Would you claim a god doesn't exist for sure?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: Would you claim a god doesn't exist for sure?
(23-12-2014 02:42 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's possible a teapot is orbiting the sun.

All of them are.

Unless Pioneer or Voyager have some, but I don't think any got stowed, owing to their not being needed (or, more accurately, not foreseen to being needed).

Oh. I never thought of it that way. Facepalm
Of course they are. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 02:55 PM
(23-12-2014 01:24 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 12:35 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  So many that i have talked to on other sites speak of how they know a god doesn't exist
I don't agree or disagree as i honestly don't know. But isn't wrong to say you "Know" a god exists just like it's wrong to say you "Don't know a god exists?"

It depends on how you define the god in question.

If you say "Zeus is a physical being that lives at the top of Mount Olympus", we can prove that wrong pretty easily.

If you say "YHWH is an invisible, undetectable entity that used magical powers to create the universe, then changed the evidence to make it look like he didn't", that can't even begin to be addressed in any meaningful way. It's just a particular flavor or Last Thursdayism.

True, to the 2d one.
Not so much the the 1st because actually as silly as it can be we can say we don't see him on top of a mountain but we can't say he doesn't exist, maybe he doesn't to the human eye. (I don't agree with that statement however it still holds a silly possibility)
23-12-2014, 02:57 PM
[quote='Bucky Ball' pid='705877' dateline='1419365683']
It's possible a teapot is orbiting the sun.
[/quo

Nope, it'd brake with the heat of the sun
Evil_monster bwahhaha
nah, theirs no teapot. however, hey if there was i wonder what flavor it'd be Big Grin
23-12-2014, 03:02 PM
(23-12-2014 01:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 01:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  According to whom?

Dildo,
When you get big and go to school you'll be able to take a class and learn about these complicated things. Now run along and play with your legos.

Please don't argue that's all i ask i don't like arguments Unsure
I don't know why you're arguing or whom you two are exactly but please just relax
it's only a question and a conversation, everyone has a right to disagree or agree in my eyes.
23-12-2014, 03:06 PM
(23-12-2014 02:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course not. I am God.

For a while i didn't understand that. now i do.
I agree <3
[+] 1 user Likes Autumnflowers's post
23-12-2014, 03:15 PM
(23-12-2014 02:43 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  God as in the christian god
i don't think a debate is pointless heck most iv'e met get the point of what you're aiming at when you say god. But just so you know the christian god is what i'm basically pointing at. You know the all powerful apparently all knowing. Drinking Beverage

A biblically literal god is impossible due to more than a few contradictions. It's tricky to maintain Divine Benevolence whilst simultaneously ordering the deaths of everybody who partakes of a cheeseburger.

A more liberal Christian Deity that glosses over those massive and glaring paradoxes is simply perverse. God is paramount to your being yet God is undetectable, thus God can only be known through Faith, which is a rejection of the very Reason that God purportedly bestowed upon us to elevate us above the beasts.

Of course, the entire notion loses credibility pretty rapidly when you realize that Christianity was cooked up by the very same culture that tied Christ to a stick and left him writhing in the sun. A certain somebody must whirl in his unmarked grave every time the phrase "Church of Rome" is uttered.

The only god that hasn't be proven to be utterly absurd is good old God of the Gaps, hiding out in the wilderness of human ignorance, its habitat as endangered as that of the Sumatran rhinoceros. Any deity thus defined is inconsequential and unworthy of any further consideration, much less worship.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
23-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Yes, there's nothing to indicate a god exists.

Frankly, I find the "Well, we can't really know FOR SURE" thing to be grating. Gods (namely, "current" ones) are the only obviously untrue thing where people bother to acknowledge the ridiculously minuscule chance they might be wrong and act like it matters.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
23-12-2014, 03:19 PM
(23-12-2014 03:15 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:43 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  God as in the christian god
i don't think a debate is pointless heck most iv'e met get the point of what you're aiming at when you say god. But just so you know the christian god is what i'm basically pointing at. You know the all powerful apparently all knowing. Drinking Beverage

A biblically literal god is impossible due to more than a few contradictions. It's tricky to maintain Divine Benevolence whilst simultaneously ordering the deaths of everybody who partakes of a cheeseburger.

A more liberal Christian Deity that glosses over those massive and glaring paradoxes is simply perverse. God is paramount to your being yet God is undetectable, thus God can only be known through Faith, which is a rejection of the very Reason that God purportedly bestowed upon us to elevate us above the beasts.

Of course, the entire notion loses credibility pretty rapidly when you realize that Christianity was cooked up by the very same culture that tied Christ to a stick and left him writhing in the sun. A certain somebody must whirl in his unmarked grave every time the phrase "Church of Rome" is uttered.

The only god that hasn't be proven to be utterly absurd is good old God of the Gaps, hiding out in the wilderness of human ignorance, its habitat as endangered as that of the Sumatran rhinoceros. Any deity thus defined is inconsequential and unworthy of any further consideration, much less worship.
What if we where reading it wrong?
or what if it's true but he's just a dick Laugh out load Tongue Big Grin that works to!
I don't know, but i like to question.
23-12-2014, 03:20 PM
(23-12-2014 02:57 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's possible a teapot is orbiting the sun.
nah, theirs no teapot. however, hey if there was i wonder what flavor it'd be Big Grin

Between solar flux at 1350 Watts per square meter and vacuum boiling one might expect it to be a wee bit strong. The term "tarry" springs to mind.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-12-2014, 03:21 PM
(23-12-2014 03:16 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Yes, there's nothing to indicate a god exists.

Frankly, I find the "Well, we can't really know FOR SURE" thing to be grating. Gods (namely, "current" ones) are the only obviously untrue thing where people bother to acknowledge the ridiculously minuscule chance they might be wrong and act like it matters.

What do you mean when you say "Gods (namely, "current" ones)"