Would you piss on your father's grave?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: Would you piss on your father's grave?
My father was a bible-thumping Lutheran who was violently abusive toward myself and my siblings. Until the day he died, he was an overbearing tyrant. I did not shed even a single tear for him at his funeral. Pissing on his grave would be an empty gesture. You cannot harm or take revenge on the dead. I did, however, add a codicil to my will, stating that my remains would not be buried beside him in the family plot, but rather cremated and buried deep in the forest behind my house.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post
07-03-2017, 10:23 AM
If the question is really "Would I deliberatedly disrespect my father?", I would still say No. He has been dead for almost a decade, and although we didn't get along, I still owe him a lot. I now understand he wanted the best for me even though we disagreed on what that should be.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
07-03-2017, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't out of respect for others, and I might get arrested.

But if I was alone and had to piss, why not. My dad isn't there, and it's a plot of land. There's nothing sacred about it.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
07-03-2017, 11:06 AM
My dad recently basically disowned me. He doesn't want to see me again. He lives in Virginia, so I wouldn't bother making the trip up there to do it. That's a long time to hold my pee, and it's not worth the effort.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
07-03-2017, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't bother wasting my time.
07-03-2017, 11:18 PM
When this thread was started before, asking the same question about "your mother's grave," I said we had officially run out of things to talk about on here. I stand corrected.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2017, 11:35 PM
There's lots of answers to this question. What it really comes down to is how badly you want to go.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Honestly I wouldnt waste the urine on him. *shrug*
08-03-2017, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't piss on anyone's grave.

For the ones I loved, it would seem disrespectful. I get that they aren't really there in the ground, but its the symbolism. It just seems wrong especially since there are still living people who care about visiting that grave who could be insulted or offended by that symbolism.

For people I cared less about, what would be the point?

For people I strongly disliked, since they aren't really in the ground, what would be the point there either?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Would you piss on your father's grave?
(01-10-2016 09:05 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I probably wouldn't.

Would you eat his ashes?