Would you mind "mind control" if it where being used to positive effect.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Would you mind "mind control" if it where being used to positive effect.?
I was watching something on the future of shopping and it noted that if the their where enough info on your habits. they could use subliminal messages to make you more likely to buy something.... "you already want" and amazon is so sure they can predict what you are going to buy that in the future that they will ship things to you before you even know you want them....

knowing all this I think that the marketing teams will note that the consumers are becoming broke... so then maybe they will start using the subliminal messages to make us more successful. so we can buy more stuff.. yay for us.......?????

what do you think of that sort of outcome. was just curious to what people would think. ty for your time.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: Would you mind "mind control" if it where being used to positive effect.?
(01-07-2015 03:12 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I was watching something on the future of shopping and it noted that if the their where enough info on your habits. they could use subliminal messages to make you more likely to buy something.... "you already want" ...

It wouldn't be the first time subliminal messaging was used in advertising...

(01-07-2015 03:12 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  knowing all this I think that the marketing teams will note that the consumers are becoming broke... so then maybe they will start using the subliminal messages to make us more successful. so we can buy more stuff.. yay for us.......?????

This is a stretch, I think. For one, you can't subliminally message people into success. Suggest them down a particular path of action perhaps, but you can't exactly use subliminal messaging to make mediocre chefs into masters. Buy some Coca Cola

(01-07-2015 03:12 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  and amazon is so sure they can predict what you are going to buy that in the future that they will ship things to you before you even know you want them....
You got that Coke yet
This seems like it would be a really bad business decision for Amazon. It wouldn't make sense for them to do it at all, even if they did manage to know what people will want, with a high level of accuracy. They are basically sending gifts, is what that would be; nobody is going to pay Amazon for a thing that just turned up without order: "Oh, gee Amazon, thanks for the... whatever you gave me! Wait, my money? No! You can't have my money for this! You sent it to me without purchase! I didn't buy this and now you want money?!"
Quench that thirst with a refreshing Coke!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Yup....

FT has it exactly.....

Under current law - if someone sends you something you didn't agree to purchase ---- it's yours, free and clear.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-07-2015, 03:52 PM
The answer is no.

Also, for some reason I am really craving a coca-cola right now. And I hate soft drinks! WEIRD!!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
01-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Is an intense craving for poontang a result of subliminal messaging????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-07-2015, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 04:05 PM by kunoxian drive.)
yessss.... my plan to have the next mini piano master is about to come to fruition..

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/17/a...ou-buy-it/

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
01-07-2015, 04:07 PM
(01-07-2015 03:56 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Is an intense craving for poontang a result of subliminal messaging????

I would suppose that pheromones are a natural form subliminal messaging. Therefore, your intense craving could, in some cases, be a result of subliminal messaging.

Sort of like when stores use a very subtle orange scent in the air to make you spend more money.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
01-07-2015, 04:07 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
I could already be a winner!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post