Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
Depends who it is, but I'd likely still feel bad about it no matter who it was.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 03:16 AM
If there was no doubt it would turn into a paradise after i killed someone and could kill some1 of my choice ,sure. If the person had to be innocent,no ,i would not

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
06-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Oh sweet jesus no! Not because I have qualms with buddy what's his face dying. I have qualms with the utopia part. Holy balls that would be boring! Everyone would eventually forget glorious things like fighting and weapons! The world would be so.....weak.
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
06-11-2013, 06:08 AM
(05-11-2013 09:30 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Would you murder one innocent person if it meant that from here on out, for all time, there would be no murder, rape, assault, theft, corruption, etc? Everything else in society and nature is the same.

Whether it's due to alien intervention, or some some sort of rational scientific psychological explanation, the logistics doesn't matter.

Would you accept that deal?

If not, how to you rationalize killing/torturing present/future billions over 1 person?
If yes, at what number would you stop at?

if the person agreed to it, then yes.
But the premise is too outlandish to give a real answe.
06-11-2013, 06:16 AM
(05-11-2013 09:30 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Would you murder one innocent person if it meant that from here on out, for all time, there would be no murder, rape, assault, theft, corruption, etc? Everything else in society and nature is the same.

Whether it's due to alien intervention, or some some sort of rational scientific psychological explanation, the logistics doesn't matter.

Would you accept that deal?

If not, how to you rationalize killing/torturing present/future billions over 1 person?
If yes, at what number would you stop at?

I evaluate work on a strict effort/reward comparison.

As such; is the effort that I must go to worth the reward? That depends on the length that I must go to kill this hypothetical person.
In addition to the effort; is the reward worth it? That depends on how much I personally benefit from the resultant hypothetical era of peace on Earth.

Adding in the psychological stress of having the blood of an 'innocent' forever on my hands - making me nothing better than any other murderer in history in my opinion regardless of justification and the physical effort of actually killing this person (lets say execution via gunshot for minimal physical effort) to me, that is a pretty high price.

Now of the reward; It is highly unlikely that I myself would ever experience an assault or rape or theft personally so I personally don't gain much by their cessation. Sure the rest of the species benefits immensely collectively speaking but I personally likely receive little for the wanton act of murder which I would have to commit to gain the reward.
Also I suspect that the sudden change might result in stagnation for our species (conflict drives advance, lets not fool ourselves here).

On the grounds of my own morality and sense of personal honour, the reward is not worth the effort that I must undertake. I decline.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-11-2013, 06:25 AM
What if the question was more precise and posed as....

Why do you allow the killing of so many people in order to live the lifestyle you live? How much is too much?

Millions of people work and live in extremely shitty conditions so that we in the west can have the lifestyle we have

The question is posed as if it isn't happening already. The question should be...

How many billions of people do you think is too much to be suffering in order for you to have this lifestyle? At what number does it become immoral?

When does this become immoral?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWSxzjyMNpU
[+] 4 users Like I and I's post
06-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Sounds like demonology. That never works. Tongue

The assumption of absolute right contrasts the term murder, thus the only logical answer is no.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 06:49 AM
(06-11-2013 06:25 AM)I and I Wrote:  What if the question was more precise and posed as....

I&I amplifying the unnecessary douchebaggery? You two are like comedic supervillains.Imma destroy alla Gotham because Imma egotistical pyschotic, but it will be all your fault, Batman!

No. Besides, this ain't the politics forum. Ya fuck. Tongue

But I've already answered your question by refusing subscription, the government has found that paying me a psycho stipend is cheaper than making me a ward of the state, it is tao. It is not as simple as burning down the Walmarts, I squared. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 06:51 AM
(06-11-2013 06:25 AM)I and I Wrote:  What if the question was more precise and posed as....

Why do you allow the killing of so many people in order to live the lifestyle you live? How much is too much?

Millions of people work and live in extremely shitty conditions so that we in the west can have the lifestyle we have

The question is posed as if it isn't happening already. The question should be...

How many billions of people do you think is too much to be suffering in order for you to have this lifestyle? At what number does it become immoral?

When does this become immoral?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWSxzjyMNpU
I can solve the worlds problems with just 2 words

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-11-2013, 06:53 AM
(06-11-2013 06:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

I&I amplifying the unnecessary douchebaggery? You two are like comedic supervillains.Imma destroy alla Gotham because Imma egotistical pyschotic, but it will be all your fault, Batman!

No. Besides, this ain't the politics forum. Ya fuck. Tongue

But I've already answered your question by refusing subscription, the government has found that paying me a psycho stipend is cheaper than making me a ward of the state, it is tao. It is not as simple as burning down the Walmarts, I squared. Dodgy

So the current rate that billions of people live shitty lives in extreme poverty so that you can have your lifestyle is ok with you? So, how many is too many?