Would you cock punch a presuppositional apologist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: Would you cock punch a presuppositional apologist
(18-06-2015 02:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 02:46 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Are you kidding me lol

I don't know much about it, particularly what distinguishes one form of apologetics from the other, at least in regards to why one form is anymore annoying than the other. When you posted this, I had to look it up in wikipedia.

I think I have an idea of what you're referring to. But I'm not sure why it's any more irritating than any other form of Christian apologetics?

You're right. It is one and the same, just worded differently.

All apologetics are obviously presuppositional. Otherwise they wouldn't need to apologize for the funny logic.

No cock punch required. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Today I would. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-06-2015, 12:11 AM
This is assuming that the presuppositionalist is a male.
If not, there's always;

[Image: 2345799720_3e1394f114.jpg]

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
19-06-2015, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2015 06:31 AM by adey67.)
Tomasia. While technically it could be argued that all apologetics are presuppositional perhaps the most striking feature of presups is the assertion that every one even atheists know that god exists. I believe that there are differences within christian apologetics otherwise why bother categorizing them with a name. To me to say otherwise is like saying there's no difference between a roller skate and a Lamborghini because they both have 4 wheels. I started this thread after listening to the debate between Matt Dillahunty and Sye Tenbruggencate during which I nearly facepalmed myself into intensive care, I admit it's possible I'm totally wrong as i am not an academic but however you cut it apologists are uber irritating and this is supposed to be a humorous thread just a bit of fun a way to vent steam but I guess there are always going to be those who wish to score points and nitpick that's the nature of forums and just how things are.
19-06-2015, 04:14 AM
That last sentence in my previous post was not directed at you btw
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-06-2015, 06:16 AM
(18-06-2015 02:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Why do presuppositionalist bother you anymore so than other forms of apologetics?

Presuppositional apologetics is all fine and dandy when you're talking to other believers. If everyone in the discussion assumes God exists a priori, then you can move past that, and start discussing other things. Those things will presuppose God's existence.

Now, if you're not talking to believers, presuppositional apologetics are useless to them. This goes doubly true when trying to use them to prove God (yes, I've seen this in action more than once). It's blatant circular reasoning*. It doesn't mean it's wrong, but it certainly means it's not compelling.

* Fun fact: I once had someone ask me on Facebook "what's wrong with circular reasoning?" after I shot down his argument.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
19-06-2015, 06:27 AM
Shoot them all down and sort them out on the ground. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-06-2015, 05:32 PM
(18-06-2015 03:08 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Check out the podcast where Matt Dillahunty debates a guy called Sye Tenbruggencate....

Every time I hear Sye's name I cringe a little inside expecting the forums #1 Sye supporter/cock sucker to show up like using his name is a kinda bat signal for that asshat. *shudder*

Anyway on topic:

No I would not INSTIGATE the use of force on anyone...however if I ever found myself in a debate with Sye specifically I would do my damnedest, my absolute damnedest, to troll that stupid shitbird to the point he tries to take a swing at me.

Oh what a lovely day!

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
19-06-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm not as refined as some of you.

He's getting cock punched, and while I'm at it, Wendy Wright is getting that arrogant smug slapped off her stupid face.
20-06-2015, 02:09 AM
(19-06-2015 06:02 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I'm not as refined as some of you.

He's getting cock punched, and while I'm at it, Wendy Wright is getting that arrogant smug slapped off her stupid face.

Or maybe take Wendy Wright by the ankles and beat Sye Bruggencate to death with her? Consider

It's the perfect crime - it would be chalked up as a pedestrian accident. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post