Would you ever live across the street from a church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Would you ever live across the street from a church?
(16-02-2014 11:21 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I used to live across from a train crossing. horns, screeching rails, thuds, clickety-clacking. Quite noisy and I never paid enough attention to figure out the schedule. Eventually I tuned it out, and am now probably one of the few people who could be lulled asleep by the sound of a train passing by.

I eventually tuned out our grandfather clock. But it was strange that my brain sort of kept track of what time it was without me even thinking about it. I never had to look at the clock--my brain was listening even though I wasn't paying it any attention.

Do the church bells ring all night?
They usually start at like 9am to 9-10 at night. Once every hour & they change depending on what time it is. The worst of course is when its 12 o'clock & the best is the next hour when its one o'clock (It only rings once). It wouldn't be bad except i'm right across the street & they are really loud. During the week i'm at work so they usually only bother me on the weekend
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Call the cops and file a complaint that they are disturbing the peace.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
17-02-2014, 12:20 AM
(16-02-2014 10:38 PM)Sovby Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 09:58 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  church bells are one of the few things I like about churches.

GEEZ. I'm really alone on this. Even other atheist disagree with me. I guess i really am crazy or just winey. i guess i gotta do what my neighbors said & suck it up.

You are not alone. I would hate that! I would probably pay some teenage delinquent to break the bells.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
17-02-2014, 12:49 AM
I'm with you too. It's not an 'atheist' thing either. That noise would drive me mental!!!

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
17-02-2014, 04:40 AM
It won't help with the noise pollution, but if you start referring to church bells as the "call to prayer" you can get some satisfyingly offended looks from Christians.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
17-02-2014, 05:11 AM
(17-02-2014 04:40 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  It won't help with the noise pollution, but if you start referring to church bells as the "call to prayer" you can get some satisfyingly offended looks from Christians.

Why is it offensive?

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
17-02-2014, 07:06 AM
I can think of two conditions that would compel me to live across the street from a church: all members, cleric also and all visitors are deaf and they don't believe in music, or the domicile was given to me.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
17-02-2014, 07:30 AM
The local church here would ring really loudly as I was walking back from work. I just see it as noise pollution and would have to cover my ears if I got caught out. I was always glad not to live opposite it.
17-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I kinda live next to a church, as in, the entrance to my neighborhood is near it.

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-02-2014, 09:44 AM
A Hindu temple was built in my neighborhood. The architecture is a little garish and phallic and out of place but they seem like nice enough folk. ... Oh, and they got no bells. At least I ain't heard none.

[Image: temple-1.jpg]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.