Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
I'm enjoying the introspection and equally frustrated! I've been thinking about it ALL DAY! I've even been asking my mates, I'm no where near an answer yet! Of course the question can be dismissed out of hand for the reasons given in the thread already but I'm trying to treat it in the context that the OP meant it and I'm struggling. Lol

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: Would you murder 1 person for a utopia on earth?
(05-11-2013 09:30 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Would you murder one innocent person if it meant that from here on out, for all time, there would be no murder, rape, assault, theft, corruption, etc? Everything else in society and nature is the same.

Whether it's due to alien intervention, or some some sort of rational scientific psychological explanation, the logistics doesn't matter.

Would you accept that deal?

If not, how to you rationalize killing/torturing present/future billions over 1 person?
If yes, at what number would you stop at?

If I was asked the question, "If you could choose the world to be such that murders, rape, assault, etc continue at their current rate or such that there will be only one more instance of those kinds of crimes (your decision has no effect on how long the world lasts) what would you choose?". The decision is easy. Pick the world were only one more instance of that kind of crime is going to be committed.

Now add the twist that you have to be the murderer...Should it really make a difference in your decision?

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply