Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
It's not a very practical question. On the other hand, it is quite a simple question with a simple intent. Until it gets more complicated. And experience suggests it's a Retarded question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
(07-11-2013 02:25 PM)Christsays Wrote:  It's not a very practical question. On the other hand, it is quite a simple question with a simple intent. Until it gets more complicated. And experience suggests it's a Retarded question.

A question cannot be "retarded". The person asking it however, could be. Is that what you're implying?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
07-11-2013, 03:25 PM
No, I would certainly not murder any single individual human being for a utopia. There is no rationalization or justification that validates destroying an individual's existence against their will.

Not only is this evil utopia achieved through murdering the existence of one person, it also violates the free will of every other individual that exists ever, by removing all crime and suffering by force this suggests that everyone else's nature has to forcefully changed as well, and their actions limited and prevented so that they can't perform certain actions. The premise of the argument seems to assume that this doesn't matter, and forgets that every single individual person is responsible for whatever actions they choose, it is up to an individual's free will whether to be morally good, or morally bad and cause suffering.

The world would be a better if everyone had the free will to be able to choose to be evil, but chose of their own free will against it, instead of not being evil only because they can't after a person was murdered in order to restrict their freedom.

I wouldn't even end my own life to create the hypothetical utopia; no one should have to be sacrificed or compromised to make the world a better place, if a 'utopia' demands that any one person has to be sacrificed for it, then that utopia simply isn't good enough.

That kind of utopian justification is everything that is wrong with the christian doctrine view of the world that somehow still seems to permeate other philosophical thinking for some reason; sacrifice and self-sacrifice are total bullshit. Fuck self-righteous utopian zealotry; fuck murder; if you can think of no better way that the world could be improved, then clearly you aren't thinking hard enough.

Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
07-11-2013, 03:55 PM
(07-11-2013 03:08 PM)Heathen Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 02:25 PM)Christsays Wrote:  It's not a very practical question. On the other hand, it is quite a simple question with a simple intent. Until it gets more complicated. And experience suggests it's a Retarded question.

A question cannot be "retarded". The person asking it however, could be. Is that what you're implying?

The other way around might make more sense if we aren't to call both Retarded.

(07-11-2013 03:25 PM)MrAttacus Wrote:  No, I would certainly not murder any single individual human being for a utopia. There is no rationalization or justification that validates destroying an individual's existence against their will.

What do we do with this kid, for instance?
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
(07-11-2013 03:55 PM)Christsays Wrote:  What do we do with this kid, for instance?

[Image: 3b9f4cf5-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-...816026.jpg]

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
07-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I love how the entire topic of this thread was completely hypothetical, and instead of answering, people go on and on about how a utopia is retarded and how it's bullshit.

Well of course it's bullshit, you smart little dumb fuck. The thread didn't read "If you kill one person, I will make the world a Utopia." The thread stated a hypothetical question not to be taken seriously, but answered....

Ta-da. Shy

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 06:20 PM by Hughsie.)
(07-11-2013 06:02 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I love how the entire topic of this thread was completely hypothetical, and instead of answering, people go on and on about how a utopia is retarded and how it's bullshit.

Well of course it's bullshit, you smart little dumb fuck. The thread didn't read "If you kill one person, I will make the world a Utopia." The thread stated a hypothetical question not to be taken seriously, but answered....

Ta-da. Shy

Excellent point. Plagiarised almost word for word from what I said on Skype but an excellent point. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
(07-11-2013 06:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:02 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I love how the entire topic of this thread was completely hypothetical, and instead of answering, people go on and on about how a utopia is retarded and how it's bullshit.

Ta-da. Shy

Excellent point. Plagiarised almost word for word from what I said on Skype but an excellent point. Big Grin

First come, first serve, fatty mc fat fat. Shy

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
07-11-2013, 06:51 PM
If you got to this "utopia", and found out it was full of constantly shiny, bouncy, happy people all over the friggin place, could you murder one of them to go back? Dodgy

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Utopia is whatever you want it to be. It can be anything your imagination can come up with, because eventually you'll be fucking dead and never know you were wrong. Some find that comforting. Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How Do You Define a Good Person? southernbelle 58 1,191 Yesterday 10:41 AM
Last Post: miranda_face
  Earth. Our planet? living thing 26 593 02-06-2014 11:31 AM
Last Post: living thing
Question What type of person would you trust with godly powers? PoolBoyG 56 1,625 19-01-2013 08:03 AM
Last Post: Vosur
  Thinking outside of the "box" (earth) bemore 28 1,377 22-09-2012 01:35 AM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  How hard can it be to kill an unarmed person? Zat 36 2,497 28-03-2012 09:38 AM
Last Post: PeterKA
  if beings made contact with earth or visa versa, would that disprove a god? James The Brit 9 1,794 15-08-2011 04:21 PM
Last Post: Zatamon