldn't ever know for sure.
Please give a "Why or why not do you think or don't think it's possible to claim if a god fully exists or not"

Because of all the hundreds and thousands of different supposed gods that have come and gone throughout human history- and not one of them ever proven to actually exist as a deity- there is absolutely no evidence to support a positive claim that God exists, and no evidence to support a claim that any god could possibly exist.

When all available evidence- or lack thereof- points to absolute non-existence, then the intellectually honest thing to say according to the current state of our knowledge is that God does not exist.

Anything short of that must have some evidence to support it, and that includes any statement that says "it's possible."

It's only possible when there is evidence or solid reasoning to support it.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
23-12-2014, 02:14 PM
It's possible a teapot is orbiting the sun.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 02:17 PM
(23-12-2014 12:35 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  So many that i have talked to on other sites speak of how they know a god doesn't exist
I don't agree or disagree as i honestly don't know. But isn't wrong to say you "Know" a god exists just like it's wrong to say you "Don't know a god exists?" Because in reality we can say we know but we haven't yet to die and figure it out sure more evidence supports this to be not possible, however we can't say for sure can we?
Please give a "Why or why not do you think or don't think it's possible to claim if a god fully exists or not"

Because of all the hundreds and thousands of different supposed gods that have come and gone throughout human history- and not one of them ever proven to actually exist as a deity- there is absolutely no evidence to support a positive claim that God exists, and no evidence to support a claim that any god could possibly exist.

When all available evidence- or lack thereof- points to absolute non-existence, then the intellectually honest thing to say according to the current state of our knowledge is that God does not exist.

Anything short of that must have some evidence to support it, and that includes any statement that says "it's possible."

It's only possible when there is evidence or solid reasoning to support it. If there is no evidence, then claiming it to still be possible seems unreasonable to me.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
23-12-2014, 02:19 PM
(23-12-2014 02:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's possible a teapot is orbiting the sun.
The sun? That teapot gets around.....slut.
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
23-12-2014, 02:35 PM
(23-12-2014 01:52 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  God is above logic

Omnidementia, one of The AllMighty's less-touted attributes.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
23-12-2014, 02:42 PM
(23-12-2014 02:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's possible a teapot is orbiting the sun.

All of them are.

Unless Pioneer or Voyager have some, but I don't think any got stowed, owing to their not being needed (or, more accurately, not foreseen to being needed).
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
23-12-2014, 02:43 PM
(23-12-2014 01:04 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  First thing anyone needs to define is what they mean by 'god'.
Without a definition as reference all conversation or debate is rather pointless.

God as in the christian god
i don't think a debate is pointless heck most iv'e met get the point of what you're aiming at when you say god. But just so you know the christian god is what i'm basically pointing at. You know the all powerful apparently all knowing. Drinking Beverage
23-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Of course not. I am God.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-12-2014, 02:50 PM
(23-12-2014 02:17 PM)Free Wrote:  

It's only possible when there is evidence or solid reasoning to support it. If there is no evidence, then claiming it to still be possible seems unreasonable to me.

I'll state again i'm agnostic however i can't say everything can be proven because in a sense even we know that already. It's kinda twisted in saying that however it's how i honestly see it. I don't think anythings that good of a point without evidence though Undecided so don't get me wrong. I can hear it now everyone going (You're nuts to me behind there breath Drinking Beverage I honestly, enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts though i just can't rap my head around saying Yes or no to something for sure.