Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
(06-11-2013 06:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 06:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I&I amplifying the unnecessary douchebaggery? You two are like comedic supervillains.Imma destroy alla Gotham because Imma egotistical pyschotic, but it will be all your fault, Batman!

No. Besides, this ain't the politics forum. Ya fuck. Tongue

But I've already answered your question by refusing subscription, the government has found that paying me a psycho stipend is cheaper than making me a ward of the state, it is tao. It is not as simple as burning down the Walmarts, I squared. Dodgy

So the current rate that billions of people live shitty lives in extreme poverty so that you can have your lifestyle is ok with you? So, how many is too many?

Just one is too many, but we don't cause the poverty as individuals. We don't give out shitty lives to people. Everyone just lives in the culture they were born in. None of us made a conscious decision to choose a set number of people to suffer in exchange for our happiness. We lived our lives in blissful ignorance as children. Never knowing of those who were suffering around us. As adults we do the best we can to try and make changes. We recycle and live as green as we can. We sign petitions left and right tell this company and that organization to treat workers better. We boycott places that are severely cruel to their employers and we try to give extra business to those companies that offer fair wages and good working conditions. We do what is in our power to help, but we did not cause this problem. We are all expected to live in the societies we live in. So maybe comparatively it seems trivial to say, we have jobs and children and lives to deal with so we do what we can but it is not enough. I don't understand why you think we are all just a bunch of jerks sitting around laughing and the truly poor while we get to have better lives at their expense. For the most part that is not the case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
If feel like if you say yes to this then you might as well kill yourself instead of someone else. My reason being that utopia is a place with no criminals so once you kill someone to allow for utopia then you will have to be destroyed by whoever is creating this utopia anyways right?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
No.

I have heard of the concept of something huge and horrible ending suffering; I was raised Christian. I doubt thought it would hold, even of it were enacted. We're just built like that.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
(06-11-2013 07:24 AM)I and I Wrote:  People don't like me because I pointed out the global wealth disparity? Ok

Nope. People don't like you cuz you exist. Ok.

Anyone who says they can see utopia prolly has amphylopia, anisometropia, anopia, diplopia, dystopia, ectopia, hypermetropia, hyperopia, or presbyopia. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
(06-11-2013 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 07:24 AM)I and I Wrote:  People don't like me because I pointed out the global wealth disparity? Ok

Nope. People don't like you cuz you exist. Ok.

Anyone who says they can see utopia prolly has amphylopia, anisometropia, anopia, diplopia, dystopia, ectopia, hypermetropia, hyperopia, or presbyopia. Tongue

Anyone that thinks I said or implied that I can see utopia is am idiot that can't read.
06-11-2013, 01:13 PM
(06-11-2013 01:10 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. People don't like you cuz you exist. Ok.

Anyone that thinks I said or implied that I can see utopia is am idiot that can't read.

"am idiot" ... 'k then.

See that little break up there, then .... the big words were not for you.
Now run out and play.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-11-2013, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 01:25 PM by Luminon.)
(05-11-2013 09:30 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Would you murder one innocent person if it meant that from here on out, for all time, there would be no murder, rape, assault, theft, corruption, etc? Everything else in society and nature is the same.

Whether it's due to alien intervention, or some some sort of rational scientific psychological explanation, the logistics doesn't matter.

Would you accept that deal?

If not, how to you rationalize killing/torturing present/future billions over 1 person?
If yes, at what number would you stop at?
Well, within the narrow context of the question, the killing is obviously right. But nobody lives inside of a made-up example world. So within this pointless context, I must say I would want to but probably couldn't, the biggest thing I killed was a mouse by setting a trap and even though I played a number of MMORPGs, I never managed to kill anybody.

The truth is, you don't understand what is utopia. Utopia is a singularity of consciousness - a holistic society without blind spots, a world where the means, the goal and the consequences are all one, all equally important, a world without significant trade-offs and choosing lesser evils. Obviously that requires hell of a smart science, technology, design and social organization, but it's doable. Except of course, utopia is by definition impossible, because what is "perfect" can not evolve, can not change, but let's say you meant some kind of evolving but non-violent society.

To return to the question, I wouldn't do any such an immoral thing. Having an utopia with billions people not knowing how did they get there or why do they have it and how to keep it, that's a recipe for trouble. That's like giving people a Republic, if they can keep it, as Benjamin Franklin said. Obviously they couldn't, as you Americans can see today.

Anyway, I think the question is valid, in this world we sometimes face important decisions that can affect lives. I must say, people have died or killed for much less than utopia and still were considered good people.
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Hell yeah!

And earmuffs is at the top of the hitlist. Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
06-11-2013, 05:12 PM
There is no such thing as Utopia.

Although I concede that it can exist for a fleeting moment. A few hours if you're really fortunate.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
06-11-2013, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 06:10 PM by Christsays.)
A better question would be would you murder 20 million people for a global utopia. The answer would be the same, yes, although I need to be thinking normally to mean it in a way I'm comfortable. Interesting.

(06-11-2013 01:18 PM)Luminon Wrote:  So within this pointless context, I must say I would want to but probably couldn't, the biggest thing I killed was a mouse by setting a trap and even though I played a number of MMORPGs, I never managed to kill anybody.

The truth is, you don't understand what is utopia. Utopia is a singularity of consciousness - a holistic society without blind spots...

1) That's sad.
2) How did you dream this up or where did you get it from?
[+] 2 users Like Christsays's post