Would you cock punch a presuppositional apologist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 05:39 AM
Would you cock punch a presuppositional apologist
There is nothing more frustrating or annoying than a presuppositional apologist so if you were in a magical position where there would be no consequences would you be tempted to cock punch one ? (this is a humorous post I am not actually advocating cock punching anyone so no flames please )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2015, 05:40 AM
RE: Would you cock punch a presuppositional apologist
Can I use my foot instead??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2015, 12:36 PM
(18-06-2015 05:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  There is nothing more frustrating or annoying than a presuppositional apologist so if you were in a magical position where there would be no consequences would you be tempted to cock punch one ? (this is a humorous post I am not actually advocating cock punching anyone so no flames please )

No. As frustrating as they can be, the only response they deserve is laughter and ridicule.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
18-06-2015, 01:18 PM
(18-06-2015 12:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  No. As frustrating as they can be, the only response they deserve is laughter and ridicule.

Agreed.

My preferred methods are:

1) Reject their stance before they take it. i.e. "There is no proof God exists that doesn't require presupposition".

2) Make an equally ridiculous claim back at them, presupposing it's true. This shows them how stupid their stance looks to nonbelievers, how trite and useless such observations are, and the overall folly of that approach. Warning: do not attempt unless you're willing to put up with much special pleading and gnashing of teeth.
18-06-2015, 02:01 PM
I would if they had one.

[img][Image: FB_IMG_1433457348906_zpsqxlwqyv4.jpg][/img]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
18-06-2015, 02:12 PM
(18-06-2015 05:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  There is nothing more frustrating or annoying than a presuppositional apologist so if you were in a magical position where there would be no consequences would you be tempted to cock punch one ? (this is a humorous post I am not actually advocating cock punching anyone so no flames please )

Why do presuppositionalist bother you anymore so than other forms of apologetics?
18-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Are you kidding me lol
18-06-2015, 02:49 PM
(18-06-2015 02:46 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Are you kidding me lol

I don't know much about it, particularly what distinguishes one form of apologetics from the other, at least in regards to why one form is anymore annoying than the other. When you posted this, I had to look it up in wikipedia.

I think I have an idea of what you're referring to. But I'm not sure why it's any more irritating than any other form of Christian apologetics?
18-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Check out the podcast where Matt Dillahunty debates a guy called Sye Tenbruggencate its in the TTA podcast archive trust me you will facepalm yourself to death
18-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Well if I state in advance that I definitely would, does that not make me presuppositional also? I probably would.