Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
(06-11-2013 06:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 06:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I&I amplifying the unnecessary douchebaggery? You two are like comedic supervillains.Imma destroy alla Gotham because Imma egotistical pyschotic, but it will be all your fault, Batman!

No. Besides, this ain't the politics forum. Ya fuck. Tongue

But I've already answered your question by refusing subscription, the government has found that paying me a psycho stipend is cheaper than making me a ward of the state, it is tao. It is not as simple as burning down the Walmarts, I squared. Dodgy

So the current rate that billions of people live shitty lives in extreme poverty so that you can have your lifestyle is ok with you? So, how many is too many?

See why people don't like you? Dodgy

I have both a potential utopia and a probable vector; you speak as one who just wants to watch the world burn. You should ride your high horse out of the ditch, you wanna speak down to me.

Boy.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
(06-11-2013 07:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 06:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  So the current rate that billions of people live shitty lives in extreme poverty so that you can have your lifestyle is ok with you? So, how many is too many?

See why people don't like you? Dodgy

I have both a potential utopia and a probable vector; you speak as one who just wants to watch the world burn. You should ride your high horse out of the ditch, you wanna speak down to me.

Boy.

My horse doesn't get high...

People don't like me because I pointed out the global wealth disparity? Ok
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 07:37 AM
(06-11-2013 07:24 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 07:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  See why people don't like you? Dodgy

Boy.

My horse doesn't get high...

People don't like me because I pointed out the global wealth disparity? Ok

I don't like you because you called me wealthy. Tongue

You're speaking prophecy to a prophet. We're both rabble rousers. I've seen a thing to do and a way to do it; but there's two big problems, people are going to get fucked off. And people do not want to be saved.

I can and have thought globally, in the meantime I like to keep it local. You act like I kan do right! and everything's gonna be OK. It ain't gonna be OK, not globally, not when the eyes focused on the horizon trip up the feet in roots.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 07:53 AM
I'd do it if it was I&I.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-11-2013, 08:07 AM
"innocent person", earmuffs Wink

But yes, I&I, you have a point. We all make this choice at some level, but are distant enough from those affected that we feel powerless and unaccountable for the choice.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-11-2013, 08:15 AM
(06-11-2013 08:07 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  "innocent person", earmuffs Wink

I & I's innocent all right. Just ask him.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Actually.... I could see this as some sort of Twilight Zone-ish/Outer Limits-y type of show.

The man is given this scenario, and spends the whole episode racking his brains out trying to figure who he's going to kill. No matter who it is, however evil that person is, he just can't bring himself to kill them. Then by the end he's driven himself so mad he ends up killing himself.... which of course would be the 'one death' needed to bring about this utopia. Tongue

Either way, it would still be a far greater sacrifice than this Jesus guy who didn't really die and left the world in the same state is was before he even got here. Wink

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like LostLocke's post
06-11-2013, 08:51 AM
YES. But 3 conditions:

I get to choose what Utopia looks like, who the innocent person is and the manner of their death.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Surely if utopia only required one person's death, someone would volunteer for lethal injection or something.

I think this is a useless thought experiment though.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
06-11-2013, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 10:59 AM by Heathen.)
(06-11-2013 10:30 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Surely if utopia only required one person's death, someone would volunteer for lethal injection or something.

I think this is a useless thought experiment though.

I agree. In my previous post I identified only 4 of the possible variants. If I could achieve it (my version) this easily, put me up on a skyscraper with a sniper rifle. This of course begs the question; what is utopia? I'm sure we all have different ideas of it. There is no consensus on what that would look like. It sounds a lot like heaven, in that it does not exist.

I'll bet there is someone who would kill 2 for their version of utopia. And so on, and so on, and so on.....
Sound familiar?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post