Would you come out if you were me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2017, 09:34 PM
RE: Would you come out if you were me?
(20-09-2017 05:10 PM)Gleeman Wrote:  Girlyman, it does seem that it means something to me. Thats one reason I posted. I have 16,14, and 12 year old boys/men... So far I've led them to believe that Jesus is the answer. With not a lot of heart it in it, left that to the wife/ex-wife. reap what you sew. and all that.

I think I remember telling them something like "Jesus is the answer, but that don't mean you ain't gonna die and disappear into the void, boy." Jesus is not the problem, it's the silly promise of a postmortem preservation of personal identity that's the problem, that's the part kids know is bullshit.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2017, 09:33 PM
RE: Would you come out if you were me?
(20-09-2017 02:19 PM)Gleeman Wrote:  My life is stable, even pretty good. I just have this feeling of being a fake and not able to be 100% me. Is it worth it to be 100% if that means possibly igniting a war?

Yea, it's totally worth it.

It seems your desire to be open, stems more out of resentment, than a virtue driven desire to be authentic and truthful with your children. And making decisions fueled by petty resentments never work out in the end. Don't use children to take passive aggressive swipes at the ex wife you clearly depend on more so than she does you.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply