Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
For some utopia is easy to obtain.

[Image: marijuana-field.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
08-11-2013, 03:40 PM
So... You do realize that there is no such thing as concious free will. Humans don't really have the ability to choose, so free will isn't an option.

Plus, even if it was, we are already limited. When I was a child, I wanted to fly. Not on a plane, but just fly. However, no matter how much I would will myself to fly, I am LIMITED by the constraints.

So, I see no problem with adding one more
Constraint.

Plus, its not like the fact that I can't do evil things is going to affect all other choices.

Just because I can't do evil doesn't neccesarily turn me into a robot, or make me choose a hamburger over a cheeseburger.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
09-11-2013, 02:50 AM
(07-11-2013 06:33 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 05:54 AM)Juv Wrote:  No. Utopia is bullshit.
Yeah, utopia is bullshit. So is dystopia, yet we live in it and think this is the best of the possible worlds. The almighty dollar religion, gluttony chants in every home and sacred nation tribes. Fuck that shit. Why can't we have just... topia?

"Topia" would be the best way; and it might be the most possible way.
09-11-2013, 02:55 AM
(07-11-2013 06:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  If you got to this "utopia", and found out it was full of constantly shiny, bouncy, happy people all over the friggin place, could you murder one of them to go back? Dodgy

Tongue

Thanks for bringing this up.Thumbsup
09-11-2013, 03:00 AM
(09-11-2013 02:55 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  If you got to this "utopia", and found out it was full of constantly shiny, bouncy, happy people all over the friggin place, could you murder one of them to go back? Dodgy

Tongue

Thanks for bringing this up.Thumbsup

In most people's definition of a utopia no one would have the desire to murder, including yourself, so it wouldn't happen.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
09-11-2013, 03:06 AM
(09-11-2013 03:00 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:55 AM)Juv Wrote:  Thanks for bringing this up.Thumbsup

In most people's definition of a utopia no one would have the desire to murder, including yourself, so it wouldn't happen.

Good point.
09-11-2013, 04:16 PM
You people over analyse everything. The question is so simply posted that it doesn't allow so in depth analysis.

Just say you'd kill the person and be assured this scenario is so far fetched that you'll never find yourself in that situation and your morality will be intact

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-11-2013, 04:30 PM
(09-11-2013 04:16 PM)nach_in Wrote:  You people over analyse everything. The question is so simply posted that it doesn't allow so in depth analysis.

Just say you'd kill the person and be assured this scenario is so far fetched that you'll never find yourself in that situation and your morality will be intact

But if the scenario were possible I would not kill the person...
09-11-2013, 07:47 PM
(09-11-2013 04:16 PM)nach_in Wrote:  You people over analyse everything. The question is so simply posted that it doesn't allow so in depth analysis.

I enjoy the chance for serious introspection. It doesn't matter that the question is poorly phrased or preposterous, it gives a chance for some personal reflection.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
09-11-2013, 08:03 PM
(09-11-2013 07:47 PM)natachan Wrote:  

I enjoy the chance for serious introspection. It doesn't matter that the question is poorly phrased or preposterous, it gives a chance for some personal reflection.

that's a good point Consider

[Image: sigvacachica.png]